Masters Running

Wednesday 2/13/19 (Read 42 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

I also miss Jlynne and hope her family issues resolve soon.

Speedy grandkid, Joe!

Congrats,Twocat! What's the title of your paper?

Windy here too.  I went down to town where it was much less windy, and ran 5 miles with two of my dirt diva running friends.  Then I braved the crowds at Costco to stock up on lots of things. Now I have to go plow my driveway where the wind drifted the snow.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Joe618

Posting for Jlynne - she's ok, dealing with family issues and staying off social media for awhile

marj

Thanks, Marj, good to know.   Give her my best, if possible.

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Posting for Jlynne - she's ok, dealing with family issues and staying off social media for awhile

marj

Thanks, marj. I checked back in here to see if anyone had heard anything.

Nuthin' for me today -- continued bad weather (and I usually don't complain about normal winter weather at this time of year). At least my back was good enough for me to clear the driveway today with the snowblower instead of my DW having to (which she actually doesn't mind).

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

fatozzig I still find hills and inclines are a lot more irritating than flats and downhills.

Good to know.  And congrats on the publication!!  In my (much) younger days, I loved to write and spent two years of college majoring journalism.  Ended up not being my cup 'o tea, but every once in awhile I think about I'd go about writing a book. For years I wanted to write something about my mom, but the time for that has, unfortunately, passed.  But still, sometimes . . . .

Initially posted in Tuesday's thread . . .

PT this morning.  And if I don't have to work late, I'll get in a walk when I get home.  The wind was blowing like CRAZY this morning.  Somehow walking .5 or 1 mile just isn't appealing in those conditions.

In other news - California (and I'm assuming other states?) has started issuing Real IDs as opposed to regular driver licenses, if you so desire.  After 2020, the Real ID, should you desire to obtain one, will allow you to fly domestically and get into certain otherwise restricted federal buildings; otherwise, you have to carry a passport. Since my license expires Feb 23, I figured I'd go ahead and get the Real ID, made an appt with the DMV, gathered my required paperwork, etc.  Showed up for my appointment with said paperwork (current utility bill, SS card, cert birth certificate) and . . . . do you have your passport or a certified copy of your marriage certificate showing your name change?  What??   Evidently I didn't read the instructions as well as I thought I had.  So the guy helping me says, "I can't get you in for another appt until after your current license expires."   "You know, you can just get a regular license now and use your passport until it expires or come back before 2020."  Which is what I did.  So I ended up spending an hour at the DMV to try to get a Real ID, which I couldn't get because obviously I can't read instructions, when I could've just renewed my license in a blip on the 'net. 

On a brighter note, I think I got a "contact hangover" from the alcohol fumes being expelled by other patrons. 

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

bioguy

I felt awful yesterday and after school came home and laid down- didn't feel physically bad, just a sense of blah. Today was better, but went to my dentist right after work and had step one of getting a crown. Didn't feel  like a run afterwards....

Tailwinds!

Marathon Maniac #957

Leslie - in Ohio they call them Standard or Conforming licenses.  The law went into effect on 7/1/18, and since that was when DD turned 16, the license I got for her was the Conforming.  I won't have to make the decision until my renewal in March of 2020, but I will do the extra work to get the Conforming.

Bioguy - hope you feel better...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

1.6 treadmill miles after work and now heading in town for the concert at the Ryman.  Figuring out how to inhale some food between now and then.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

bioguy

Thanks Holly- he originally said I needed a root canal; I've never had one of those. ?Went to an  endodontist who put the coldest thing I could ever imagine on my tooth then decided "you need a crown, not a root canal."

This all started before Thanksgiving....

Hope this fixes it.

Bioguy

Congrats, Twocat! Publish or perish, and the road to riches is paved with published papers!

Rain/Rest day for me. The atmospheric river is visiting again, multiple inches of rain per day.

My sophomore kid tells me about his Mile Run in PE: he has to stop and dry-heave several times in route to completing a 12:00-13:00 mile. I don't think he'll be going out for track.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

spacityrunner

Twocat it is a real accomplishment to get published.  Most hearty congratulations!!!

Anne I am so sorry about your pet.  Hugs to you!!

Glad to hear JLynne is ok.  

Fatzzz...I got my real ID DL by stuffing every known piece of legal type paper (and a few bills) into a box and strolling on in.  They didn't need most of it :-)  But yes...you would need to show evidence of a Name Change.

Bio:  I would take a crown over a root canal any day!!!

Ideal running weather this afternoon for my 4ish miles on West Mountain with the running club.  Oh how I love trail running!!!

Trails Rock!

C-R

WTG TwoCat.

Gad JLynne is making it.

Quick post  5.1 relaxing miles with the runners club tonight. Going to cal it early. Long day.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, as forecast, about 30 deg F cooler this morning....still only had it in the mid-30s.  Got out for an easy 5 miles.

Marj, thank you for the update.

Twocat, Congratulations!  My FIL was a history professor (south Georgia/north Florida as well as Central and South America), so I'm familiar with the battles.  His biggest was helping the Savannah diocese (although he wasn't Catholic) research getting some missionaries canonized.  They got close, the missionaries (pre-colonial era) beatified.

Joe, thanks.  Oddly I do faster intervals on a TM than I do on the track.  Part of the reason I always try to do them on the track (pretty sure my pacing is horrible).  Nice run by your protégé.

Hmmm, real ID.  I'm behind the times, this hasn't registered on my radar.  Curious to see how much my military ID (and at this point Lord knows how many background checks for security clearances) will help.  Knowing the DMV.....not too much <eyeroll>

Have a greta evening everyone!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Greetings all.  End of the day and it looks like I won't have to walk Maggie much before bed--she had doggy daycare today and is totally crashed.  Will have to wake her up for a quick trip.

Friday morning DW and I head off to Rochester for a four day weekend.  Maggie gets to go to the spa, as FIL's house is NOT puppy proof and at 95 yo, he's not puppy proof either.  Her DB and wife are in town from Bangkok, by way of Tucson where they were at a gem show (he's a dealer).  Sadly, he's been recently diagnosed with  late stage thymic cancer and this could be his last trip over to the states.    Sucks.

TC--congratulations on publication.  Guessing this was not a "pay to play" type journal.   l actually just got my name on a paper submitted to IEEE by one of our vendors on a special application that we used some of their equipment for.   Of course, I only had to provide some utility data and my name was last on the list, but hey, now I'm  a published author.

And as I notice things the same way Dave does, I'm glad a few people were paying attention and noticed Jeanne hadn't been around, but doing OK.

Maybe I can make it out for a run tomorrow.  Hope to in Rochester.

In Mass, you can renew ad get a real ID license at a AAA office.  Which I did, with the pile o' data that Liz took.  Will likely get a TWIC card for work that's even deeper background to be able to get into Federally regulated sites like fuel or propane depots.  Places you really don't want people with bad intentions to get into.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Thank you all for the congratulations. My coauthor came by my office today and she was ecstatic as well.

In running news, I spent an hour on the elliptical. Then it was off to the office to teach.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I got in 7 miles before I had to go to a get together for more family members to meet Ryan's girlfriend...did I tell you she was visiting from Oregon?

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!