Masters Running

Happy 4th! (7.4.19 daily) (Read 44 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Yesterday:

Henrun - 1 mile toe test.

Tramps - 4 H&H miles.

dnaff - 4 H&H miles.

Tet - 4K steps in an hour + 5 mile cycle 'mute with 2 mi. detour.

RunnerKSA - 3.2 muggy, muggy morning miles + 1.5 post-work TM miles.

Holly - 7 miles in 78° temps at 5:30AM with a surprise downpour.

Rochrunner - 4 H&H miles, claiming to be the soggiest.

Pfriese - 10.5 early Hanson miles in 80° temps.

anneb - 5 H&H miles + puppy walk miles.

Joe618 - 6 afternoon Minnesota miles.

Falconfixer - 5+ H&H morning miles at 9 min pace.

Spacityrunner - 4.5 trail walking miles with a friend.

StarrRuns - 1 hr. kayaking.

Fatozzig - 30 min on the elliptical + 20 min on the TM at the gym.

How were the Stones, Bioguy?

Keep enjoying Montauk, Marj & Henrun.

So sorry about the new cast, Evanflein, even if it is purple.

I'm glad you are getting along better with DD these days, Holly, despite the court difficulties.

So sorry about the loss of your SIL, Surly Bill. Tough for your brother to find her like that.

Me? I'm off to a race, as are many of you this morning. Good luck and have fun!

Have a greta Fourth!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

mrrun

Erika's cast from FB

Happy Fourth All!

Sorry about your loss, Surly Bill

Fleet feet and no falls to all racers,

Marj

bioguy

The Rolling Stones were fantastic last night. No "phoning it in", resting on laurels, or going through the motions. Solid 2 hour set, and for a bunch of guys in their mid to late 70's, well, I can't think of too many acts that could do the same.

Didn't get home till 1:30am; can't remember the last time that happened.

Hot and humid with a strong likelihood of storms for the next three days.

Tailwinds!

Henrun

3 miles on my recovering toe. Tried to beat the heat but poor night’s sleep had me going out about an hour later than I planned.

Condolences Surly Bill.

Erika- your finger will turn out a lot better than mine. At least I can still play a G# on my sax.

Happy Fourth and good racing.

Mike E

MM #5615

Good morning, everybody!  Happy Independence Day!

Very sorry to hear about your SIL, Bill.  I can't imagine what your brother is going through.

Congratulations on the praise and raise, Holly!  You are a very hard worker and you obviously care about your work.  I'm sure he knows that he is very luck to have you.

I did my 1st tempo run of the new training cycle, yesterday.  Ryan "tagged" along.  I told him, before we left, that I wanted to take it kind of easy and do them around 6:50.  It was hot and humid and I just didn't want to risk hurting myself by being stupid and going too hard too early.  The first mile was 6:41.  Crap!  I relaxed and tried to concentrate on form and to just take it easy.  The second mile was 6:40....as was the third.  Well, since I had already blown "taking it kind of easy" out the window, I finished them in 6:39 - 6:36 - and 6:31.  I'm stupid.  But I sure loved running with Ryan!  Have I ever told you how much I love running with Ryan?

On the way home form work, a couple days ago, I was stopped at a traffic light when a group of girls from the cross country team ran by, recognized me, and waved.  It got me all excited about the season starting up in about a month and a half.  It's even more exciting because Ryan will be here and he'll be an assistant coach, too.  Have I ever told you how much I love the cross country season?

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

dnaff

Oh Mike, those are good things to love!

Surly, condolences to your family.  A tough thing to get through for sure.

3 comfortable miles this morning; low humidity, no mosquitoes!   Then I took Misha for a mile walk.  Too hot to run a husky,  She's sound asleep on the cool tile floor; living the good life.

Puttering in the yard, some grilling, and some fireworks to round out the day.  Happy 4th everyone.

[[[bill]]]

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

pfriese

Morning all.

That's a pretty cast.

But I sure loved running with Ryan!  Have I ever told you how much I love running with Ryan?

On the way home form work, a couple days ago, I was stopped at a traffic light when a group of girls from the cross country team ran by, recognized me, and waved.  It got me all excited about the season starting up in about a month and a half.  It's even more exciting because Ryan will be here and he'll be an assistant coach, too.  Have I ever told you how much I love the cross country season?

Our local high school & middle school cross country teams have started running at the local park (& cross country track) on Tuesday & Thursday mornings. I see them on those mornings. A larger group than past years with a lot of new kids this year. Some runners from last year recognize me & always wave, say good morning and good to see you again. That always make a run day great.

This morning 6 birthday miles for me.

Paul

dg.

good morning & happy 4th!

I'm behind again and no time to catch up right now. 

yay for Holly, though I haven't found the details yet  ; )

Erika, that's lovely, but......

Surly Bill I'm so sorry.  that whole thing is so very sad.  condolences to you brother & your whole family. .... dogs included.

seems  you can make a rib thing worse if you're stupid, and I don't think there's an anti-stupid rule.  mebbe there should be.

am ok but definitely overdid somehow, not sure what it was.  the 10 miles were uncomfortable but I didn't  feel worse afterward.  last weekend I also got a  couple of good sized perennials off a cart and into the ground, was careful, slid them off the cart on plastic trays.  would have been better if I hadn't tweaked their positions.   but I think the culprit was an Aldis trip.  just 2 bags, & it was 93F, ish,... I carried the bags, which were heavy.  thing is,... if I'd taken them to the car in the cart & wheeled the cart back to the store, my chocolate would have melted.      and so naturally I had no choice.  But henceforth, they've hurt a lot more, actions are more limited.  Dr. said I likely made something shift, whatever that might mean.  He said running w/a little pain is ok, but I've tried twice & I can't.   PF yesterday early, bike & arc trainer & elliptical, and the leg weight machines.  (grumble)    very grateful for what I can do.

DSO has one of his gatherings today, flowers all picked to take & headed to plum market.  not a social butterfly, I deal with these by working.  that's going to be harder this time!  

Kevin, Maggie miles count.  glad you're still here.  I think it was Starr that asked, but I was wondering too. 

KSA I'm so glad the leash lift works! 

better get going.    hope you're all as well and happy as can be.   group hug.

Tramps

bioguy--living legends; glad you enjoyed it. (If you have Netflix, there's a nice documentary there about an earlier South American tour, "Ole, Ole".)

Surly Bill--condolences on your SIL. I like your family tradition.

Erika--ouch. I agree with Mike, though; nice color.

Mike--yeow. Nice run there.

((dg))

The sparrow chicks and mama we've been watching recently out our window suddenly disappeared without a trace yesterday. They were getting big so maybe it was just time to move on. I'm a little surprised we haven't seen any activity, though. We're empty nesters, I guess.

Steamy 22 miler on the bike this morning. My glasses were even fogging up at times.

I think it was the most people I've ever seen out walking, running, cycling on a single day around here. Everybody seemed to be out. Very unusual.

Enjoy your day! (Little Steven says happy 4th.)

Be safe. Be kind.

I'm so sorry, Bill.  It's hard to lose our loved ones- always.

That's a pretty cast, Erika, if that's any consolation! 

6.3 miles this morning with the local running group-  meaning I followed at the back.  Many did not do the full 10K, so I truly was the last one in.  They aren't as old as I am.....  It was good to have the water/gatorade stop and we all went to Starbucks afterwards.  Plus, our fearless leader had popsicles and watermelon at the finish area.  I did pretty well- treated it as a tempo run and kept reminding myself I wasn't racing!

Ken had a bike ride with his group starting at 6:30, so I had to get the dog out.  Ken got his food ready.  I could NOT get him to come back in- even with the harness.  He kept flopping down.  I was begging and even brought out a treat.  I thought I was going to miss the run!  Finally I convinced him to come back in the house.  The poor old guy-  everything is just really hard for him.  He's eating well, though.

No plans for the rest of the day!     Happy Independence Day!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Happy four mile and another 4,000 stairs Fourth-of-July.

Excellent job jay.

thanks.

Good luck today.

excellent cast, erika.

And the beauty of it is

you didn't even have to do it

on a trail run but on the regular sidewalk.

dg - what's the "O" on your DS?

Good luck.

Tramps - after two weeks of watching

the nest mama build right outside

the garage side entrance door,

we got Fourth-of-July chickadee

chicks this morning.

annual Fourth-of-July rant since moving to Seattle:

Unlike small town Fourths of my past, with none of Seattle’s 40+ radio stations playing patriotic music, no parade and not an Old Glory anywhere in sight plus having to wait until 10pm for the fireworks, it’s just business as usual. Glad we don't live in Seattle improper, I mean, "proper" as, over on the island, there's lots of company for our flags too but town is too small for anything else.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Dave59

I don't like heat or sun, but it's it's the 4th of July so that means it's race day. Today's run was in Gulf Breeze FL.

80+, sunny, humid, no breeze.... made for my 2nd slowest 5k, but it was a fun time. I took it very easy so I'd have energy for the grandkids all day.

Mike E

MM #5615

The sparrow chicks and mama we've been watching recently out our window suddenly disappeared without a trace yesterday. They were getting big so maybe it was just time to move on. I'm a little surprised we haven't seen any activity, though. We're empty nesters, I guess.

Smiley Face Thingy

Happy 4th, Friends!!

dg - *finger-wagging* 

Nice cast, Erika!

I'm at work for a few hours, then I'll head to Old Town where The Hub is smoking tri tips for the local Alano Club annual picnic.  I'm supposed to head there around 1:00-ish . . . even though I really don't want to . . .

Abbreviate core/ST this a.m. - 30 min.  Added something new and, well, the butt isn't appreciating it, so will be backing off of that exercise for awhile.  *sigh*   Anything like a step up or hill climb causes irritation.  Patience, Patience, Patience!

Enjoy ~~

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance