Masters Running

WEEKLY RUNNING& X-TRAINING GROUP w/e 07/22 (Read 387 times)

The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.  (Lucille Ball)

How ya'll doin'?

MTA - I initially called this the 40s 50s 60s + On the Run thread. Roll eyes

-----------------------------------------------------------------

OrangeMat - 38.14 miles running, 2x yoga-ing, 1x weight-ing & some tennis-ing

Opie -

Evanflein - 24.1 miles running, 8.1 miles ellipticalling, 2.2 miles walking and 15 minutes abs-ing & core-ing... and 2.5 hours gardening

Dutchie - 6.75 km running w/Spooky, 16 doggie walking, 2x UB, 2x LB, 2x core  (Yea!!  Dutchie's back!!)

fatozzig - 48.2 miles running

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

DAY PLANNED RUNNING COMMENTS
      Mon Rest    
      Tues 4 EZ Miles 4 Made it all the way up a nemesis hill without stopping for one of only two times.  Triumph!
      Wed 5 Miles w/Fartleks (if I want) 5 miles Terrible bathroom issues.  Took me about 20 min to complete the last mile without pooing all over myself.
      Thurs 7 Miles w/4-6 x 100m Strides 7 miles w/6 strides  
      Fri Rest   Needed this
      Sat 12-16 Trail Miles 12 miles Glad I went for 12 and not 16.  My legs are really tired.  Am thinking about taking tomorrow completely off as I'm not feeling like they're recovering very well during this taper period.  I'd rather go into Mt. Hood next weekend with less mileage under my belt than dog tired.
      Sun 6-8 Trail Miles w/4-6 x 100m Strides    I opted for a total rest day.  I'm tired and I deserve the rest.
      Total    28 miles

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Thanks, Leslie! That might be why I didn't notice it earlier....

Big race coming up on Sunday. Hope I don't explode.

Monday: 2.6 miles elliptical, 10 minutes abs & core

Tuesday: 6.1 miles with the last 4 sorta tempo, .3 mile walk c/d (dance practice mid-day)

Wednesday: 6 miles GA, .3 mile walk, dance practice mid-day and full practice in evening

Thursday: Unplanned rest day. Rained all day and I didn't want to get wet. Roll eyes

Friday: Dance practice at 2 (finished our routine!), then 9.1 miles run and .4 mile walk c/d

Saturday: 1.5 hours dance practice, man I work up a sweat doing that! The 4.4 miles run, .5 mile walk

Sunday: Gold Discovery Run race, 16.5 miles (2:22 and 1st in AG)

Totals: 42.2 miles run, 2.6 miles elliptical, 1.6 walking and lots of dance practice

Dutchie42

Good Morning everyone,

Thanks Leslie.The past 8 months I just did whatever I felt like in the morning if I didn't get stuck in my school text book. For now, running is still an add on to school, but I've noticed the last two months that seems to work for me. No pressure to go out and run. But I'm trying to be more organised lately and get 4 shorty-short runs in

Erika: what race are you talking about?

Mon: 30 min circuit workout

Tue: 30 min LB workout + 3.76 kilometer doggie run that took forever with thanks to Spike Big grin Spike found a tennis ball and tried to run with it while holding it in his mouth. When I wanted to take it from him he tried to bark at me, but was making such funny noises that I laughed out loud. If I'd been sitting in a chair, I'd fallen off.

Wed: Nice run with Spooky. Same loop as Sunday: 6.75 kilometers. Thought last nights dinner bit me in the ass, as I had a huge energy problem. Eating cereal for dinner is NOT a good idea. I needed loads of walk breaks. Funnily enough, I was only slower than Sunday in the first half of my run. I was faster in the second half. I guess by then the sugar in the fructose tablets and sports drink had kicked in.

Added a 30 min boxing workout (incl warm up and stretch) and a 10 min boxing oriented ab w/o. My breakfast tasted ever soooo good.

Thu: didn't feel well and called in sick. Skipped planned workout, but did Sleep Max instead

Fri: Feeling better. Did a 45 min UB strength w/o (incl. core) but postponed the doggie run till tomorrow. Not that energetic yet.

Sat: Nice, and surprisingly fast 3.76 kilometer doggie run this morning. Spike was at his best behaviour. That probably explains our speed today. Energy still seems lacking.That's why I had breakfast first before continueing my workout after approx. 60 min with a 40 min LB w/o that mixes plyometric exercises with traditional LB exercises.

Sun: Very nice and very slow 8.58 kilometer easy run with Spooky. I think this is my longest run this year. Felt surprisingly easy, despite yesterday's tough LB w/o.

Not a bad week at all.

Week totals:

Running: 22.85 kilometers

UB: 2x (incl. boxing w/o)

LB: 2x

Abs: 2x

Aerobic circuit training: 1x

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

pfriese

Thanks Leslie.

DAY PLANNED ACTUAL COMMENTS
            Mon 1500m swimming  1500m swimming  1x600, 1x300, 4x100, & 4x50
            Tues 4 miles running  4 miles running  very easy pace
            Wed 35 miles biking, 1500m swimming  rest day  too hot to ride, no time to swim
            Thurs 5 miles running  rest day  too hot to run
            Fri 4 miles running  1650m swimming  still too hot 
            Sat 9 miles running  rest day  moved to Sunday  to run with Opie
            Sun 30 miles biking  8.2 miles running  
            Total  25 miles running, 30 miles biking, 4600m swimming  12.2 miles running, 2 miles swimming  too hot to run very much. bike commuting too hot to ride after work.

Paul

Doing great & thanks.

Day...............Plan..............................................................................................................Actual

Monday-4 very easy/6 strides.......................................................................................4 hilly
              Tuesday-Rest but keep walking in Cincinnati...........................................................done

Wednesday-2 miles easy, 2 miles workout steady over hills, 2 mile easy...done-6 w/ the middle 2 @MP
              Thursday- easy 6 miles.................................................................................................done-6
              Friday-easy 5 miles/6 strides...........................................................................easy part done-5
              Saturday- -5 easy/6 strides.........................................................................................done-5
              Sunday-easy 9 /pick up the last 3 miles......................................done-9 run/walk + excellent softball game

Total.................................................................................................................................35 miles

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

OrangeMat

MM #6177

It's already Thursday, might as well put up what's left of my plan before the week is completely gone...

day plan actual notes
                Monday run 4, yoga 4 miles tired, bagged yoga
                Tuesday track 6.15 miles 10x 200m, 6:41 avg 
                Wednesday run 4, yoga 4.1 miles still no yoga...
                Thursday rest rest  
                Friday run 4, yoga 4.06 miles, yoga  
                Saturday 5k race 5.74 miles 5k in 24:44
                Sunday run 15 15 HILLY miles 9:46 avg pace
                totals   39.05 miles, 1x yoga  
                evanflein

Dutchie, it's this one!

Dutchie42

Erika: that reads like a lot of fun and very nice scenery. I'm no good at interpreting elevation graphs, but looking at that course graph I'm quite intimidated Shocked I'm sure you trained well for it, so you'll do great!

Dutchie

evanflein

Dutchie, that's the problem... I missed any real training from the end of June till just recently, now it's really too late. Had shin soreness that kept me off the running for awhile, and definitely off any quality training. So, we'll go with what we've got and hope to do ok...

Dutchie42

Dutchie, that's the problem... I missed any real training from the end of June till just recently, now it's really too late. Had shin soreness that kept me off the running for awhile, and definitely off any quality training. So, we'll go with what we've got and hope to do ok...

Oopsie, sorry. Were you in relatively good running shape before your shin problems? You might surprise yourself endurance wise. Just think positive. Focus on the runner in front of you and follow in his surge. Good luck tomorrow. I'll be sending you good vibes Smile

Dutchie