Masters Running

40/40 thread for the week ending 12/23/07 (Read 531 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Hey, what the heck? May as well try this here for a week or two until I figure out what I want to be when I grow up, a kickrunner or a runnerahead. For any of you who weren't posters over at Cool Running, the 40/40 is a group of runners 40 years old and older who run or strive to run over 40 miles per week. This 40/40 thread has been so motivating to me to keep my miles up (at least to 40) that I will attempt to start it and tabulate the miles for the group (if anyone is interested) for a few weeks while we see how this site works out. So, here's this week's plan for me: DONE Mon: 8.85 miles Tues: 6 miles Wed: 7 miles Thurs: 7.05 miles Fri: weights and abs Sat: 14.3 miles Sun: 3 miles, plus weights and abs Total Miles: 46.2 miles - DONE

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dave59

In all my years of running, I probably never have run 40 miles in a week. And I never clicked on the 40/40 thread over in CR. I do remember hitting 39 miles one time. Maybe if I get faster I'll try to make this thread once next year. At my current pace, that is just too much time running. Tongue

Holly, I will try to run 40 miles next week, purely to offer moral support to you and this 40/40 thread. Really! No promises. Dark Horse
        I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
        evanflein

Hey Holly! I'll join your party! I never posted to it over at CR... I usually do 40 mpw easily enough, but with all the marathons I've been doing I spend most of my time in taper or recovery mode! But... the 40's will return so I may as well start, right? I'm also starting a new leaf of joining the rest of the running world with a Monday thru Sunday week... I've always done Sunday through Saturday, just like a regular calendar. Seemed easier for me somehow. But, we'll see how this goes. Monday: zip (hey, off to a good start, no?) rest day after Christmas Marathon Tuesday: 3.35 miles EZ on TM Wednesday: zip (still recovery...and -35 temps sent me home) Thursday: 5.5 on the TM (temps still cold) Friday: 4.5 on the TM Saturday: 8 miles of Hills (capital H) Sunday: 12 outside... brrr! Total for the week: 33.35 Holly, you've wracked up quite the mileage for first week of marathon training... where do you expect to end up?
            Check this Holly. Have you toyed with the advanced graphing. I did this with your log by changing X axis to week from date. Start date, 1/1/07 to present. http://runningahead.com/graph.aspx?Grdt=1/1/07&Eety=10&t=0&x=1&y=0&w=700&h=480 I'm going to try and stay with you! Great log! But for now, I'm recovering and will be starting some strength training. My aim for '08 is to log 2000 miles.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Tramps

Holly, I'm in for next week.

Be safe. Be kind.

Doin good Holly... Week beginning December 17 Week 3 of Pfitz (24 week/55 mpw) Schedule Mesocycle 3, Race Preparation Goal Race - Chevron Houston Marathon, January 13, 2008 Weeks to Goal Race - 4 E Pace - 9:26 - 11:12 (1-2 minutes slower than MP) LR pace - 8:26 - 9:12 (110%-120% of MP) MLR pace - 8:26 - 9:12 (110%-120% of MP) GA - 9:00 (Getting in the miles) MP - 7:40 (Based on current VDOT), revised 7:48 Tempo - 7:13 - 7:24 (15K - 1/2 Marathon pace), revised 7:30 VO2Max – 6:46 (5K race pace) Monday Rest – Complete Tuesday 8 VO2Max miles + 5X600@5K pace; jog 90 seconds in between – Complete, 600 meter splits in pace per mile, 6:50, 6:48, 6:58, 6:53, 6:48. Wednesday – 8 GA miles - Complete. Thursday Rest – Complete, 9 miles. Friday 4 Recovery plus speed miles with 6X100 strides – Complete, Rest. Saturday 9.3 Race miles – Complete, 4 with 5X100 strides. Sunday 17 LR – Complete, MP average 7:41, splits, 7:48, 7:43, 7:44, 7:42, 7:58, 7:44, 7:47, 7:40, 8:01, 7:33, 7:54, 7:35, 7:41, 7:31. Weekly Mileage Plan – 46 miles. Weekly Mileage Actual - 46 miles This week’s goal – This week calls for a race on Saturday. I will modify my schedule and replace the race with a MP run on Sunday. Weekly Summary – After my VO2Max workout on Tuesday, my legs felt dead, thus the slow paces until Saturday morning. Sunday’s MP run went great: the only issue is I was not able to home in on my pace, thus I was all over the place. Tim, Ardmore, OK.

Marathon Maniac #957

Check this Holly. Have you toyed with the advanced graphing. I did this with your log by changing X axis to week from date. Start date, 1/1/07 to present. http://runningahead.com/graph.aspx?Grdt=1/1/07&Eety=10&t=0&x=1&y=0&w=700&h=480 .
                  Very cool! Makes me wish I had bothered to log more details about my runs. I hardly ever marked hill runs as "hills" or tempo runs as "tempo." Now I'll be more diligent.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

pfriese

Thanks for starting the 40/40 thread over here, not sure I'll be posting over at active/CR much longer. Not sure I'm going to make 40 this week with all the holiday festivities going on. M.....................rest day - done T....................5.5 miles - done W....................rest day - done Th...................7 miles - done F...................16.9 miles - done S.................... .rest - done Su..................11.1 miles - done Total...............40.5 miles - done Paul
                      No where close to 40 right now...but look for me around March 08.... Thanks Holly!
                      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Marathon Maniac #957

Evryday - that's my birthday! Will you be visiting then? Wink

Holly....Well, I'm gonna do my darndest to give you a 40 mile week in March....just in time for your BD!
                          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                            Thanks for starting, Holly. I'll post this week because next week will be in shambles due to travel/visiting family. M - 6 before yoga class T - 6.4 W - 7 Th - 10 - botched MP intervals/Garmin dead F - rest S - 21 progressive Su - 8.2 Total 58.4 peak week before Carlsbad in the books.
                              Soundie, I just looked at your schedule for the week. You are on drugs. Dark Horse
                              I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                                Sheeesh......I agree Dark Horse.....sound lady is out of control. I have had MONTHS when I thought 58 miles was a good amount.
                                Vista