Masters Running

Tuesdaily, 6.5.18 (Read 35 times)

. .. test to see how long

they would stay unfogged, . . . . but had to quit laps

after 20-minutes when they wouldn't fog up and I could still see.

However, I must be used to it as the dentist commented

afterwards that, "I've never seen anybody who sleeps so much"

I thought (but didn't say): "that's what you get for taking two hours!"

Years ago when I finally got The Hub to go to the dentist after eons of no dental work, they had to do a cleaning in 2 different appointments and deaden his mouth each time because of how much they had to dig.  He fell asleep both times.   I have never fallen asleep at the dentist, and one time when I had to have a do-over on a root canal, had a panic attack toward the end.

KSA - My cats have become too suspicious of anything that harkens toward "medical."  I usually have to swipe a glop of hairball stuff on their front foot so they have to clean it off/swallow it.  It's even to the point that we have to open the cat carrier in the garage so they don't hear the door or everyone scatters.  If they hear even a small squeak from the carrier, everyone is on high alert.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

^^ I understand on the cats.  They can become invisible at the very hint of the cat carrier.    Speaking of cats- remember the saga of my daughter's ex-husband getting rid of their cats right after the divorce?  Well, one of them has appeared in his girlfriend's instagram story in the ex's condo, so he's back "home" and appears to be fine.  The one the ex claimed died we aren't so sure did die- we suspect he is living with the ex's cousin, but we can't confirm that.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

turned out I had forgotten to pack Trunks..........Looked to the heavens, said ''Scroot''.........and doddered home

tom - speaking of Bermuda shorts, I know someone who just wore his when he forgot his trunks.  Boxers work too but best are the black mid-thigh Jockeys for $12 that also suffice for $100 tri-trunks for the swim/bike/run. I'd even rather go without after once having to race back to DD's house to retrieve forgotten trunks before DD saw me and figure out that I'd left then 6-yo GS in the men's dressing room waiting for me on his own without a responsible adult in charge for the first time in his life but, as I should have realized would happen, I kind of vaguely heard a "where's my son?:?:?:?" as I slipped back out to the car to drive the half-mile back from their place to the pool.  Though, when I was his age, I walked to school by myself every weekday, I quickly found out that that was then and this is now so, needless to say, it's never happened again.  In fact, now at nine years old, DD now tells him to keep an eye on me.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

Holly, what a situation. I am so sorry that your DD is going thru this. I am praying for wisdom for your all.

Tetsujin, I just adore you.

Towmwhite, nice hill repeats.

C-R, enjoy Las Vegas.

Runner KSA, how awful to die under those circumstances.

Erika, those who rest get a butterfly hug.

As for me, the last two days was also a rest for me, but for another reason. A dear uncle of mine passed away  yesterday in Paraguay. I was rather close to my uncle.  In fact, I made his wedding cake at age 12, my first wedding cake. His death was hard for my siblings and I because he also died of last stage of COPD complications, just like my father a year ago. I worked from home today so I can attend the funeral via Skype.

Cheers to all.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Sorry to hear about your uncle, Mariposai, but good that you could attend via Skype.

Tet, your stories just crack me up. Are you going to visit your DD anytime soon? Love hearing about her notes she leaves you.

RunnerKSA... I just can't imagine. How awful. And like Tramps says, you wonder if there's more of this out there or are we just hearing about it more with almost instant news coverage. Still, so tragic.

I got out for 6+ miles today, and almost made it back before the rain. This weather pattern is so annoying. It's absolutely gorgeous while we're at work, but try to get out at lunchtime for some sunshine and exercise, and you run the risk of getting drenched. Today I made it back from most of my run, but on my walk up the hill it started raining and by the time I got almost to my building it was pouring with strong wind coming at me. Bleck. I was soaked. So, because I jogged mostly up the hill when I planned on walking, I'm calling it an "easy" run getting me to 6.6 for the day.

While we were out at dinner with friends, we had a hailstorm dump incredible loads of hail, then rain and wind, then it stopped and "almost" got nice out. Pretty crazy weather we're having, but this is anything but normal for this time of year.

SteveP

RunnerKSA, that level of violence is unfathomable.

SteveP