Masters Running

December Masters Miles and 2009 Year-end Totals (Read 505 times)

Henrun

Thank you Carolyn:

Henrun-119 for Dec. 1300 for year.;lots of PW's.

Marj-78 for Dec. 1081 for year; PR in a 2.5 mile race.

December Miles:  55.9

2009 Total:  424.3

Thanks for keeping up wih this Wild....

huskydon

Thanks Carolyn!

Dec:   115.8 mi

YTD:  1435.4 mi

Wouldn't you know it? Got sick the last two days of the year to fall just short of my 1440 mi goal.....

Happy New Year all!!

Gracias!

117  for December and <pant, pant->-just squeaking in with 3.1 on the treadmill in order to hit 1801 for the year. 

....................I'm just an anagram for Marg, in at 1081.  She's one of my sheroes.

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles
          wildchild

Carolyn

December: 97 miles

2009: 1389.3 miles - about 30 miles less than last year but a good year of running, overall.

Half marathon PR in June and 1st in AG at a 10K in September.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Hey Evrybody! 

December mileage.......112.5 miles

2009 mileage........... .....1102.8 miles  which is a new worlds record for me.

PRs in 5K, 10K and 25K

Congrats to ALL runners!

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
              pfriese

Thanks wildchild.

December total: 190.2 miles

2009 total: 2009 miles

Similar story to Ileneforward.

Most miles ever in a year .

Lots of racing (17 races!).

New PR's at every distance raced (1M, 5K, 10K, 12K, HM, and Marathon).

Had a blast,

Paul

TammyinGP

Dec miles: 56

2009: 987.2

PR's: 2 mile, 5K, 5 mile, 10K, 10 mile, marathon

highlight was running my first marathon and having that wknd also be a large KR/RA gathering. I saw friends I've met before and some new ones that I wasn't sure I'd ever have the opportunity to meet like Aamos and her husband and Holly!

it was also a highlight to run a 2 mile turkey trot race with my son, although he quickly left me in his dust.

Tammy

2009 total: 2009 miles

Had a blast,

Paul

Nice.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

arigatou bijin-san

tetsujin - December 2009
                      131.0 miles (5 marathons)
                      . . 12/19/09  Enoshima Maranic - waraji w/8-mile barefoot beach run
                      . . 12/13/09  Hiratsuka Maranic - barefoot + various sandals
                      . . 12/12/09  120th Imperial Palace - jikatabi cloth construction shoes
                      . . 12/06/09  18th Akaho Gishi - waraji straw sandals
                      . . 12/05/09  Osaka Castle - geta wood sandals

=====================

YEARLY SUMMARY - 638.5 miles      

I don't know if reverse or accumulating PR's count but someone's gotta break

the ilene/ paul/tammy SIX PR tie so might as well put me down for 22 PR's as follows:
                      9. . (a) marathons in a year - 21 (9 times new PR with nos. 13 - 21)
                      5. . (b) reverse PR’s (5 - 7:23/7:43/8:23/8:44/9:15),
                      1. . (c) most marathons in one day - 2,
                      1. . (d) most marathons in two weekends - 4
                      1. . (e) most marathons in three weekends - 6
                      1. . (f) most foreign marathons (Japan) - 18
                      1. . (g) most missed marathons - 2 ($100ea) - Seattle RnR/Portland
                      1. . (h) most marathon in straw monk sandals - 9
                      1. . (i)  most marathons in wooden geta sandals - 3

1. . (j)  best event (93.5%):training (6.5%) ratio - 41.65:596.85 miles / 6.5:93.5 

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

#artbydmcbride

Wow! You win, tetsujin!  

Runners run

evanflein

I'm amazed to have run over 100 miles in December. For awhile there, it was looking highly unlikely.

December miles = 109

2009 miles = 1873.1, short of my goal of 2,000 but oh well. It is what it is.

No time PR's for me this year, but definitely a PR for master's get togethers and meet ups!

Disney Marathon in January, Boston in April, Rock-n-Roll Seattle in June and Royal Victoria in October all saw first time meetings with many masters/boomers I've been posting with for years, and many reunions with old friends. I hope 2010 is at least as good as 2009 in that respect.

Now... if I can just get off the DL long enough to have a good year of miles and races, that'd sure be cool!!

Jlynne

Thanks once again for organizing this, Carolyn - we are so grateful!

December miles: 136.3

Total miles for the year 1518.5

PR for a 5K and finished 2nd in AG

Ran more races this year than ever, and at the ripe old age of 57

Most importantly: still truly enjoying every opportunity to run

rlemert

I'm sure someone will beat this handily, but there seems to be a race on to see who's the anchor for this whole thing, so I'll proudly reset the bar with my lonely

December: 49.2

(As it is, it's the first month since May that I've actually run at least once in each week.)

2009:  510  (most of them in the first four months)

Discovery of the year: If you're not going to run outside, a treadmill is better than a 16 lap/mile track. I think putting my long runs in on this track, with all my turns in the same direction all the time, is what caused the ITBS/piriformis that killed my target half and lead to my DNS.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

December is easy--  0.00 miles running (a few with Max, but I didn't write them down)

And only a little over 250 for the year  

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.