Masters Running

The Daily Sunday Daily, 4.9.17 (Read 41 times)

TammyinGP

Ran an easy 4.5 this afternoon. probably the last dry day we'll have all week. 

Leslie - wish I had words of advice, wisdom, or just something to share. ((hugs))

Happy Birthday Henry!!

Tammy

spacityrunner

3.1 Windy, sunny, slow miles.  Lordy it was hot out there.  But I don't feel as toasted as I did yesterday so thats good.

Happy day Henrun!!!  

Trails Rock!

Marathon Maniac #957

Leslie--you're cool...that's all there is to it.

Yup!

Okay, I had higher expectations for today's marathon, given how good I felt in Phoenix, but my legs just felt sort of dead after about 9 miles.  It was windy - this race is always windy - and the last 10 miles into a headwind, but given the bright sun and warm temps (75 when I finished) the wind felt nice.  And I am beginning to just assume there will be at least 4 potty stops during a marathon, so, oh well.  5:00:41 - not terrible, not great.  BUT, a well organized race, great volunteers, a nice finisher shirt, also a finisher jacket because this is the 50th anniversary of this race.  And I saw horses, cows, llamas, buffalo, and a camel during the race. A good day.

After the race I went home to shower, picked up DD and went to look at the last remaining pup of a Westie litter.  Of course, we couldn't resist this darling creature.  Name ideas?

Image may contain: grass, sky, outdoor and nature

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

...Renaldo Schmidtmazen??........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

evanflein

Holly, he (she?) is a cutie! No name suggestions, but I'm sure you'll come up with a good one. Good job on your race. I hate wind.

Well, there comes a time when it seems pretty obvious things are not improving and are instead deteriorating. So it was with Abby today. She started losing balance and control of her hind legs, and was getting pretty wobbly. She fell in the litter box and just lay there, unable to go. Poor ol kitty. Our vet is open on Sundays and they fit us in this afternoon. I held her in my lap the whole way there, didn't want to use the carrier cuz she hates it. Held her outside so she could sniff the fresh air and feel the warm sunshine. I'd like to think she had a few good moments today.

I'm going out for a run soon. I probably won't make my distance goal but I don't really care today.

Oh, Erika.  I'm so sorry.  {{Lots of Hugs}}  Even though you know it was time to let her go, it sure hurts a whole heck of a lot.

Holly - Cutie!  How about Madge?   And congrats to you and Posie Lady on your marathons today!

No, I can't do any pool running right now and I don't know how to swim ().  I can keep myself from drowning, but swimming like regular swimming - I never learned.  Any back and forth movement like walking or squatting, bending - it all amounts to irritation and inflammation.  I have an appointment Wed with my NP.  I sent her a fax last week so she has an idea of what I need to talk to her about.  Looking for a second opinion as to how to best handle things.

Thanks for listening to me last night.  Shorty is doing so well, I sometimes forget about the struggle on his end.

Made a meatloaf that I think turned out pretty darn good.  I'll be taking a slice to a friend tomorrow.  She loves meatloaf sandwiches and giving her a hunk whenever I make one is how I keep her as a friend. 

Okay - Off to work on the book ~~

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Holly S. name? Easy! Doggie McDogface! As they say it is what you get when you let the internet name something.  Also, congratulations on finishing another marathon.

fatozzig good luck with your exam. I hope you get something useful that gets you healed up.

BerthaSlayer that is one tough coach you have there! I am glad his oversight helps.

Mariposai congratulations on finishing another marathon. Double congratulations on it not raining during the race!

I did an hour on the elliptical this morning. Then I went with my DW to our friend's place to look at possible places to stay while in Ireland. There are fewer places near Cork than we expected. In the end we are going with a hotel in Cork for the night before and after the race. Before then we want to get something in a region that has more tourist stuff to do than Cork. From the way things are shaping up I have to pack in a way that makes it easy to pack and unpack. I think we will be staying in 4 separate places over 12 days. Ugh!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Dave59

...Renaldo Schmidtmazen??........

+1

Marathon Maniac #957

{{{Erika}}}

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Sorry for your bad day, Erika.  She made the decision straightforward, but certainly not easy..

Nice marathons and other races this weekend.  I sort of missed yesterday.

Happy puppy, Holly.  She's a cutie.  Hope Dexter adjusts easily.  Boy, talk about the circle of life, today.

Yesterday was supposed to be 4 pace miles.  it was 4 miles.  Sure hope it's not my pace next month.  Today was 9 and I made 9.2 with 3 laps around the lake.  it was also not as fast as I hoped.  I guess I can only hope that I'm still recovering from the work crud of last week.  But after the way the first lap felt, finishing the next two did feel like an accomplishment.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

evanflein

Made it 12.6 miles today so a little over 43 for the week. This was about the same route as last week, just turned around later on an out-and-back portion. Last week this run felt very difficult and this week it felt quite a bit better. I still stopped a few times, but not as much. Sometimes a wave of sadness would wash over me and I just had to stop. But, I feel better now, and know that she's better now. As DH said, she's free of the pain and discomfort she was suffering. So, on we go with memories of our 4 short years with her. She sure burrowed into our lives in a short period of time.

((Erika)) so very sorry!!

denise

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Happy birthday, Henry.

Nice, right before Boston.

Yup!

Okay, I had higher expectations for today's marathon, given how good I felt in Phoenix, but my legs just felt sort of dead after about 9 miles.  It was windy - this race is always windy - and the last 10 miles into a headwind, but given the bright sun and warm temps (75 when I finished) the wind felt nice.  And I am beginning to just assume there will be at least 4 potty stops during a marathon, so, oh well.  5:00:41 -

not terrible, not great.  BUT, . . .

.  Name ideas?

BUT. . . Fantastic, especially faster than Portland in even tougher running weather, it seems.

name- xenie, xena, mary, . .

Don't keep posie a secret from us non-facebookers.

MikeE - thanks for holding down the domestic front while the goddesses were running long.

Erika - you're a good kitty Mommy, and real one too.

is steve down with his dad or something?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

Made it 12.6 miles today so a little over 43 for the week. This was about the same route as last week, just turned around later on an out-and-back portion. Last week this run felt very difficult and this week it felt quite a bit better. I still stopped a few times, but not as much. Sometimes a wave of sadness would wash over me and I just had to stop. But, I feel better now, and know that she's better now. As DH said, she's free of the pain and discomfort she was suffering. So, on we go with memories of our 4 short years with her. She sure burrowed into our lives in a short period of time.

This is so beautifully...she sure burrowed inot our lives in a short period of time. Butterfly hugs to you sistahh.

I am back from my girls weekend. We drove for 7 hours on Saturday, ran a marathon today, then got in the car and drove for 7 hours. It was a fun-tastic weekend...

Ohhh and stay tuned...I met the lovley HappyFeat aka Amy Smile

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard