Masters Running

Mon Dec 22 Runs and etc. (Read 510 times)

evanflein

Enke! That looks sort of like my house! I'm just amazed at how much snow you guys are getting. Where in the Seattle area are you?
      Tim, what Mari said. No leaving. Byll, take a road trip. Come to Tallahassee the end of January. Still cold here. A.
      Masters 2000 miles
        Holy cow, Enke! Beautiful pictures . . . although your BBQ grill looks lonely and forlorn! Had a phone message from the in-laws who are back in St. Helens, OR, for Christmas. Said they were having blizzard conditions yesterday. Bet they're wishing they'd stayed in Yuma, AZ!! Fourth day of no running for me. Yesterday and today were just pure laziness, but I can't remember the last time I took a few days and relaxed without doing anything. Maybe last year January when we were on vacation? But even then we were on the go every single day and put in miles of walking, let alone my running. It has felt wonderful, but tomorrow morning I have to get myself back in "the mode." Our office will be closing down for the rest of the week as of noon tomorrow. Yippee!!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #3309

LOL, I forgot to mention I broke two toes last Sat night getting up for a drink of water, and stubbing my toes real bad on my TV stand...and yes, the same stoopid foot that is injuried...all I can really do is laugh, really Big grin Doctor said nothing could be done, but live through some pain for awhile Sad If Holly can, I Emailed her pictures of my broken toes, and a picture of the big vein on the back of my leg that had to be repaired....looks pretty good now...and a picture of me still smiling Smile Wow, Mari was pretty persuasive about me hanging around...thanks to all of you Smile Stubbling and limping around TimBo...and no alcohol was involved Big grin

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

TammyinGP

Wow Enke - those pics are amazing! It's so hard to fathom that that is the Seattle area and not Montana or something! TimBo - I understand. Sometimes it's easier to just not post much. Of course, we want you to continue posting, but do what you have to do to cope with this time better. If it makes it easier to get through this by not posting, then so be it. Besides, I have your email and if you are gone too long, I'll still harass you. Wink here's our big 3 inch snow storm last week: Photobucket

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I will not be posting much anymore till I can run again...
              huh? If running's required to be posting with friends, I'm in big trouble. You're the first taper buddie I've ever had and your feelin' you should quit for a while is just like I used to feel every winter until you came along out-of-the-blue. However, if you don't leave, I promise to bag the Resolution Run on New Year's Day and then won't have to run until you do or March 1 (when my running season starts again) at the earliest. Quite frankly, it's so snowy and nonrunny out this year that I feel about the same depression about not running as your prolonged recovery makes you. Though it's my brain, or lack thereof, that keeps me from winter running, I'm get just as depressed about not doin' it and have appreciated your buddyship more than you can imagine. thanks buddie.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

xor

Enke! That looks sort of like my house! I'm just amazed at how much snow you guys are getting. Where in the Seattle area are you?
                Inky lives on the east side... Now, I live in Seattle at the top of one of the hills. I have 15 inches in my yard, and a couple 3-4 ft drifts... been shoveling it away from my house this morning. Phew. I have a 90 ft evergreen in the middle of my backyard. Sometime last night, it got kind of breezy, and a huge limb broke off from about halfway up. Luckily, it didn't hit anything except the ground. I'll post a few pictures later, maybe. Although they will look a lot like Inky's. I have two very small dogs. They do not know what to make of snow that's as deep as they are tall. I had to carve a little dog park into my front yard for them. More snow tomorrow night! Yeehaw!

King of PhotoShop

These weather stories are amazing. Hard to remember when I was a NY'er and dealt with that every year. Thanks so much everyone for viewing Riblet's video. It meant a lot to him to see all those hits. 28 degrees here and still. The Saint and I ran an easy 4.5 this morning. Now everyone in the house is off to do errands, last minute shopping etc., but thankfully no shoveling. Spareribs
                  TammyinGP

Ribs - I still need to view Riblet's video. I only have dial up at home and it's too slow for video's, but I'm at work today with HS, so will go back and look for the link!

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #3309

Enke and Tammy, baaautifull pictures. Must have miss that Ribs...I will go back and find the link. Ok, tet made a really good point - dude, you have helped me through this more than you know...taper buddie Smile T Bo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #957

Enke and Tammy – nice photos! Tim – I got your e-mail and was able to upload the photos to post. Here’s the vein in back of foot: Here’s the poor toes: But Tim’s still smiling...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

I never would have recognized Tim with a shirt on Clowning around ouch on the toes! Shocked

Tammy

Tim with shirt and jacket. These injuries are making him soft. Hello again everyone. Snow day today so I am about to make like a kid and go play run in the snow. It is a comfortable 18 degrees with the wind chill all the way up to 1. Tammy-love the picture of your house, very nice. Ribs-Talented kids are really annoying, tell Riblet to knock it off.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Hey, it was 0 degrees this morning when one of my techs took that picture of me....0 is wear I draw the line being shirtless Tongue The vein in the one picture was abut 5 times that big, before the minor surgery to stop the blood leaking into my foot and leg. I hate this bitter cold crap with below 0 windchills....Erika, I don't see how you live this way soooo many months of the year...but I still wish I was out there running in those conditions regardless Sad TimBo

Renee the dog

Hey, it was 0 degrees this morning when one of my techs took that picture of me....0 is wear I draw the line being shirtless Tongue
                                Wuss. Tongue

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!