Masters Running

Saturday's Daily, 12.23.17 (Read 35 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Mike - I think you may be the busiest person here, aside from Jay....

So, I vowed not to go near the mall today or tomorrow, as it is crazy busy with last minute shoppers, but DD announced after church that she still needed to get a gift for her BFF.  Really?  You tell me now?  (sigh)  I vetoed the mall, but agreed to Target, which then led to Michaels, but we survived the crowds and made it home.  Laundry and dinner and dishes and finishing the bathroom cleanup overruled TV tonight, but I should still have a bit of reading time before bed.  Hoping to head out early for a LR tomorrow before more cooking. Sometimes I think it would be nice to be the husband who gets to sit on the sofa watching hours and hours if TV instead of being the wife/cook/cleaner/driver of children to all errands. But I do enjoy cooking, so I will not whine.  BUT, I really need a day of Holly Does Not Do Anything But Putter Around the House.  Just for mental stability.  However, the day I scheduled for that - 1/2/18 - which I took off as a vacation day knowing that everyone else would be at work or school, turns out I need to spend 2 hours taking DD to get her temp driving permit.  Is it wrong to want ONE DAY just for me?  (sigh)

Rant off...

Ah, time to fold more laundry.  For a household of 4, we seem to go through a ridiculous amount...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Shopping? Oh, yeah, I'd better do that.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Mike E

MM #5615

Relax, Surly—you’ve got all day, tomorrow.

TammyinGP

I spent the day being about as isolated from civilization as I could be. Up in the mountains with two running partners, covering 16.2 miles in 4:33. Part hike, part run. 4900 of elevation climb and so steep in parts that it was a very, very slow walk. My quads were burning and I'm sure if they could speak they'd be calling me a few choice words for my idea of fun today.  Some pretty amazing views today too.  We were around 4000-5000 ft and I thought we'd see snow, but just a few dustings here and there.

Image may contain: sky, cloud, mountain, tree, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: mountain, sky, cloud, nature and outdoor

Image may contain: cloud, mountain, sky, nature and outdoor

Tammy

A slow, slippery 1.2 mile for me before work this morning!!

Dh and I both went to our local donut shop to bring goodies in for co-workers today. This donut shop is notorious for its speciality homemade donuts and their generosity to local high school grad parties, fundraisers and all kinds of things!!

I have to say I am very much looking forward to the end of this month and the beginning of a New Year!!

denise

Relax, Surly—you’ve got all day, tomorrow.

That's good! I'll sleep in, then.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Because Ryan is coming home for Christmas and staying for a week, I took off Tuesday and Wednesday, next week.  But I have a big project that has to be done,

rats, I thought you were going to get DS

to handle a home project while you

went out for a two hour run or more run.

ps - I was wondering the same about the quitting teacher.

----------------------------------

Mike - I think you may be the busiest person here, aside from Jay...

right on holly, . . . . . . . . . . . .as long as you don't count the goddesses.

DD announced after church that she still needed to get a gift for her BFF. 

I vetoed the mall, but agreed to Target,

which then led to Michaels,

Laundry and

dinner and

dishes and

finishing the bathroom cleanup overruled TV tonight

bit of reading time before bed. 

head out early for a LR tomorrow

before more cooking.

instead of being

. . . . the wife/

. . . . cook/

. . . . cleaner/. . . .

. . . . driver of children to all errands.

But I do enjoy cooking, so I will not whine. 

Holly Does Not Do Anything But Putter Around the House

I need to spend 2 hours taking DD to get her temp driving permit. 

Ah, time to fold more laundry.

ps tammy - watch out, next thing you know you'll become a trail diva too.

Oh, with those pics, it's probably already way too late.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Tammy - beautiful pics!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Love the serenity of those pictures, Tammy.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth