Masters Running

Some Day of the Week Daily 11/14 (Read 36 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly, hope you continue to heal. Are you doing PT for that shoulder?

No, the ortho doc said I didn't need PT, but he gave me some exercises to do with a stretchy band, 6 exercises with 15 reps each.  Right now I am only doing them once per day, as my shoulder is still a bit sore, and I am doing them on the other shoulder too, just to keep them on the same page....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Image may contain: text

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

Leslie 

Bailey had her trauma appt at the vet. Vet aspirated the lump and it's just fatty deposit. I knew I called her my lil porkchop for a reason. Now DH is off to take her someplace fun to run around and jump in a creek probably, so she doesn't always think a ride in the truck is bringing her someplace bad.

Tammy

Henrun

Had a class this morning, so went out for 2 mile run this afternoon in slightly warmer temps and little wind.
          Off to NYC and Brooklyn tomorrow morning for a bat mitzvah and other activities. Probably won’t get a run in but a fair amount of walking and subwaying. Then train back on Monday in time for Speakers Series in the evening. Maybe some rest (and a run) on Tuesday. What else do people do when they’re retired and in their mid 80’s??

Henrun wave to me on your way by to NYC. I am on a train to Manhattan right now. I have a workshop tonight. Really just an informal seminar to which the folks at Columbia invite a bunch of law and finance faculty from a bunch of other schools.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Tramps

Too cold to ride this morning so I waited until the temps hit a balmy 41F this afternoon to get a 20-mile ride in.

And I wore warm socks.

Be safe. Be kind.

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

42°

I ran 2 miles in the swamp. Then I got Leonidas and walked him in the swamp another mile, mile and a half.

Earlier. I had an introductory pilates session. That was fun.

TwoCat. Thank you. It helps to know a computer savvy person also has trouble posting photos here too.

Steve. Dunkin might need to be tethered to you while outside for a while. This way he will be conditioned to know his right place is near you. Dogs are kind of literal. They need to know you want them near you while outside. By physically being attached with a leash, he will know his place. It took a year or so for Leon to learn. But his nose leads him astray. Nowadays, he is pretty darn good.

I could be wrong.

Holly. Glad you're recovering nicely. Yep. I still have a big bump on my right clavicle. But no pain there.

Dave. When do you relocate? How far away from your old place?

Also. Thinking about going back to Watoga State park for that trail half marathon in August. Are you near that part of West Virginia? We've been there several times. Our friend has a place in Seebert.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Henrun

Henrun waive to me on your way by to NYC. I am on a train to Manhattan right now. I have a workshop tonight. Really just an informal seminar to which the folks at Columbia invite a bunch of law and finance faculty from a bunch of other schools.

Twocat- We always wave to you since we ride the ride the regional fairly often.

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Henry. I love your retired life.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Henrun

😎

Henry. I love your retired life.

😎

BTY

Good evening Runners,

So much going on in life right now, and no time to tell it. Maybe someday I can get caught up on some of it with you. Tomorrow marks the midway point of the month, and I am 10 miles into my 20 mile swim challenge.  It really is a challenge, because I have to average about a mile per day since I don’t swim every single day, but I was somewhat deflated when I read that swimming a mile only equals running about 4 miles. So my 20 mile month will be about equivalent to an 80 mile running month which doesn’t seem like any great shakes.😕  That said, my most voluminous swimming month to date was somewhere around 12 to 15 miles, and so 20 miles is certainly a lot for me.   Anyway, this morning I swam about 1.5 miles in just under 50 minutes.

Oh, I registered for a swim meet in Ithaca New York on 14 December, and it will include a 100 IM, 200 IM, a 50 butterfly and gulp a 1000 yard freestyle. The 1000 is the last event so I can quietly scratch from that if I’m spent.

Have a greta evening!

Marathon Maniac #957

but I was somewhat deflated when I read that swimming a mile only equals running about 4 miles.

Okay, I don't believe that for a minute.  I can knock out a 4-mile run, even very undertrained, with little or no effects for the rest of the day, but when I swim a mile, I am starving and sleepy for the rest of the day - a huge difference in caloric burn, at least for me.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

nothing, nada, zip.

Here's the breakdown of generational insults from other generations:

Boomer: OK Boomer

GenX: Karen

GenY: OK Liberal

GenZ: OK Edgelord

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/laurenstrapagiel/gen-z-is-calling-gen-x-the-karen-generation

Image result for i do what i want karen

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Where does "Bye Felicia" fit?

😉

SteveP

SteveP