Masters Running

Sunday, April 18 Pre-Boston Runs (Read 539 times)

Oh.....And we're moving !  The Offer on the new house was was accepted Friday night, We signed the papers to list our house Friday night. The listing hit the MLS Sat morning. The first showing was at 9:00 am and we accepted an offer at 3:00 pm.

Holy cow, that's fast!  Congratulations!!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Slo hand nice way to buy and sell a house in such a short time.  Many houses here are on the market for over a year.  Just not priced right.  Nice long run too.

Nice long run Walt.

I won't be able to watch tomorrow's marathon without paying for it.  I might be able to see a replay after for free, at least I did last year.  I predict Dune wins the women's race and not sure about the mens.  Guess I will just carbo load on virtual wine tonight and hit my virtual corral tomorrow morning with my virtual Boston buds.

Waiting for the hub to get home so I can go run dinnertimeish in the freakish 70F we have out there.  5 miles planned so that I hit 30 for the week, most since last March.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Slo

Sometimes the stars and the moon align. Our house was in the hot zone. (first time buyers) We priced it to sell since we had made a clean offer to purchase. I would have never guessed that it would only take 12 hrs though !

It hasn't quite registered yet.....the fact that I could be moving in as a little as 30 days......I'm sure it will sometime. At that point I'll go into panic mode.....overwhelmed with everything that needs to be done....not to mention all my projects at work hitting at the same time.

After running once in February and March, and generally feeling miserable on nearly every run in January, my fourth run of April was a pain-free 4 miles.  I am astounded and humbled at what my body can do after some rest and (I think) finally finding the right shoes.

Eliz  Smile

flomotioncoaching.com

Mariposai

two slow miles this afternoon and four hours of working in a pioneer era cemetery where my ds#2 placed 55, with more to come, handmade crosses for those unmarked graves.What a long weekend this has been...but it was all worth it. It was fun working along side this farming community who every year meet at this cemetery to do some yard work as an honor to those berried in this place. You would not believe the view from this place. I won't mind being burried there...but I already had decided to be cremeted , less impact on nature, I think.

I am so excited about Boston...too bad I will not find out how people did unless someone is willing to call me with the results...I sure miss the flexibility I had in my other job...I sure do.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

dg.

Nancy, I should be able to call you unless things are completely crazy at work.    Any times in particular when you can take calls?

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Broke this month’s taper in the  new Run for Water 6K, our first area Earth Day run since things went dry with the demise of the Aveda Stop Global Warming 5K several years ago. The odd-distance 6K signifies how far the average person has to walk to get water everyday.

Running barefoot as I love to do and wearing recycled paper running shorts from Japan probably signified what most of world has too when they go for their water.

A rare no t-shirt event but white cap with zipper pocket above the bill just right for a white and blue “Give Earth a Chance” pin from the University of Michigan’s 1969 Environmental Teach-in model for the annual Earth Days that followed in 1970.  Happy 40th anniversary Earth Day.

ps Eliz - we tied in February, i beat you by two in March but you're already three ahead of me this month.

I think my Resolution Run 5K and Plunge beat you by one in January though.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)