Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 1.4.18 (Read 47 times)

TammyinGP

you got me beat TwoCat. 17 mi is my longest.

just think of that mental stamina you are building!
    although you may have felt that insanity was the only thing you were building.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Amazing how much I can get accomplished when the students attorneys aren't there....

In my world....

Twocat - you are a BEAST!!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Nice job, Twocat.  It really does take a lot of mental toughness to stay on a treadmill that long.  That is why I have chosen to run in below zero temperatures outside...that just takes mental dumbness...and I have plenty of that.

Well, it took two chunks of skin to get all the crap out.  So, except for the 24 stitches in my head, I’m all better.

I hope all our eastcoast friends are okay. Especially Jay—I ran, today, and I need to see it in his recap.

Okay—gotta go put another bag of ice on my head.  See ya!

MIke- glad that is over for you!

Twocat-  I'm impressed.  9 is my longest.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

6.3 miles. Mid 60's here again, calm as usual. It's going to be a little warmer tomorrow.

twocat; geez. my epic treadmill story is that I watched an entire Superbowl while on a treadmill, I walked during commercials and halftime. I think I did about 16 miles, but it was over 3 hours. I have a bunch of video stuff stored up in case I need to tread this winter, but I've been lucky so far.

MikeE; good going on the surgery. I suspect I'll need to have some snipping at some point because I cannot recall a year since I was 10 when I did not have a peeling sunburn at least once.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

C-R

Good to hear that Mike. Heal up.

Forgot to mention that I'm on team Legs Miserables. We'll be seeing you in the arena at some point.

This lululemon challenge is toughening me up a bit although my training stinks. Hard to run repeats on ice.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Misplaced runner...

7.5 miles easy.  Chilly night, but calm, and certainly much worse elsewhere.  Legs felt good after last night's workout.

Current focus: Texas Med Run 10k (2/3/18) and Bayou City Classic 10k (3/17/18).

evanflein

I've done three 20 milers on the treadmill. Two because of cold (-40°F) and once because of air quality due to forest fire smoke. All three were, to say it lightly, a challenge. I don't have movies either, just music and podcasts. Hope to not do that again anytime soon. Good for you, Twocat. Have you picked a marathon yet?

Deez, I hope the scarring is minimal. That was a nasty cut!

Yay, Mike! Glad to hear they got it all without losing too much of your hide. I need to get to the derm too. Many, many sunburns in my past.

5.4 miles this afternoon, went out at sundown and it was really quite nice with temps around 10°F and it was plenty light out. Everything felt pretty good, until I started up the hill back to work (walking) into the little breeze from the NW... then my face got cold and started to get chilled. It's all good till you slow down and head into the wind.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

It really does take a lot of mental toughness to stay on a treadmill that long.

I've never run on a TM and never will but, especially compared

the mental toughness that must be needed for like MikeE's

recent race and how erika and now others are now joining

the subzero running club en masse, mental toughness

is not something I'd ever associate in a blue moon

with running on a treadmill that seems so boring

it could be done sleepwalking..

Maybe I'll have to try it sometime, after all, . . but I doubt it..

ps - what does 20 miles, superbowl, etc. translate out to in hours?

pps - I guess it doesn't apply to sub-zero'ing but, for me,

the worst day of running in the rain is still better

than running inside on a TM.

I haven't been in sub-zero since we moved into our first house

a little south of erika-land in January 1973 but got good advice

from a local resident not to worry and just chill out.

Sounds like it'd be a good slogan for a t-shirt

back on the East Coast now, . . or maybe a parka.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Mid 60's here again, calm as usual. It's going to be a little warmer tomorrow.

I have a bunch of video stuff stored up in case I need to tread this winter

You mean, in case it gets down to (gasp) the 40's? 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

pps - I guess it doesn't apply to sub-zero'ing but, for me,

the worst day of running in the rain is still better

than running inside on a TM.

+++1

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

You mean, in case it gets down to (gasp) the 40's? 

or if it starts to drizzle!

OMG, the HORROR! 

My winters in Summit County CO acquainted me with treadmills. It's a last resort now.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying