Masters Running

Sunday "West Coast Starter" Daily (Read 524 times)

Backwards names.....memories--thanks for reminding me Aamos. I am Nirak Eel (without my married name)....nerd here too as my childhood friends Ylime and Haras  and I all communicated with our secret backwards names!

My guys did make out like bandits since I am lactose intolerant and couldn't eat the prizes I won, but that's okay...better all 'round.

Dr. J and I ran another 8 at around 6 pm for 14 on the day. All fine and  good to loosen up our race legs. She was on call and got paged in the midst of the run---took the call, advised a resident and we kept on going. Before the run I went to a graduation party for Canada J's middle kid. It was a Js reunion and very nice. She is all through radiation and doing okay. She and Spicy J are running the Philly marathon with their husbands since both guys turn 50 this Fall At least that's the plan. Lots of sandbagging chatter at the party. 

dg! I'll second what TW said...no wusses here that I see.

Nice running lamerunner!

I have a Mexican Tomatillo casserole all set to pop in the oven.

I'm. So. There.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

message to yma - you're so  funny.  just as I was thinking, "wow, my buddies and I did the same backwards spellings in high school," I find out you already know.  double dense nerd?  We still use them amongst ourselves even as they became state supreme court justices, university presidents, deans, marathon maniacs, etc. e.g.  retlaw, krik, retep, etc.  Some bad handwritings, spellings, shorthands, etc. have become their names for life (keits) or new words we've used ever since (thnax) to say nothing of spoonerisms before we knew what they were.

Then it got worse with two kids growing up having to understand me spelling words and whole sentences in our conversations, belling spackwards words and sentences too ("tahw?" ; "og ot deb"). They learned to count every way but the right way.  Somehow they turned out normal.  Not me though.  I guess that's why I like hugh and mary so much. Smile

iH Ren Nurync

ps - congratulations on starting the daily zigs

Maybe all the regulars were doing your zzz's.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

A Saucy Wench

Ennay, you sure you aren't 37 or something and just too drawn to the fame and fun of our forum?

Errr...uh..oh YES, yes that is it.  Damn.  You found me out.

Welcome Ennay, and Happy B-day! I always feel we're semantically related in that my last name backwards is Innay. I kinda like my whole name backwards: Yma Innay. My brother's was Ecurb Innay. Yea, we were nerds and did backwards writing.......like tet!

Heh... Well, I think I started using Ennay in highschool as my backwards name + part of my last name and it just kind of stuck when I started to have to do logins and stuff.

But in highschool WE did "ob" instead of backwards.  .  I got really fast at it.  My favorite friends name was Jobennobifober. (Jennifer).  Mine was boring Obanne

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Ennay - Welcome and Happy Birthday!

Aamos - Ask away.  If I'm not sure about an answer, I'll get one for you.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

11.1 miles for me today after spending most of the day with my MIL at our garage sale. Sort of a bust, but at least I sold our dresser and some other stuff today. The whole weekend feels "lost" to this event, but it's over and now my SIL will figure out what we made and what we owe as far as the ad, etc. I hate garage sales. What a waste of time and effort to have cheapskates turn up their nose at your nice stuff that you're already offering for a (small) fraction of the original price.