Masters Running

Monday July 26 Runs and Other Such Silly Behavior (Read 475 times)

evanflein

*sigh*   Why people can't just leave me alone, I have no idea.

I love this. I could've written this! I swear, Leslie and I are connected cosmically somehow. 

Roch, that looks like the way I'd like to go camping. Throw in a hot shower in the morning, and I'm good!

Look at those muddy feet! Anyone lose their shoes?

Renee the dog

3 treadmill miles just now.  Leg feels OK -- not wonderful, but I think I might see how 3 more go tonight at recovery pace.  Gotta give the kids a bath first though -- they smell!  (Well, not as bad as I do right now, but still, littles should smell sweet, not sweaty!)

It's college week here at my place -- Bayside's away, so I return to my college ways: pizza, hot and cold sandwiches, and not much else. Oh, and beer.  Bayside is in Seattle trying to meet with his boss to serve notice. He tried to do it last week, and his boss blew off his conference call and then never returned any calls for the rest of the week.   Really, why incur the expenses of travel to a technical training when the guy isn't going to continue with the company??  Double  as a shareholder.  I guess if I see Bayside post it on Facebook (his boss friended him awhile ago) I'll know he's hit his limit in patience!

{{{Denise & son}}}

{{Holly}}

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

I love this. I could've written this! I swear, Leslie and I are connected cosmically somehow. 

back atcha!

Love, love, LOVE all that mud!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

SteveP

Denise, your family has been in my thoughts and prayers often. Though...I may be going to France to race...Not much for the wine...eating is way kewl....Refer to weight loss thread.

Good to see you Doug

Gotta love the kiddo miles Karen

We love ya (((((DG)))))

Judy Collins' voice is like no other...."Kicks Butt" isn't the best term....but...yeah...

(((((Holly)))))....just from the character you show, we can tell you're capable and compitent. keeping in mind that you're also a soccer coach...simply amazing.

Holy heavy hardware, Dove...I hope you kids stay awy from the pool with that on your necks!!!!

Today has been a lawn mower repair/profanity day. Tag came with me to get propane for the smoker...Jumped out of the truck to try and get into the office with me.

When we got home, I parked in the sun...had all the doors open and the back. I called Tag and he would not get out. He was standing in the back panting. When I called him, he laid down. We went to the parts store. I parked in the shade. While I was in the store, Tag went to the ice cream shop....The kids there gave him the usual. ...I promise, I was gonna take him after we got lawn mower parts....I did find out that the flavor "Eskimo Kisses"  has 0% real Eskimo in it...WTF!

SteveP

Maniac 505

((((Deez))))

Marathon de Medoc (the one your friend is doing)  is on my bucket list. 

While driving to the newport marathon/oysterfest Tet and I were discussing this one when we passed an "Oregon wine tasting" sign Tet told me to stop so he could grab a bottle of wine too carry the 13 miles to the Oyster farm. 

Turns out,  more oysters are eaten during the Medoc marathon than during newport.    most of the medoc runners wear costumes.  the course is open for 6 hours and I have been told that you should plan on taking 6 hours to finisn

-----------------------------------------------------

more from me........      3.2 miles in the least humidity of the summer!

1/2 hr chat this morning with my friend in Scotland - she just did some kind of crazy, hilly, trail 28 miler and is planning on a marathon in France where you sip wine at every "water" stop and have a meal at mile 21 --  crazy!!  should we all go join her? 

have wonderful monday monday my awesome friends!

Denise.   I'm feeling for you.   Keep up the running to your own spirits up.  Eat healthy stuff.  I have been through a rough crisis this spring and summer, and know that running kept me in betters spirits than I would have been otherwise.   I have just this week been filling out my last four months of m running log.  We are all with you.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I wonder if there're any respective wine/oyster course records for Medoc.

woodlie - any Sea/Tac area events on the horizon?

I'm practicing our secret pace

denise - if possible, try to talk to aamos or local contact  before hearing.

check internet experiences too. good luck.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Does Bubba have room for another ?......Seriously

I'm supposed to be on RAGBRAI right now but life really got in the way of things.

Bubba definitely always has room for more, and this tour is also definitely not sold out. Go to http://www.lmb.org for the details. By the way, Bubba does a great job catering RAGBRAI as well -- this was his 2nd year doing it. He regaled us with a lot of RAGBRAI stories last year at the Michigander!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Slo

Roch.....I googled the ride and Bubba....Looked so cool I called my wife to get permission.........then the knock came on my office door. So much for August being free.....Looks like a late fall vacation for our household.