Masters Running

The Weight of Those Brownies are Around My Weist (Read 292 times)

Did anybody remember to weigh in this a.m.?  I didn't.   Doesn't feel like much has changed, though.  And yes, I've been having an affair with brownies - those brownie bites to be more specific.  Little ba$turds.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Oh noooo! Back away from the brownies! I swear that's why I don't bake anymore. Sometimes I miss the days when I could sit and eat warm chocolate cookies from the oven with a glass of ice cold milk. Now the milk upsets my tummy and the cookies go right to my butt. *sigh*

I've been starving lately. I think it's cuz I'm back to running and adding speedwork and some real distance (finally). I'm going through the sugar-free gum to avoid snacking, which brings up it's own set of problems. BUT, I'm down to 143 today (again) and I hope it's a continuing trend. Seems like one good dinner though and I'm right back up to square one again.

well i'm still following my same trend -- today 135 ......... would really like to continue with a downward trend and break this 135/137 cycle!!

warm brownies are my nemesis -- i baked some tuesday night with mini chocolate chips in them for Fat Tuesday, but now that we are officially in Lent i will have more willpower and stay away from them!!

denise

SteveP

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Down 2 lbs this week to 115!  Yay!

Of course, I know this is probably not real weight, so my goal for next week is simply to maintain this spot.  Could be challenging, as it looks like MTOTM is due in a few days...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I think I am finally in the diet zone, so I can play this game now.    141.2 yesterday .... 134 here I come!!!   Big grin

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Prince of Fatness

169.5 - Down 4.5.  Wow.  I don't get it.  Last week I was up 3.5.  I really don't feel like I did much of anything different.

Anyway, I guess I'll just be happy and shut up.

Not at it at all. 

Marathon Maniac #3309

I personally hate sweets, but my weakness is salty / savory foods....things that make a person retain water weight. Since I am starting a new job I decided to pull out some of my nice pants from my closet and try them on. Guess I really didn't realize I had gained weight, because I feel like I look the same in the morror, but I couldn't hardly snap my pants up because of the waist size ----my goal weight is 150, my happy and ok with weight is 155, but my current weight is a 162 which I have not been at in prolly 6 to 7 years. Being off work I admit to being less active, and also admit to drinking more at times to help with the depression of not working (of course this does NOT WORK because alcohol IS A DEPRESSANT) -----So back to only eating good / healthy food - NO MORE Beer or alcohol "period" - and since it's getting close to Spring, I will be increasing my running and speed work ----I am not worried in the least bit, and I will lose this weight just fine and be back in fighting shape in a couple of weeks......just in time for some local 5K's that will be starting ---------Holly, what is MIOTM.....is that the end of the month stuff you gals go through??? - TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Tim bo - it is not always the "end of the month"   silly boy! 

Beer = carbs.    Maybe just once a week in moderation??  

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

TammyinGP

"end of the month thing" - ok, that's funny! yeah, that's it Timbo - it's like payday, comes at the end of the month.

well, I've been NOT eating sweets, haven't baked anything, or even been eating after dinner for about 2-3 wks now. I go to bed hungry every night (which surprisingly does not even bother me anymore). I've actually drastically reduced my caloric intake to something that is probably not even healthy for a runner and my scale is stuck. It's maybe moved a pound or two down but that's it. very annoying to work so hard and only lose a pound. Is it the end of the month yet? maybe I'm retaining water. . .  

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #3309

LOL, Yeah Goofy me for sure....I know better than that. Heck, I was married for around 20 years.....so I know "your ordeal" happens when ever during the month. Boy.....the things men say (or me at least).....the end of the month, LOL - TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!