Masters Running

Sunday's Daily, 12.31.17 (Read 38 times)

spacityrunner

apparently Southern Runners Freeze to Death easier than other people......

True dat!

I did not shy away from the cold and windy 26f feels like 16f and managed 4.6 miles in 58 min for a 12:34 m/m. When I was running into the wind I thought I was going to freeze to death...other than that it was a very enjoyable way to bring 2017 to a close.

Trails Rock!

Mariposai

Just a quick post to thank each one of you for the inspiration and support you have been to me in 2017.

May you have fun welcoming the new year.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

I did not shy away from the cold and windy 26f feels like 16f and managed 4.6 miles in 58 min for a 12:34 m/m. When I was running into the wind I thought I was going to freeze to death...other than that it was a very enjoyable way to bring 2017 to a close.

Liz, we could/should have been running together today!  Same temperature, same distance, same time/pace!   Just not windy here for a change.

Happy new year to my RA family - you guys and gals are some of the kindest, funniest, and most supportive people I know!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

My daughter surprised me with Vikings tickets so, as soon as I got home from the game, I jumped on the treadmill to get 6 miles in before I have to rush out the door to get to a New Years party.

Gotta go. See ya!

C-R

Hello everybody!

My daughter wife surprised me and the boys with Vikings Colts tickets so, as soon as I got home from the game, I jumped on the treadmill to get 6 1 miles in to keep my streak alive before I have to rush out the door to get to a New Years party.

Gotta go. See ya!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy new Year's Eve to all!!  As others have said, this is a great community.  So glad to see some new folks join in, and of course, all the old timers, too!  Speaking of which, Hi Enke.  welcome back.

4 miles this morning in 8F.  Subtracted some clothing, but still a bit warmer than needed.

My thoughts for the coming year are best expressed by the excellent writer at the Bangor Police Facebook page (It's definitely worth liking so you can read more)

Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

All we have is each other.

We will be here.

TC 12-31-2017

https://www.facebook.com/bangormainepolice/?hc_ref=ARTTuy4nSlmLS46rCB_c-vyJseXtCl6ftlTEBkXLrg5PPVzANra2JjoOMQJGSg63O8A&fref=nf

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks jay!

You're the glue that keeps us goin', . . .paper, pen, ink too.

Whenever I think I'm too busy for something other people are counting on, I think of you up so early in the morning doin' the daily, day-in-and-day out.  Doesn't RA have volunteer service awards?

As a matter of fact, except for herein,

I haven't acquired a new friend in years.

26.2 miles in Japanese wooden geta.
                should make tomorrow Resolution 5K a cinch, . . .
                except for the Polar Bear jump into the lake
                at the end - - - brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. .  
                more in mari’s RR’s.

•  

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

coastwalker you are amazing with the daily recap. Very grateful for the effort you put in to make it happen.

Happy new year all. May you all get everything you want in the next year. (My late mother's toast.)

I did an hour on the elliptical this morning. Tomorrow is another scheduled run day. It is also a scheduled below 20° too. So it is likely I will be on the treadmill again.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

coastwalker you are amazing with the daily recap. Very grateful for the effort you put in to make it happen.

+1

We're ringing in the new year with me trying to get over the crud.  Not exactly an exciting weekend.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year ~~

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

12.6 miles in 5° with a little breeze from the NW (don't know the windchill), which was cold when running into it but nice with it behind me. It was supposed to get warmer than that today but it never happened, so glad I dressed for 5°. Got me to 36.1 for the week and 171.3 for the month.

Thanks to all who contribute, share, celebrate and commiserate here. So nice to welcome the new folks (RW's loss is our gain!) and always nice to see the lurkers come out and say hi. Jay, you've been a consistent source of great summaries and commentary over the year. Much appreciated and I hope you can continue.

We'll be going up to the fireworks show on campus at 8, then the plan is to toast the New Year at midnight but I'm never sure we'll make it. We're night owls though, so the odds are good. Smile  On to 2018!

Marathon Maniac #957

as dam repairs will close the dam road.

Hey Paul, watch your language...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."