Masters Running

Mon Aug 24 Runs and Workout (Read 411 times)

Morning, Folks -

{{{Tall}}} - Hope things heal quickly for you.  Pinched sciatica hurts like an SOB.  I get that on my right once in awhile.

Ribs - Hood to Coast - Are you talking about out here, up in Oregon?  If so, isn't that a relay?  Have fun!

Rest day for me, although we will be moving the bulk of the office this week, including today . . . . So I guess "rest day" is relative.

It's definitely cooler here in the evenings and early mornings, but then we never get real heat anyway.  Sept and Oct are our best times of the year, once it cools down inland.

Well, off to do manual labor.  Later!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

{{Tallrunner}} We've missed you. Don't dismiss the herniated disk/sciatica diagnosis... that's what brought me down at Boston. Leslie's right, that can be excruciating! Hope you get a definitive answer soon.

Tramps, that master's winner was cruising! Wow...

I'd like to say summer's not over, but we're counting each day without frost as a gift at this point. I've got to hurry up and finish some garden work before I lose a lot of things I've worked hard to cultivate! Still dealing with voles, too.

After yesterday's IRC for the race in the morning, it got cloudy, windy and rainy in the mid-afternoon. What a change! Today is cool and wet with overcast skies. I brought outdoor and indoor running stuff to keep my options open, but just realized I have to take my parents to the airport at 3... I wonder how much they'll miss me around here if I just leave early?

This is my last peak week before Equinox, and wouldn't you know it, I also am finding my schedule pretty full. I'll need to move some of my lunchtime runs to after work so I can go out on the trail and run the hills we'll hit for the race. After I was so sore and needed so much recovery post-Gold Discovery Run, I'm not confident in my hill training this year. Yikes!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

{{{Tall}}} I missed you post earlier.   Please stay with us - we care!!

A little lot off topic - but this is how my daughter babysits the dogs when we are camping.   Brinkley looks so abused!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

I'm going to the gym singing "LA LA LA" ala Holly all the way!   Eggszacally--there's one third of summer left, and I'm sticking to it!

Brinkley's eye is so revealing---"heh heh, I've got her trained!" he's saying.

Ribs, sorry I missed your birthday, belated Best Wishes for a fabulous whole year.

It was 72 this morning before 7 am.  We're at 81 w/ 49% humidity at 11:30.

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles
          lamerunner

Inspired by Tall, I am poking my head in to say hello. Still breathing... most of the summer has been absurdly busy at work, no real vacation. I was running steadily, just trying to stay healty and build up a base, but tired from everything I have been juggling.

Then I managed to pick up another injury, really ticks me off. The arch of my right foot had ben hurting a bit  for a couple of weeks, then I ran a 5k Aug 13 as part of a corporate team. Halfway through the third mile I felt a sharp pull, enough that i yelped a limped a few steps, and I have not run since.  ( time was 22:33 but would have been much faster I am sure..Smile 

i had an xray, no fracture but there is swelling and pain. Doctor thinks it is tendonitis of the big tendon that runs through your foot/arch.  It is prettyannoying. I can bike and swim but elliptical bothers it and even walking is not always great.

I have flat feet and neither of the shoes I was  wearing seemed to be working very well, but my mileage had not been high.  I did not want to run that race though and almost bailed. I guess somehow you always know.... 

I have been icing and have an air cast for walking aorund. I have not been totally great about wearing it but I am trying. 

I did a 2.5 hour bike ride outside yesterday and a boring 45 min Spinning class today  at lunch.

I have been lurking. you guys are doing well!

--annoyed in NH

A Tall sighting, never a bad thing, heal well.

My life has gotten hectic, but in a good way. I was living in a college dorm for volleyball preseason until last night. Now I get to sleep in my own bed (which is sooo much nicer), but my day still starts early and ends late. I had time between watching tape, lifting and dinner to sneak in a very pleasant 7 mile run.

We have been training together since Wednesday. Early practices have looked good with a talented first year class and a solid group of returners.

Mariposai

tall, please take care. We often think about you here.

good luck Erika on your peak mileage this week.

One hour of tai chi.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

{{{lamerunner}}} Be good to that arch and wear your air cast.   We want you back here 100%.

We got rid of 1,060 pounds of law books today.  The entire bed of my boss' truck was filled to capacity.  Got tired of going up and down the stairs, so I talked him into chucking them out the bathroom window while I picked them up off the ground and to put in the truck.  At one point I hear a gargle, "Arghgh!"  He didn't look real good before sending a couple of them plummeting to the ground and almost hit me in the head!  We got a good laugh out of it 'cause like he said, if he'd hit me, it would've knocked me out, then he probably would've fallen down the stairs trying to rush to get to me and would've broken his leg or something.  I made sure I watched to see where he was after that.

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

SHHHHHHHHHHH. Don't mention Fall yet.

Tall and LR on injured reserve....not good. Speedy healing vibes your way.....

8 in 1:11:34; Off tomorrow

Walt

evanflein

4.4 mile recovery run after work. Temps in the mid-50's with no sun, completely overcast. Felt chilly at the start, warmed up by mile 2 and sweaty at the finish. Funny how that works.
                      SteveP

1.5 with DW and Tag.

SteveP