Masters Running

Friday 12/7/18 (Read 40 times)

Posting from my tablet so brief. Did 10 miles on the bike trainer this morning for a good workout. Tomorrow is a 5K and all I know for sure is that it will be a cold one! Hope I remember how to dress that warmly.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

No matter, still just as fun. .

Which perfectly describes Tet. 

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Hey folks - hope everyone's Friday is going well. Beautiful grandson 'ya got there Steve. Spoil him rotten this Christmas!

And Leslie has a new avatar. I like it. Kind of sums up how I'm feeling these days.

I'm sorry your foot is still giving you grief Holly. And what to do when rest doesn't help anything?

Good luck this weekend Erika! You too Roch, and anyone else brave enough to face the elements wherever you are.

Lots of Christmas parties going on around here. I'll add a story about one more.  The Packer player/coach/employee Christmas party was last night. It's held at the Lambeau Field Atrium on the 4th floor looking down over the football field. Couldn't ask for a better venue to party. There were several hundred people there, and I saw Aaron Rodgers (without Danica) and a few other players. None of them looked too enthusiastic to be there. I guess hanging around with the "unwashed" is not their cup of tea   But the food! They had several stations set up at various places - one had lobster, one had prime rib, one had shrimp and crab legs, one had rack of lamb, one had a salad spread (not a real lot of action at that one ), and one station had a train that went around tracks, and each car on the train had a different kind of dessert. Specialty cocktails too. My DH had a "smoked" scotch that was garnished with a piece of bacon! I had a peppermint mimosa, which consisted of champagne and peppermint vodka with the rim of the glass dipped in melted chocolate, garnished with a peppermint stick. I ate like a pig!

Sooo - trying to offset all of that evil activity, an hour on the treadmill this morning, 10 minutes on the rower and a 30 minute personal training session. Lots of kettle bells and ab work in this session.

I read (I think it was the NY Times??) that the best Christmas movie ever is "Scrooged" with Bill Murray. I'm not sure I agree. Mine was always "A Christmas Carol" from like 1945 with Alastair Sim playing Scrooge. How about everyone else? Got a favorite?

Plan: Friday=junk miles

6.5 @ 8:26

Another sunny warm day.

BABY! almost as fun as dogs!

fav xmas movie: Die Hard

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Two Favorite Christmas Movies: Silent Night and Elf (son of a nutcracker!)

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Activity for today:

Coughing

Christmas present wrapping

Visit to the DPM

Diagnosis: plantar fasciitis

I protested. It is presenting so differently!

He prescribed: orthotics. Ice. Stretch. He prescribed a drug that I have not picked up yet. He prescribed physical therapy.

And so. Here I go again.

But.

His nurse. Jill. Told me to remain active. Do everything I want to do.

Now if I could get rid of this respiratory problem.

I love Baby Owen. Beautiful.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Broke the "No running in the rain" rule for 3.8 cold wet miles!

Have a great weekend everyone and Happy running!

SO glad this work week is over!  1.5 treadmill miles after work to unwind before having some sushi and wine.  Cold light rain outside.  I got a cute Christmas gift from someone on my staff-  it's a little desk sign that says "GIRL BOSS".    Lawyers are not known to be the best supervisors, so I'm glad it seems to be going well......

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, 6.4 miles after work.  Done at an 8:45 pace.  We're supposed to get rain all weekend so it was good to get in one last run that was dry.

As an aside, I was speaking with DW during my drive back to my apartment.  She was mentioning last gifts she had ordered/bought then said she got something for DS#1.  Threw me for a second then realized it was probably a decoration for his headstone (it is).  Suspect this time of year will get tougher once DS#2 is out on his own.

Steve, beautiful baby; thanks for sharing.

Jlynne, that sounds like quite the soiree'

Twocat, that's awesome!  Please don't get too excited and go too hard on it.

Favorite Christmas movies.....I have a few I'll watch at least once every year:  Scrooged ("The b&*#h hit me with a toaster!"), A Muppet Christmas Carol (narrated by Gonzo and Rizzo the Rat), A Christmas Story ("I triple dog dare you!") and one I saw for the first time over Thanksgiving, The Man Who Invented Christmas (we'll see if it holds up).  Now, to really stir things up......I'm in the Die Hard is a Christmas movie camp and will stop and watch it if I happen to come across it.

Have a greta night everyone!

Joe618

As an aside, I was speaking with DW during my drive back to my apartment.  She was mentioning last gifts she had ordered/bought then said she got something for DS#1.  Threw me for a second then realized it was probably a decoration for his headstone (it is).  Suspect this time of year will get tougher once DS#2 is out on his own.

Falcon, so sorry to learn you and your wife lost a son.   I hope his gift and the memory of him are helpful to you both.

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

TammyinGP

left work at 3 today because, well, I was already in vacation mode and had all my work done so seemed silly to just hang around.

went for a 3.1 mile run. brrrr, it was so bone-chilling cold today even though it was about 30.  never did really feel that warm while I was running.

david had his last final today. in microecon. said he felt it went well. Picking him up tomorrow and heading for portland. Then on to warm destinations. no more bone-chilling cold for me!

Tammy