Masters Running

Great Sunday Running (Read 384 times)

Mariposai-way to handle a difficult run, I think you deserve a chocolate milk!

An easy  6.2 to cap off my first 30 mile week in quite some time. I also got in 60 miles of mountain biking between friday and saturday.

dg. the cone flowers this year look good.  I am not sure why they survived the local furry onslaught but they did!  Alas, with all the rain half the plants in my planters have died.    It appears plants need sun as well as water!  Who knew?

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Man, all these long runs....I need to get my act together and start putting in some miles.

6 miles today, 3.5 of which were the run leg of a run-swim-bike-kayak quadrathlon which I entered for kicks. I did the run in 21:13, sank like a rock during the swim, didn't fall off the bike nor capsize the kayak. 9th OA, 1st AG. Huh?

It was the first year of this event and I entered it just to show support for it...but I think I'll stick to running.

evanflein

Tough run, Mariposai! That is hot, and so early! Geez... good job on getting that one done.

Lots of nice long runs today. I'll add mine to the mix, but it was almost harder mentally than physically. Still too smoky to run outside safely, so I was stuck with running my 20 miler on the treadmill. First 15 miles at 8:50 pace, last 5.2 at 8:34. That's as much of a "fast finish" long run as I could handle on it. Solarmix 6 and 8 (my faves) got me through most of it, and the last couple of miles I had Solarmix 2 on. Had to play mind games for this run. I did have a route planned out so every mile or so I thought of where I'd be if I were running outside. *sigh*

This does give me 60.3 for the week, a new weekly distance PR for me!

We got home a little bit ago from our family reunion that we left for after my run on Thurs.  I did a quick scan of the dailies and hope I got most of what's been going on.

eliz ,it's great you got a run in.  evan, that's an impressive picture of the smoke columns.  teresa, congrats to your son on his elite number. SLO, nice tri and AG award.  CNY, good job in your race, with AG award.  ribs, congrats on your one year anniversary.  You've come a long way. 

Nice long runs for breger, SLO,nono, CNY, PDR, perch, Sarge, ribs, dg, and mariposai.  Good  job on the speedwork for holly, dg, nono, and running smarter.

Over the long weekend, the visiting and eating got in the way of running but I did get in a 3 mile run around our campground on Fri and a 5 mile run this morning with my brother (selb3).  Our run included a stretch along the beautiful beach in Ludington, MI and a loop through the cemetery to say hello to our dad and a few other relatives.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

wildchild

Carolyn

Wow, Erika, 20 on the dreadmill!  You're tough. 

Craneium, congrats on the 30 mile week!

Lots of chocolate milk today, and lots of nice long runs.

We got home late last night from our backpacking trip, and I've spent the day unpacking, cleaning and doing laundry.  Heading out for a run with the dogs shortly, when it cools off a little.  We had a great trip - 7 days backpacking in the Wind River mountains in Wyoming.  We probably covered 45-50 miles, most of it over 10,000 ft.  The dogs came along and carried their dog food in their own packs. Lots of mosquitoes, and still quite a bit of snow in the high passes.  I'll post some pictures soon. 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I'll have to go through the last two dailies later -

Had a good, but tiring, 14-mile trail run yesterday.  Then The Hub and I drove up here to Brookings, OR, to hang out for a couple days to celebrate our 22nd anniversary.  Sometimes it's hard to believe it's been that long.  Had a little too much fun last night with margaritas, but I pushed myself through 7 hangover miles this a.m.  Was suppose to be 10, but I figured I'd gone from one end of town to the other, I was hungover and hungry, so enough was enough.  At breakfast, ordered the short stack of pancakes.  They were so frigging big, I could only eat one.

Went for a drive up the Chetco River, and on the way back were flagged down by a couple of guys who found a fire smoldering on the side of the road.  Some jerk - or jerks - had built a fire, probably during the night.  There was a dead log buried under where the fire was, and it was ready to take off, big time.  It's so dry around here, it was a disaster waiting to happen.  We hung out to watch for embers while the other two took off a phone (no cells signal there) and a couple of shovels.  Disaster averted.  The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me.

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I joined Mr. Kokubu with my the 100-Marathon Joyful Running Club Happy Coat and cap for the Frank Maier Marathon in Juneau on Saturday.  With everyone else in your family sounding like they were outta town fishing, you should'a come down too erika.  

Kokubu wears his in all his overseas marathons (note much faded pink to my new color) so if anyone sees any Japanese running in pink from now on, ask 'em if they know some guy who runs barefoot for some good laughs. 

We had a good time in this one too.  I even had really good time as I was determined to keep him company and kept up all the way for a big breakthrough at 5:17:XX, more than forty minutes better than any of the 11 other ones so far this year. Must have been that fresh, clean Alaska air.  

\

this is about mile 15 on the way back to town

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

Wonderful photo, Tet!

Leslie - glad you all could avert that disaster in waiting. I, too, am amazed at the stupidity of some people when we are dealing with such hot conditiions here.  Was it warm at the Chetco River? We like going there. When it's colder and windy at Harris Beach, you can just take that short drive up to the river and it's a whole different climate there.

Temps were lower today, I bet it was only mid 80's, but humidity was high. High for the west coast. Air felt thick and sticky. I still went out and did lots of yard and garden work though, even though I told myself that after all the housework I did yesterday I was just going to have a lazy Sunday. But I went out to do "one small thing" and then when I'm done with that, I see something else and figure  "oh, that won't take long" and then I see something else . . . and on and on . . .so wasn't quite the plan, but felt good to get so much outdoor stuff done.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanx tam, . . . I'm working on some other ones. oh, did you kn...

in the meantime, here's a u-tube of the sow and cubs we were watching too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo0V12vMTnk

happy runs, . . . and gardening everyone.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Must have been that fresh, clean Alaska air. 

You obviously weren't running around here. Would've been fun to come join you, but had a ton of things to do around here. Nice running for you, though!  

SteveP

Sorry to hear about the stomache issues Lou

Kewl pictures DG

Mariposai, there are some days when it would be easy to nod off in church. After a run like yours, I'm sure I'd wake others up while snoring.

Kewl Erica!!!

After church, DW and I hauled the camper and set it up for DD#3 while she was at work. The dog and I put in 4.3 miles. He did a very good job of protecting me from grasshoppers and butterflies.

SteveP