Masters Running

Two, Too, Tuesday June 16 Master Runs (Read 440 times)

Geez, Denise--what did the poor oven ever do to you?

LOL --  i really was rushing when i posted -- too funny --- ok ok i threw dinner IN the oven --- and i think it liked it!!

slo - ya, that was my workout for today -- felt so great .......just hope i can still say that at 3am - right now it's not busy here but in labor and delivery things can change in a moment!!

i am hooked -- really need to set up a good training schedule around my crazy work hours and still try to fit in  some OT without sabotaging my workouts!!

denise

Go Deez!

Holly, you are a great mom---so glad DS is having a blast and DD is probably loving the solo focus for a bit too.

Evening run for me today---walked with my love this morning---3.5 miles including a stop to vote. This evening---Ran to the weekly 5k series series race at the community gardens---ran the 5k race---true trail cross country course, ditches, steep hill, water hazards----hit a 22:54 and 2nd in my age group----ran home for 9.1 miles total.  Chillaxing now with some red wine and watching a recap of the UConn women's basketball season---39-0--perfection! It's on CT. Public TV and making me grin.

Marathon Maniac #957

CNYrunner - thanks, but I can't take much credit for DS, he's just a good kid.  By the same token, I don't think I can actually be blamed for DD's antics....  Nice run for you tonight, btw.

Leslie - thanks for that link.  I'll print it out and try that.

Erika - interesting about the Zicam, but 130 cases in 10 years, out of how many millions of users?  I suspect the ibuprophen I abuse regularly will cause me more damage than the Zicam. 

Deez4boyz - I love your tri stuff - you are braver than I.  Someday I will learn to swim better and maybe take one of those on.  Do they have Senior Tris?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I'll be crazy busy the rest of the week, so I switched things around and did my long run this evening:  6 miles after school.  I had to really push, since I'd just done my second post-Broad Street, post-achilles nonsense 5-miler on Sunday, but both ankles felt fine.  No running the next two days, so that's plenty of time to recover for 3 miles each day Friday-Sunday.  I expect to be able to follow the plan more "normally," with long runs on the weekend, for the rest of the summer.

SueT - thanks for the beautiful story.  It kept popping back into my head as I was running today.

CNY - drop high school athletics?  I haven't heard of that sort of heresy around here, but as a music teacher, I know that many people will always think of my job as cut-able.

Driving to the shore and back tomorrow evening - crazy to try it on a school night, but it is the end of the year - for a training session for my summer gig as a nature tour leader.  We're taking a sunset pontoon boat ride on the back bays - how cool is that?  It's the bay where I paddle all summer, and I can't wait to be able to just look around at the scenery without having to worry about avoiding power boats and jetskis.  Also looking forward to learning some new stuff for my tours.

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

The override vote measure passed by 1600 votes---first time in more than a decade that an override passed here. Budgets will still be reduced, but music, art, all AP courses, athletics, and many teaching positions will be okay. I wasn't sure at all since only 20% of the kids that could go to public school in my town do so, the rest go to private schools or charter schools.

I played the violin in the school orchestra and was a three season athlete and school would not have been the same without all of that. Eliz---I know your job is often top of the list for cuts and yet it's so vital. Thank you for what you do and to Craneium and the other teachers here.

The override vote measure passed by 1600 votes---first time in more than a decade that an override passed here. Budgets will still be reduced, but music, art, all AP courses, athletics, and many teaching positions will be okay. I wasn't sure at all since only 20% of the kids that could go to public school in my town do so, the rest go to private schools or charter schools.

I played the violin in the school orchestra and was a three season athlete and school would not have been the same without all of that. Eliz---I know your job is often top of the list for cuts and yet it's so vital. Thank you for what you do and to Craneium and the other teachers here.

(First Paragraph) YEA!!!

(Second Paragraph) AMEN!

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Maniac 505

Mari: Glad you had fun on the B.G trail,  I cycle there often.

As always,  good to be home,  One of my slowest marathons ever Sunday, but I am almost over my 3 week head cold.  After two weeks of coughing and hacking I saw my Doctor (I never get sick)  He said "eat chicken soup"

Easy post marathon 5 for me today,  I suppose I am ready to plod through Seattle RnR,  kind of looking forward to it,  but I will probably finish close to Tet.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

CNY - hooray!!!  I'm so glad the cuts didn't pass.  DH didn't believe me when I told him your town might cut all that!

TammyinGP

I love the BG trail also. In two of the places I lived while in seattle, I had the BG literally out my back door. I had a condo over in Redmond on the path and then a condo in Seattle, across from Magnuson, that also backed up to the trail. I definitely got lots of foot and bike miles on that wonderful path. It's probably one of the things I miss the most from there.

4 miles tonight at the track at my son's school, while he played on the infield. 36:25. I was pleased with that after my pretty carpy 7 mile run on Sunday night. Last mile was a 8:36 and felt pretty good.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

finish close to Tet.

not a chance Mr. Dive. My knickered knee's abbreviated strides have produced two 8-hour marys in a row.

In fact, if tim can't come, I'll make it memorable for him anyway do a 9-hour marathon with his number!!!!!Big grin"D

ps tammy - darn, if I'd known you when you were living in Seattle, I bet you'd be a Seattle Mary veteran when it was all along the BG from Redmond to UW or Gas Works Park.  you'll make up for it in spades next week. 

ps to dive - you can make up for such a skimpy RR with one about someone else.   

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)