Masters Running

Saturday's Daily, 1.6.18 (Read 44 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Evanflein, your radio story reminded me of my trip to Alaska.  . . . .  We also decided at least one of the announcers was enjoying some adult beverages.  Quite the show for the drive back.

If it wasn't Steve Agbaba over KFAR, then I've never been to Fairbanks. In 1964, I bought a then-highest-end-of-the-line Zenith Transoceanic radio specifically ot listen to his nightly broadcasts of the Fairbanks Goldpanners minor league baseball team (think Tom Seaver, Dave Winfield, Barry Bonds and Jason Giambi) during eleven months of long days and nights at a fisheries research camp a little over 100 miles to the north on the Yukon River.  In the fifties, he had broadcast our little league games a little southeast of erikaland.

ps - happy birthday ilene in forward land.

pss - if my spell-check preempts any later postings, just modify with a period or something and go back ot the head of the line.l sorry.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

5.2 easy miles, good weather again but it rained last night, I think a lot of people are still sheltering in place.

One of the main reasons we still have a landline is in the event of an emergency.  If you call 911 from a landline, they can track it and find the address from which you're calling.  Can't do that with a cell phone.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

A little jog in the woods today. Wild Azalea Trail 27 mile Ultra. Low 30s at start but mid 50s by the end. Finished 12th overall in 5:35:15. GPS had 27.72 miles and 2452 ft of elevation.

Well done!

Tet - yes, you should get spot on your cheek that checked out.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

MikeE, answer to your haircut question.....since it's a drill weekend, yes; you need a haircut.  No hair touching the ears please.  

Falcon--I have been out of the Air Force since 1980 and I still have dreams about being in formation, about to be inspected, and knowing that my hair is touching my ears.