Masters Running

Thursday, April 22 Runs and Recoveries (Read 726 times)

dg - sorry to hear you are still in pain.  Running magazines are usually a good second choice to actually running.

TimBo - too funny.  Next time remove the buds, forget about the tape, you could have had a date there....I mean she was approaching a shirtless guy for a reason and maybe directions were her excuse.  Guess she got more than she expected.  If you have the money, invest in a nano, goes around your arm, easy to turn off.

Nice run Wildchild, without stopping, maybe you are finally on the mend.

I had a most excellent 5 mile run.  I picked the hilliest 5 mile route I know and decided to run it as strongly as I could, it felt like a tempo effort.  I ended up stopping at 4 miles because the last mile was mostly downhill and I didn't want an easy ride.  I was very shocked at my time, about a min per mile faster than I expected.  This is all relative remember.  I am still about 90 seconds per mile slower than I was a year ago.  I am blaming the thyroid pooping out on me.  I have been on a very low dose of thyroid hormone for the past 5 weeks and have noticed no positive changes.  Still 20 pounds heavier than I should be and other things like fatigue, hair loss, chills.  I'd really like to sort this out so that I can run the way I used to.  It absolutely drives me nuts.  Did I just out-whine Tramps?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

SteveP

(((((DG)))))

SteveP

dg. not to worry, if it started to feel better before your last push it will again start to feel better soon.  Now you just have to convince your mind to keep you from running when it feels pretty good but not . . . quite . . . there . . .

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

wildchild

Carolyn

Check out this weather forecast:

Winter Storm Warning in effect from 6 PM this evening to noon MDT Saturday...

nt_snow

Tonight

Thunderstorms and snow showers likely early in the evening...then snow overnight. Snow accumulation of 4 to 6 inches. Lows 19 to 29.

snow

Friday

Snow. Snow accumulation of 5 to 10 inches. Highs 26 to 36. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph.

» ZIP Code Detail

nt_snow

Friday Night

Snow heavy at times. Snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches. Lows 21 to 29. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph. Gusts up to 45 mph after midnight causing areas of blowing snow.

snow

Saturday

Snow heavy at times in the morning...then snow showers likely in the afternoon. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible. Highs 28 to 38. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph. Gusts up to 45 mph causing areas of blowing snow.

Yuck!  I want it to be spring!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

It IS spring.  Your part of the country just hasn't figured that out yet.

Yuck.  That truly sucks.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

carolyn...come to my house...it is spring here...but hey...you could still ski while I have to wait to skin again next year.

dg...forget the past...forget the bright future...just look at where we are at today...we could walk, we can garden, read a book, work in the garden...Smile Love ya sis...butterfly hugs!

Erika, you are one funny gal. I am so glad you had a great run and fun ride

4 RAW miles for me. I ran with a young kid (well...30+) who just moved my community. I caught up to him on his run, chat with him  , hey...that is was we as hillbellies...we always welcome a new comer to our mountain...anyway...new kid on the block and training for his first tri...it was fun.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Oh Carolyn, so sorry for your crappy forecast. But I have to say, glad it's you and not me (and it easily could be!). Sorry...

Nancy, chatting up the young studs.  Sounds like fun, a future running partner?

I made it out for 4.2 miles after work, 8:45 avg pace, and met by a weather system at mile 3. Strong winds blowing in with dark clouds and rain fringe coming down from the clouds. No rain actually fell on me, but we drove home on some wet pavement. I think my legs got exfoliated from all the sand and grit blowing up off the bike path! 

No run for me tomorrow. I'm exhausted and need a day off.

Mariposai

Nancy, chatting up the young studs.  Sounds like fun, a future running partner?

I

erika...what a troublemaker you are

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Tramps

Did I just out-whine Tramps?

Et tu, Enke? 

Be safe. Be kind.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Check out this weather forecast:

Winter Storm Warning in effect from 6 PM this evening to noon MDT Saturday...

nt_snow

Tonight

Thunderstorms and snow showers likely early in the evening...then snow overnight. Snow accumulation of 4 to 6 inches. Lows 19 to 29.

snow

Friday

Snow. Snow accumulation of 5 to 10 inches. Highs 26 to 36. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph.

» ZIP Code Detail

nt_snow

Friday Night

Snow heavy at times. Snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches. Lows 21 to 29. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph. Gusts up to 45 mph after midnight causing areas of blowing snow.

snow

Saturday

Snow heavy at times in the morning...then snow showers likely in the afternoon. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible. Highs 28 to 38. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph. Gusts up to 45 mph causing areas of blowing snow.

Yuck!  I want it to be spring!

Planning on any running over the weekend?   Can they still call it a winter strom warning when it's already spring?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.