Masters Running

Wed Apr 15 Runs and Workouts (tax day!) (Read 572 times)

8 miles with the middle 4 @ BMP total 1:08:00 Perch, Sorry to hear the news. I am still hopeful 10% is still 10% Twocat, Have a fun trip. I love it down there. The SCUBA is fantastic. The tax man has cometh and gone about a month ago for me. My test went ok today. The tech of course wouldn't say much but assured me if it looked like I was about to drop dead she would send me to the hospital. Shocked I told her that sounded like good news to me so I must be fine Wink I get the results next Wednesday. Good runs everyone Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

evanflein

Walt, that's excellent news. Thanks for the update. Good to hear Enke and Halllar are going to live to run another day, too!

Renee the dog

Walt, that is GREAT news! I'm heading upstairs to do some drills and then 4 miles on the treadmill. Tried to outwait this storm, but it's not done yet -- I think we're at 48 hrs now. Black eye I chased my trashcan down the street 2x. Now, it's just down the street. I gave up. Renee and Mr Nono will get it when they walk, I suppose. Good sleeps to all tonight and good resting, tapering and running tomorrow!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

EvryDay, isn't this a Martin Cutaway you're playing? (Can't quite make out the name) Bill
          Yes, I believe it is a Martin. Sad to say that's not my guitar Sad As I remember, I had just gotten to my friend Joe's campsite and hadn't gotten my guitar out of my pickup yet. He asked me if I wanted to pick on his guitar. Absolutely!!!! Never turn down an offer to play on a Martin. I have a Alvarez and doesn't even hold a candle to the Martin.
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
            I sort of thought so, but didn't want to assume, 'cause you know what that does . . . Big grin A most excellent runner AND an extremely talented musician. Is there no end to your fine abilities??
            Something about a donkey, I think. There's no end. yeh, right. Roll eyes You've seen pictures of me playing....you haven't HEARD me playing......really big difference here. I did get 6 miles in with DW this evening. Nice weather....a little windy.
            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
            Henrun

Perch, sorry you hurt. Hope we see you in Boston. Today went for an easy 3 miles past the finish line (where they were working frantically on the stands and finish area) and along Commonwealth Ave. where the magnolia trees are in full bloom. The sun was bright (it won't be on Monday -which is good). There was a strong sea breeze (east to west) but, since I'm tapering, I started where I had a tailwind all the way. I feel I have 'taper madness' with much pent-up energy and a certain amount of lethargy. Fortunately, our running club is having a pre-marathon party tomorrow night and it will lead right into the weekend events. Looking forward to meeting old friends and many new onesCool.
              Tramps

Great news, Walt! I'd been wondering how things were going. This must all be very worrisome and tiring for you. Poor kid.

Be safe. Be kind.

Managed to wait out the rain and get in a most pleasant 3-miler late this evening. Cool and damp beats warm and pollen-ized any day. And both definitely trump going to the gym to run on the TM. I'm a little more than halfway to my monthly mileage goal, a perfect place to be mid-month. Smile Mom's on the mend, and although the issue of her giving up driving will definitely be one we have to face in the not-so-distant future, I really do think she just plain skidded on the wet road yesterday. She can't see the orthopedic surgeon until Monday, which means she's stuck in the splint over the weekend, but is doing pretty well with one arm and only a thumb and two fingers free on the other hand. She's going on a cruise to the Caribbean with my brother and SIL next week, so I'm gonna try to talk her into a bright pink, flamingo-colored cast. Cool Looking forward to the fantastic weather they're predicting for the rest of the week here. {{{Perch}}} Walt - so glad to hear DD is coming home. Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

you haven't HEARD me playing......really big difference here.
                    Just as long as you can play "Stairway to Heaven . . ." Tongue Did my 3 miles this p.m. . . . sans the inhaler. Makes breathing a tad tuff, don'tcha know.

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Perch, my legs aren't so good either but I figured we can run 13:30 minute miles and still make the cut-off, if you're interested.......
                      sorry to do this to you amy but, with only a half a dozen of your 112 marathons even slipping over four hours such as in a couple of adventure runs and injury-ridden races, I'm adding you to the possible recipients of a duck pass at the Seattle RnR if you can maintain a 13:30 or slower pace at Boston, . . . and an extra pass if you can talk Perchie into doin' it with you. However, don't count on tammy and timmy joining us as she'll need to run her first marathon by feel sans chronograph and timmy'll have to somehow survive to the Aurora Bridge hills at mile 16.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

xor

Is a duck pass good or bad?

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

you too robert, . . . if you can do double hometown marathons that weekend!. Big grin

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Ah, nothing like a Tetsujin challenge! 6.5 miles on the treadmill tonight, ran in my Speedstars. I really can't decide which shoes to run Boston in. I've never had this problem before. Confused

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I really can't decide which shoes to run Boston in.
                              wanna duck pass too?

evanflein

not till you answer Robert! Cuz I have no idea...