Masters Running

If It's Wednesday, it must be Mike's #3, 5.18.16 (Read 32 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

It happened again: I wrote a long post (having to stop and take a couple of phone calls in mid-write) and then lost it when I tried to post it. I don't have time to do it again. Bummer.

I woke up late this morning, but had committed myself to a 6.8 mi. RW workout today, so that is what I did. When I got back, I had to hurry through my stretching, crunches (adding an extra one today), and shower 'cause DW was taking me to breakfast at our favorite dive. Nice way to start the day.

Have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Good morning Jay and all to follow. Hope you're having a great breakfast with DW and sorry about the lost post.

Triple M should be reporting in soon with #3  That's Marathon Maniac Mike

4 miles this morning. 36° no wind, but I did need gloves and a light jacket. Wait. Isn't it May 18??? The weather man keeps promising warmer temps by the weekend...

TammyinGP

Yesterday was a very long day for me. Noon hour CLE for our attorneys and DA's, then a meeting with the Animal Shelter at 4:00 to plan our float for the upcoming parade on Memorial weekend, then another parent meeting at the school that went for almost 2 hrs. They had a speaker conduct an assembly on drugs (police officer from Idaho that now travels the US teaching/training students/parents/school/administrators on the new faces of the drug culture. I learned quite a bit - new street slang, new logos, new forms that drugs are being disguised in. And I thought I already knew quite a bit with my line of work, but found out a lot I didn't know. The officer that teaches this program is Jermaine Galloway and his facebook is Tall Cop Says Stop if anyone cares to follow him or check him out. He posts articles and bits that are informative for parents to know about the everchanging face of the drug culture.

Will get in a run after work tonight since it's going to be upper 80's. Then we cool down again to low 70's, so gotta embrace the heat training when I can 

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

3 down--1 (or 2) to go.  I was stiff, sore, and feeling out of it, this morning but I took off at my pace and figured I'd just go until the wheels fell off...they stayed on!  I went 3:22:05 and took 1st overall.  But I'm a hurtin' unit, right now.

Okay--gotta get to Connecticut--see ya!

Wow Mike!!!  That's amazing!!  Go go go!

Jlynne, I sure would be frustrated with the kind of weather you've been having.

You know, I like "chicking" guys.  I ran 3.1 this am, didn't have time for more.  But down at the track, no way was I going to let that guy pass me on the last lap.  Then riding my bike to the bus stop, there was a guy on a mountain bike just behind me.  I could tell he sped up when I joined the road.  A woman wouldn't have done that.  So I sped up and he didn't catch me before I had to make my turn. 

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

3 down--1 (or 2) to go.  I was stiff, sore, and feeling out of it, this morning but I took off at my pace and figured I'd just go until the wheels fell off...they stayed on!  I went 3:22:05 and took 1st overall.  But I'm a hurtin' unit, right now.

WOW!!  You are AMAZING!!!

Started out the day with a mammogram, so I am running late with the workload, so off I go.

7 miles for me this morning in 51 degrees and drizzle.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Forgot to mention, the Honda Hill I ran yesterday is actually only half as steep as I need it to be.  It was 250ft incline over a mile, not 500ft.  I ran it in a 12 something pace, which I thought was good, but 500ft over a mile?  I think I will be power hiking most of that incline.  Training ideas welcome!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya,

MIke is .....wow, hard to select just one word!  He's improving!!  (Meaning, getting faster--)  Also, at least he's in one piece, as a "hurting unit" does imply all in one piece, still.

Monitoring Game Day, so just saying hey to everyone.

It's Gardenia season.  I confess to you my fellow runners I sometimes cannot keep myself from purloining a blossom now and again from the (prolific, in my defense) trees, and enjoying the scent all day long.   I truly do deeply appreciate it, here in my little cube......

Rain again this am.  SO I walked again.  It was lovely.

Enjoy the rest o' the day!!

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Got a good snort over TomW's comment about his rearview mirror on his helmet. 

MikeE - You are incredible, my friend~~

Starr - Yeah, nice looking legs are fun to follow.

7 miles this a.m. with 2 miles at a bit of a tempo pace.  . . . and now my right foot is bothering me again.  I'm thinking that running 2 days in a row on pavement is a no-non for awhile, so any more B2B week day runs will have to be split between predawn and after work at the  McKay.  I'm being smart about things (crazy, I know), am icing and ibu-ing, and made an appointment for Monday with the regular doc to get a referral for PT so I can be proactive and get the foot to its happy place again.  Hopefully, I can talk her into getting a referral whenever I need to go to PT without having to always go see her first.  We'll see.

Tomorrow I leave with a couple of other paralegals and head to Santa Rosa for conference.  First one in over 5 years.  I don't plan on attending any of the education stuff because nothing on the schedule appeals to me and I don't need the credit - I have enough hours - and my office is not paying for any part of the conference.  So this is a trip to just have fun, and I plan to run in the Annadel State Park for the first time.  Should be fun!

Later, All ~

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Amazing Mike, indeed. I thought he was done with sub-3:30, but I guess not. And coming in first place, no less! I wonder how many other crazies are doing this challenge with marathons all through the week?

Almost as amazing is... Amy not running for the second day in a row? And yes, those flowers would just fall to the ground and rot, right? Enjoy.

So, why is Leslie going to a conference to not go to the conference? There is a nice path along the river there, just watch for the homeless folks under the bridge yelling nasty crap at passersby...

Felt weird to not run yesterday. I don't necessarily feel any more "rested" and I'm up a pound. WTH? More reason to not like rest days. I'll head out here in a bit for a few miles just to get moving. It's a little warmer today (might hit 60) and not anywhere near as windy so there is that.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

It happened again: I wrote a long post (having to stop and take a couple of phone calls in mid-write) and then lost it when I tried to post it. I don't have time to do it again. Bummer.

I woke up late this morning, but had committed myself to a 6.8 mi. RW workout today, so that is what I did. When I got back, I had to hurry through my stretching, crunches (adding an extra one today), and shower 'cause DW was taking me to breakfast at our favorite dive. Nice way to start the day.

Jay - sorry to say but, in addition to stop being so stubborn and start protecting your enjoyable morning posts

on word processing and copy/pasting them our beloved RA daily, you need to get your morning priorities in proper order

. . . 1.  posting

. . . 2   running (if any)

. . . 3.  exercise

. . . 4.  breakfast

. . . 5.  family

. . . 6.  work (if time)

Mike, Mike, he’s our man, if anyone can do it, Mike can
                        Five pretty sustained morning running miles with even a couple of long fartleks so I couldn’t figure it out when I got onto a business district sidewalk near the end and a passing driver slowed down to ask if I was leaving.  Huh?  Turns out he though I was walking to my car that I don’t have to open up a parking space for him.
                        ps - nice photos steve and rescuing gardenias aamos.
                        I’m able to save a couple of the fragrant wild Sitka roses along the way
                        now too that remind me the summers up north of erika-land

.. .  

ps - it's also the royal flower of Harvard graduate

and recluse Japan Crown Princess Masako Owada

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Hey those look just like our wild roses! They grow all over the place here. I pulled out a bunch of the bushes a couple years ago (covered in spikey stickers, we call them sticker bushes!) but they're coming back.

Turned out to be a nice sunny afternoon! Ran 5.6 miles down to DH's office and got the truck. He's got his motorcycle and it's a nice evening, so he can ride that home. Smile

Mariposai

Go MikeE goooooooooooooooooooo.

Way to push our limits and challenge us.

Only 3 miles today...but I may run a bit longer tomorrow MikeE inspired.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard