Masters Running

Oh oh We're Halfway There...Sunday 10 March 2024 (Read 35 times)

That’s impressive, RunnerKSA!

I ran 7 miles in a steady rain. Taper time for NYC half. Nothin’ much going on here. Tammy or anyone else who wants to travel all the way out here: the Corvallis half marathon is the first  weekend in April and I think I might run that.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Greetings, all!!

Dog walking several times.  Nothing in particular to add about that 

We went to Breakheart and they had a maple syrup event so that was neat.

this afternoon I "baked"  a pie--It was a lemon/blueberry combo pie (I think)  I got it off the can of blueberry filling.  Graham cracker crust, 1/2 blueberry filling, lemom cheese cake, and 1/2 the blueberry fillling.   we ate in for dessert and it was GOOD!

I also got a call from a friend  (from another friend) that didnt know that I had stokes.  I think about 20 minutes or so.  Very good and a year ago, I I didn't even do phone calls 

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

moebo

Hello all!

I think perhaps we are halfway through Lent, is that it, RCG?

Nice racing today, Jay. Your speed is impressive!

Mariposai, thank you for the pictures from your trip. I want to go to Japan now!

Happy belated birthday to Marj and Holly 

I got in 4.5 running miles this morning, then another 4 walking with my DD, her BF and their puppy. A good day.

Hey there Stunpy! You popped in while I was typing. That pie sounds great!

Quick post before I go up to bed to read!! I wasted so much time last night scrolling through Instagram that I refuse to go on at all tonight!!

30 minutes legs/core strength class, 30 min Live from London Peloton climb ride

Went to 11:30 mass then dh and I drove out to visit with Nicholas and his kids. His wife has been working a lot of 12 hour weekend shifts including both yesterday and today so he was glad to have some help and distraction with the kids. This Nonna's heart is very happy tonight!!

Sleep well my friends!!

denise

I found the time and weather to get in 4.5M this afternoon. I was going to do an out'n'back of about 10k, but a line of cars passed me on my way out and they were going to start a sideshow along my route, and I didn't want to breath in all that tire smoke so I did a loop instead of turning back.

My knee actually feels better after the run than it did before. Still on the mend. I've been walking about 4-5 miles a day between these runs, not all at once, but maybe 2-3 miles at a time. Not walking like Jay; that was cruisin'! Good job! Weren't you one of the people sitting on the bench waiting for something to heal not too long ago?

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Surly - be easy on Jay: he's still working

on real people's definitions of run vs. walk,

sleep, early, rest, retirement, busy, host,

volunteer, etc.

In addition, Stumpy seems to be needing some better words than just mere "good" for his epicurean desserts to say nothing of having Anne check with Sub7 with regard to a mere "chilly" for - 30.

It was also chilly here this morning - 30 and windy!

ps half econo -

when is NYC?

Seattle November.

Corvallis April.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Jay - Well done on your race.  High tide sounds brutal.

KSA -Congrats on 1 year.

Stumpy - Good deal with the phone call.

SteveP

BTY

Congratulations on 1 year Karen!   That's beyond my ability to imagine based on my own experience, but not beyond my ability to appreciate!

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Steve.

(Yankovic)

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Marathon Maniac #957

Jay - well done!

KSA - that's impressive!

Steve - 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."