Masters Running

Wed Aug 12 Runs and Workouts (Read 447 times)

Mariposai

absolutely lovely tammy. what a sweet and thoughtful husband you have.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Okay, Tammy.  That is just way too neat!

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Renee the dog

5 miles total tonight on the sand -- did 7 x 400 @3K pace...walked the recoveries.  Mile w/u and cool down splashing in the water (I did have my trail shoes on).  Felt good.  Better than it should have.

Have a good night everyone!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

dg.

dg, are am mosq. worse than pm ones?

Amy,    dunno.   I just love am gardening.  they are bliss busters

Tammy, that was very sweet of them.

nono maybe I should try my next wednesday run in the river.   ;-)

Lots of good midweek long runs above...Leslie, you got up at 4:15 to run 18 miles? Criminy...

Yasso 800's tonight, 8X sub-3:20 (:13, :16, :18, :16, :16, :18, :14, :13)  w/ 1/4 mile jog in between.....and enough WU/WD to make 8 miles.

Time for dinner. Walt

Very cool Tammy!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks tammy, . . . and your great guys.

==========================

beaches are for bare feet.

Should You Be Running Barefoot?  <style> H1 { font-family: arial, helvetica; font-size: 22px; font-weight: normal; color: #ff5114; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-right: 10px;} </style>

=====================

me too slohand

Delicious (Red Delicious) apple photo Delicious is one of the most famous American apples, and one of the most widely grown apple varieties. Although the name is similar, Delicious (often known as Red Delicious) and Golden Delicious are entirely different varieties. There are a lot of similarities though: both varieties were discovered in the USA at the end of the 19th century, both need warm climates, and both are basically sweet apples.

=========================

aamosalina - I wish the other ones would be here too again but there's another buerhle in town.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Leslie, you got up at 4:15 to run 18 miles? Criminy...

I didn't have a choice.  It was either that or get up at the same hour Friday and try to do the mileage in 80+ degree heat in  Palm Springs this weekend.   It's suppose to be 107 tomorrow when we get down there.  Holy moly!  If it gets to 70 around here, people are passing out in the streets (well, not literally . . .)

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

SteveP

Beers, have you thought about auctioning off baby naming on E Bay???

SteveP

Beers, have you thought about auctioning off baby naming on E Bay???

heh heh Smile

But I'm afraid our opinion isn't being asked for.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

evanflein

Hey Lou, it wasn't an opinion, just a suggestion. Take it or leave it.

We're in Kenai for soccer this week, with ok weather and games going our way so far.

Our coach quit. He'll do the semi's and the finals (assuming we make
                        it that far), but he's tired of the boys' attitudes and snottiness.
                        Lovely. We got a long e-mail about how he's failed in his goals as
                        coach, and will be resigning after this tournament. Our kids do have a
                        problem, with cockiness and mouthiness... but I have to think that the
                        right person could pull them together and do something great with
                        them. I'm so saddened (again) that our original coach died
                        unexpectantly and early. What a tragic loss for her family, our team
                        and the whole community. I don't think the team has ever really
                        recovered and moved on.

My running has been going well, but I've had to rearrange my whole
                        week. Monday I ran my recovery run (4.5 miles) way too fast (8:17
                        avg). Tuesday I ran 11 miles, with hills and tempo stuff, 8:13 avg.
                        Wednesday I ran 6.5 miles @ 8:31 avg pace, good enough for what I was
                        trying to do (5 EZ) but I misjudged the distance back to the cabin.
                        Today I ran Sunday's 20 miler, because it was a day off from soccer
                        and Kris spent the night with friends at the main hotel. We got to bed
                        sort of late from our cookout here, and lots of wine, but I made it
                        out at 9 am and ran 21 miles at 8:21 avg pace. Lots of hills in the
                        first half, faster pace on the second half. Very happy with this run,
                        my first negative split/fast finish really long run in a long time.
                        Mile 15 @ 8:18
                        Mile 16 @ 8:12
                        Mile 17 @ 8:07
                        Mile 18 @ 8:03
                        Mile 19 @ 8:00
                        Mile 20 @ 8:15 (had some uphill to contend with)
                        Mile 21 @ 8:01

Walked .6 mile afterward talking to my folks, it's raining hard in
                        Fairbanks. Hope the fires get put out soon!

Semi-finals tomorrow at noon, after a team meeting at 10:30. Then
                        finals at noon on Saturday and then we're out of here. Will overnight
                        in Anchorage Saturday night and go home Sunday. Hope to get in another
                        5 miler and a 10 miler before we go home

Marathon Maniac #3309

Wow Erika, that was a terrific 21 miler....you are looking strong. Hum, don't know how I missed this, but just wanted Ya to know....well done! ----Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!