Masters Running

Weekly Weigh-In Drama (Read 386 times)

Never, never, never, never give up. (Winston Churchill)

Hello, my friends ~  Down to 145.5 this a.m.  23 days to lose the last 5.5 (that is if I keep off what I've lost.)

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Woo Hoo!

I was still at 115 this morning, a victory considering the dinner and concert last weekend.  I really want to drop 4-5 lbs before the AF Marathon and see if that shaves any time off my PR.  Of course, I still want to have fun at the various events we have planned this summer.  And am not willing to completely give up drinking.  Or sugar.

Here's my goal for the week:  On Saturday night, at the baseball game, I will have NO PEANUTS.  Only beer.  Lite beer.  and only 2 of them. 

There.  I feel better.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

nice job Leslie!!

holly - love your attitude!!

well, my drama is i'm back up those 3lbs i thought i lost ... so frustrating!! 

this is so where i DONT want my weight to be -- up 2 or 3 down 2 or 3 like a yo-yo ........ dont feel like my eating is that bad so why cant i get it under control?

and yes, with summer and fun events coming i want to be good but not miserable -- so sam LIGHT is in my fridge for the occasional beer...........which i just might need if my Celtics keep me biting my nails tonight!

denise

evanflein

Denise, remember though... 2 to 3 lbs can be a typical fluctuation of water weight from too much salt, not drinking enough water, a heavy meal, etc. If they kind of keep coming and going, I've told myself not to worry too much. Now... those pounds that come and don't leave, that's another issue. I was up to 146.5 this January, and I kept waiting for it to just drop off. When it didn't, I knew it was for real. I'm down to about 140 now, and that's anywhere from 139 to 141 most days (140 today). I'd still like to drop a couple more, but not enough to sacrifice anything (obviously), but for now that's ok.
          mrpat

Down 2 to 168. But I did have some drama this week with a fluctuating scale. On Monday I get on and 169.4, higher than I thought it should be, get on again and now it says 171, try a third time . . . 173.4, 4th, 5th and 6th 173.4. No matter where I move it to get a different reading . . . 173.4. But gradually this week it gets back down and now it seems steady at 166 to 168 . . . why do they torture us like that?

Leslie, if you keep having weeks like that you should make your goal.

I haven't really given anything up, just reduced portions and no work doughnuts. I did give up coffee in January but that was not to lose weight.

SteveP

Kewl Leslie!!!!

199 and holding. Last weekend brought receptions and a graduation party. I've found that hostesses are not as pushy with food when I asked them when their baby is due or comment as to how brave they are for having a child at their age. The side of my face is bruised...but.....

SteveP

Prince of Fatness

I hear you.  I haven't weighed myself in about 3 weeks so who knows what I weigh now.  I've had to stop running due to my hamstring so I guess I had a little pity party with the food and beer.  Oh well.  I think I have righted myself, getting in an hour of yoga each day this week and the food intake has been back to about where it should be.

I need to get back on the stick so I will be stepping on the scale next week, like it or not.

Not at it at all. 

up 3 pounds this week but I figured I would bounce back a little after I started eating again after my 10 day extreme calorie reduction. Lost 6 and gained 3 so the net loss is about 3 pounds so I'll take it.  It is so hard this time of year with all the summer activities to be good on a regular basis. I usually can just count my calories and stay at 1500 and lose a steady 2 pounds a week and not have it effect my energy level but this time of year with open houses , cook outs , baseball games etc. A weekend can blow that plan right out of the water.

Good luck  and good job for those who are winning the battle

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

180.6, from 181.0 last week.  meh.  Gonna be a long way to 162.  But,

TammyinGP

with much intrepidation, I stepped on the scale this morning. and was surprised to find it exactly where I was just prior to Newport. and I'm okay with that.

Tammy

I'm having to get back into my "Weight Watchers" discipline mode again.  It's not easy sometimes, but it's eventually effective.  Summer fruit season is definitely helping since I'm willing to forgo those little chocolate candies for watermelon, grapes, blueberries, cherries - Yum!

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I hate scales!!! up 3 lbs. In one week. That's one week of no running. Can you imagine what will happen if I don't get this under control? I'll have to change my log-on name to "Pillsbury doughboy" or "Stapuff marshmallow girl." Not being able to run is depressing enough - not running AND gaining weight is too much pain for one woman to stand

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

{{{{JLynne}}}  Sad

Yesterday I was down a pound and today I knew better than to get on the scale after having salty snacks last night.     Just like Winston (hey, that's a good puppy name), I won't give up!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com