Masters Running

Thursday - I think... Master Runs and What Not (Read 442 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Ok, to keep it more simple than yesterday. I am bummed about my running, and had decided on a easy mid week long-ish run last night. I ran towards my track and had many many "talks" with myself.....HTFU dude - you are no wussie - focus and get out of this stoopid funk. Details - as I talk too much at times....who is rolling their eyes right now. 13.3 miles - 1:51:16 - 8:22 overall pace. Then, 8 - 1/2 mile repeats on the track. I really thought I would do 1000 M repeats, but decided on 1/2 mile because I was soooo very confused about my running as of late. Heck, I had not done track work in like 4 weeks I think....so had no idea what to expect. 1/2 mile repeats which I wanted to ease into because my legs felt like logs...the whole run actually. 1 - 3:31 - 7:02 pace 2 - 3:34 - 7:08 pace 3 - 3:34 - 7:08 pace 4 - 3:30 - 7:00 pace 5 - 3:32 - 7:04 pace - as I was feeling like a stoopid slug....pick it up stoopid. 6 - 3:22 - 6:44 pace 7: 3:25 - 6:50 pace 8 - 3:21 - 6:42 pace - as I was feeling good, and was really ...umm mad about how I have been running latley. I only had 6 1/2 mile repeats in my mind, but felt like I needed a couple of more to help the way I have been feeling. I am somewhat disappointed at this workout as I can run much faster. But for where I am at right now....it was a good effort. Short recovery run today, then easy Friday, and another 20 mile attempt on Sat...got a feeling it will go better. My track work...I ran tall - strong - and in control. It was very windy out too, which I didn't mention....but no excuses Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

evanflein

Go to bed, Tim!

Marathon Maniac #957

Thanks for the early start, Tim.

Rest day for me today, no run, no weights, just a few stability ball crunches and planks.

Happy Thursday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Renee the dog

Well, I'm up early, not to run, but to start my cross-training day by sprinting through the grocery store unencumbered by children!  Yahoo! 

Good runs to all today!!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Nice to see Tim-Bo starting us off today!   Looks like an awesome workout to me - nothing to be bummed about!!

Enjoy your "rest" day Holly.

and NoNo - enjoy your child free shopping!! 

Pepe La P.U. was out before me this morning .... yuck!   I'm proud to say that I got up 3 days in a row for a run this week, and this morning I just got up rather than laying there vascilating about what to do.  5 very cool (cold) miles with Brinkley.   I could see my breath ... what's up with that???    My hands were so cold by the time I got home I could hardly get Brinkley leash off of him.

Exact pace as yesterday - 9:41 and a little lower HR at an avg. of 160.  300 various crunches to top off the morning.

Happy Thoisday!!  Big grin

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Nice to have you back Tim.  One day, and one step, at a time.  You'll do fine at Seattle.  (I'm still waiting for you to confirm you're going.  Email me as soon as you realize you have to go.)

I had considered sneaking off unannounced to South Bend Indiana for this Saturday's Marathon.  MM status (1 star) qualifier.  But I decided not to spend the money.  Sometimes I'm too dang logical and practical.

Logical Bill

PS: a new "Headband Bill" avatar - this time from Bayshore

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Morning, gang!

Tim - wow - half mile repeats on top of a half marathon  - nothing to be unhappy with at all!

nono - hope your grocery sprint was good.

Mary - do you miss the pups?? I miss the photos......sigh.......

As the Garmin was totaled in my mishap last week, and as I am totally addicted to the little bugger, I ordered a replacement over the weekend.  It came yesterday, and I programmed it on the drive to work this morning.  Just in time for my 6.5 miles on the treadmill (raining and coolish outside).  I'm soooo happy to have my pal back again. 

Good runs all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Slo

Heya Gang

It's a gorgeous day here !

Out for a nice an easy 8 miler this morning. Cool, hardly a breeze.....didn't even break a sweat.

Sue....I couldn't live with out my Garmin either. I now force myself to run at least once a week without it. On those days I wind up running routes that I already know the distance on and where each mile is and I don't stray from that course.......very sorry....very sorry indeed that I let a little device control how and where I'm going to run.

As a reminder to myself.....It's not important how far or how fast you go......just how long you go.

Nice running there Tim........Bill, How's that Guitar coming along ?

SueT48 which Garmin did you get?  Is it the new XT model?  If so, is there any real advantage to it relative to the plain old 305?

biketm keeping your spirits high is way more important than running fast repeats.  Just do what makes you happy on the road and forget what your times are.  Your race times are really not very important to your life.  Heck, nobody around here has race times that are very important to their lives!

evanflein lol only somebody in Alaska would be up at 2am EDT(?) to tell somebody else to go to sleep!

nonoruns we need some things at my house.  While you are out can you pick me up a quart of non-fat and 2% milk? 

I may wander to the local gym and get a one month membership.  My wife's trainer has been letting me in for free for my 10 minutes on the elliptical that I am allowed.  Seems pretty silly to pay for a gym membership so I can go in for 10 minutes a few days a week.  But, then again it seems a lot sillier to buy an elliptical machine so that I can use it for 10 minutes a few days a week for what I hope to be less than two months!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Yeah, it was chilly out there this morning, Mary. Our vegetable garden is healthy, but definitely growing more slowly than usual for this time of year.

4.1 recovery miles this morning in IRC at a 9:20 pace. I've been busy with drywall work in my garage (man, I hate doing that!) and took 3 days off after Sunday's HM. I would've gone farther today, but have a meetup in the early PM to do some biking miles out at the park.

Hope everyone out there gets some good running in today!

ETA: Finished my "brick" today with a 20-mile ride around the park.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Muggy 10.4 this morning in light drizzle.

ETA: I finally got GPS upload to work again.

Be safe. Be kind.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Tramps!   I was just going to post a note to you that my Garmin upload worked today too!!  

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

interesting that they didn't work on National Running Day.  Spooky

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mariposai

Look at timbo's pace...great job there dude.

Tammy, a huge congrats on your mid week 10 miler. You so rock sister. I can relate to the ice story yesterday. I can do the same in my community.

Erika, nice 8 miler for you too last night. The pace of the last 2 miles of hills looks awesome.

deez4boys, you speedy girl. congrats on that awesome and speedy track w/o last night.

enkie, how are you? feeling better, I hope.

go ultra Holly, goooooooooo

where is lynden?

did we do a double run or did we work on the yard srlopez?.

Well, well...unbeknown to me today was my day. 9 miles with 5x 30 sec hills repeats. I just ran by feel, I did not look at my garmin, not even once. When I got back home I was pleasantly surprised at my average 9:12 pace. Now considering the hill repeats sandwiched in the middle this is a pretty good pace for my wings.

Off to Wenatchee to do a 2 hours workshop for the WA State firefighters annual conference.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Off to Wenatchee to do a 2 hours workshop for the WA State firefighters annual conference.

Firefighters, huh?  Do they have a calendar?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."