Masters Running

TGIF OCT 2...Runs....Romps.....and whatever else. (Read 565 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

tetsujin, are you doing Portland also?

Dear Butterfuly RD - I wish "also" meant you were PMping again this year too.

Still hopin' to too but it won't be the kind of running the other seven Intrepids'll be doing.

Gold LeafOrange LeafBrown Leaf

Have a wonderful Autumn Leaf, . . . and post any pictures you can.

gokuro-sama.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Tramps

So my question is: does anyone wear a bigger running shoe than their street shoe? If so, how much bigger, and could this be what's causing my problem?

I like big shoes.  But maybe that's just me.

Be safe. Be kind.

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Nice hilly run on a perfect soft trail in the local neighborhood woods with my friend and her dog. I huffed and puffed trying to keep up with their pace and didn't give in to the temptation to walk the steeper bits. A little over an hour overall, probably 7.5 miles. Once I got the legs moving nothing really hurt so I've decided to go for a 5K on Sun!!

DD now runs with her HS XC team, big meet in Tacoma tomorrow, I wish I could go watch , always so much fun seeing those kids race, many amazing talents out there!!

A nice evening to all!!

Renee the dog

Got two continuous miles in on my bum leg tonight -- out with Renee. Was a speedy little second mile -- I marked it in my log as "progression."    One of the things I may have to ditch until this leg is better is my recovery-paced miles.  I may be doing a lot more slideboarding in replacement of that.   There will be a way to work this out and for me to get to the starting line on Oct. 11.  I'm confident of that!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

evanflein

Holly, that's a good way to look at it; nice positive attitude! And I can totally sympathize on the tooth thing. I sure wasn't planning on a root canal this summer, either, but it was in a tooth that already had a crown so they just went in through the crown and topped it off with a resin filling. And our escrow came back with an overage this year! That was nice, got a check for the difference and a lower payment. My yin to your yang, I guess.

JLynne, I wear size 11's now in my running shoes. Regular shoes have always been a 10, but I think my feet have definitely "spread" a bit this year. I ran in 10.5 shoes for ages and had no problem until the last year or so. First my general foot problem, but then I started getting the black toenail thing. At the NYC marathon I damaged both big toenails that are just now starting to look normal again. So... I've gone up another half size and my feet are much happier. On a down note, I have a ton of old (dress) shoes that I don't think I'll ever be able to wear again. Just kills me to think how much I've spent on nice shoes (talking quality, not quantity here) that now I'll need to just give away.

Walt, I thought I was bad. Thanks, I feel much better now! GL on getting entered into something soon.

It's so nice out today, beautifully clear and sunny! The forecast for this weekend is for mostly cloudy both days. Seemed such a waste to not run on a day like this... but I need to be a grown up about this stuff, right? So... off to the gym for a quick 15 minutes on the elliptical followed by 22 minutes of core/ab stuff and some of my old PT exercises. Working on the "get to the starting line healthy" thing. Would like to get some pool running done tonight but I don't think that's going to happen.

Can't wait to hear how all the racers do this weekend!!

SteveP

Sounds like a great weekend Andrew.

Steve - glad you're OK. I'll bet you were really stiff and sore. How bad is your truck?

I'm shopping

Prayers are going out to Baby Leo's family.

Get well soon WildChild

The Beers meeting up with Karin sounds kewl. May I recommend "Chuck E Cheese".  Ambiance

DG, I think it was cold and you were tough.

Thanks for the well wishes. The truck was never intended to be the last vehicle...If I had one of the Batmobiles..then I'd be ticked off. DW and the kids (even my fuzzy son) are healthy. We've got a home and honest work. Life is good. I did pay for yesterday's overdoing it. Tonight's a rest night.

There was a bag hanging on the door knob when DW and I got home. Inside was a rubber Batman mask and gloves. I think it was copied from "Batman and Robin" with Val Kilmer. Way kewl. DD#2 came over and had dinner ready by the time we got home. DD#3 invited her boy friend over. When he went into the kitchen, I was wearing black running tights, a Batman tank top and the mask while doing dishes. See...Normal.

SteveP

spacityrunner

Tramps!  Liz!  and anyone else in the DC area!  Next weekend starts the Solar Decathlon competition on the Mall.

Lilmissrosie's Virginia Tech team is there.  It is going to be SO cool!  We are going up next weekend to see all of the houses.  Who's in?

http://www.facebook.com/lumenhaus

Rosie, I will be around on Friday, the 9th...but then i am heading to NC on Saturday...when are you gonna be here???

4 miles to and from the plant sitting gig..

good runs and good night all

Trails Rock!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Thanks Erika, but I feel like a Wuss. Yes it was in the 50's and rainy / windy and cool out. I was shirtless and was working very hard......real hard. But I was sweating soooooo very much, which made the rest of me cold.....yes, especially my hands. I don't like this at all, but I saw other runners all bundled up head to toe like it was 20 degrees or something.....seemed crazy to me.--------You worrying about me......OK fair. But I am doing well and painfree, and look forward to a "breaktrough" Marathon......BQ for sure I know....(hehe) I am so silly. But I really am at where I was last year....but pain free and ready to rock------TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

DD#3 invited her boy friend over. When he went into the kitchen, I was wearing black running tights, a Batman tank top and the mask while doing dishes.

This thread ain't worth nothin' without pictures. 

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Walt - I sent you a message....

Jlynne - my running shoes are a full size larger than my regular shoes.  I still lose my two middle toenails during marathon training (even though there feels like plenty of room at the end of the shoe), but when my weekly mileage is in the 40's I don't have that problem.  If your toe is infected, go to the doctor.  When I got an infected toenail, I felt silly, but finally went because the stoopid thing hurt so much, and the doc really have me a tongue-lashing for letting it go.  Any infection is something that should be checked.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."