Masters Running

Mondaily, 4.22.19 (Read 40 times)

Did David happen to say how painful it was for him?

I'm guessing Mike was talking about how painful it was for the doc. 

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

lol. yeah, probably painful for the doc too. I really can't imagine having to force a shoulder back into place knowing how excruciating it is for the patient.

talked to David this morning when he finally got up (9:30 lol ) said he slept ok but rolled over on it a couple times which woke him up.

gee, between david's injury,  my mom's broken ankle and subsequent surgery, my dad's cancer, my brother's knee surgery tomorrow and my husband's dental implant procedure tomorrow, I'm feeling like I better just wrap myself in bubble wrap if I go anywhere, or just stay home and be as safe as I can before I run out of luck also.

Tammy

Joe618

since

I don't like to wear my glasses,

I also

say Hi to-

mailboxes

large bushes next to the road

and

the occasional mid-sized tree

ROFL.    +1!!

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

lol. yeah, probably painful for the doc too. I really can't imagine having to force a shoulder back into place knowing how excruciating it is for the patient.

talked to David this morning when he finally got up (9:30 lol ) said he slept ok but rolled over on it a couple times which woke him up.

gee, between david's injury,  my mom's broken ankle and subsequent surgery, my dad's cancer, my brother's knee surgery tomorrow and my husband's dental implant procedure tomorrow, I'm feeling like I better just wrap myself in bubble wrap if I go anywhere, or just stay home and be as safe as I can before I run out of luck also.

Or steal some of their pain killers . . . .

Leslie
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

I'm guessing a 10, based on pain from 1-10.

Yeah, but you can always pull the Labor and Delivery card....

TomWhite -

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

Or steal some of their pain killers . . . .

I was just wondering the last time I felt amazing, and well, there it was...

Lazy Monday for me - have I ever mentioned that I really hate Mondays at work - meetings, meetings, and more meetings.  So often on Monday mornings I just have trouble facing the day, and it is the easiest day to talk myself into lazing in bed a little longer after DH gets up.

So, I only had time for a 20-minute light weights and core workout.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

everyone in my family turns down pain killers - my mom didn't want any for her broken ankle or for post-surgery. My DH declined a Rx following his surgical procedures to blast up all his kidney stones last year, and David is just using over the counter strength ibuprofen.  I asked him if they gave him a RX and was actually relieved they didn't. He got a low dose pain killer from the paramedics but he said that wore off in a couple hrs. and believe it or not, I found a very old Rx for oxycodone about 4 yrs ago that was given to me after I had David  (so the Rx was like 15 yrs old!) and I never took any of those other. Man, that stuff probably had some good street value too 

eta: Annie doesn't turn down her painkillers  - So, for those extreme times, we do have some tramadol or meloxicam  

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Tammy - I was not offered painkillers after the birth of either of my children, and frankly, after the whole birth process was over, I really didn't need anything more than ibu - not sure if I took even that.  I don't think I would have taken them if offered anyway, due to breast feeding (I was a little paranoid about only healthful stuff going into my system.)  However, I was pretty annoyed that I didn't get my promised epidural for DS's delivery - apparently I was too far gone when I got to the hospital, and so got to enjoy the "natural" birth process, forceps and all.

. . . and so got to enjoy the "natural" birth process, forceps and all.

And there you go - one of the reasons this body did not spew forth a child.

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

I was more afraid of the epidural than the pain, so no needle in the back for me! 

3 miles outside from work after work.  It was 80 and sunny, but low humidity.  Tried to keep the effort easy but got moving a little too fast (higher HR) by the 3rd mile.

We got an email today saying our gym (Prairie Life- a small chain originating in Omaha) is closing in 2 weeks.  I'm not surprised. The fancy Lifetime Fitness moved in 18 months ago or so and sort of took over, even though it is more expensive.  I had been feeling guilty for not going anyway.  My husband uses it mainly in the winter for spin class and weights.  He bikes outside the rest of the year.  We are going to see what the options are in the fall.  Lifetime is really close to our house, but it's expensive for what we use a gym for (unless I'm injured).  I do have my own treadmill and our work gym.  We shall see. 

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Holly S. all the best to your son. He is obviously doing well.

tetsujin209 I see you are giving fatozzig a run for her on a roll money. Great IFIFY fix!

As to pain, I would be seriously happy not to have to deal with it again. Alas, I think that only happens after a much less desirable event.  Today I decided to do an hour on the elliptical. I also managed to watch the second half of the Boston Marathon. So now I can finally look at running news web pages again!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

5.5 basically normal miles today! Hardly any coughing.

My partner had both her kids at home, with midwives (one of them is John Fogerty's daughter). The second kid, the boy, was born in a tub of water. I assume he must be part dolphin.

I decided to take along my state of the art iPhone3 to take a picture of the goslings. Here's the trail where I run most of my miles out of convenience, the trailhead where I get on is about a mile from my front door. There's about 2.5 miles with the dirt jogging path next to the paved trail, but the paved path goes uninterrupted without crossing any streets for at least 6-7 miles on this stretch of the Bay Trail.

Image may contain: sky, tree, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: tree, plant, outdoor and nature

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Yeah, Tammy, that type of injury really does hurt! I dislocated mine once long ago falling off my dirt bike. I managed to drive myself to the hospital where it took a couple of guys pulling on it to pop it back in. Amazingly, as soon as it popped in the pain about totally disappeared and I felt like I could just stand up and walk out the door! But of course it had to go in a sling, some p.t., etc. before it was right. To this day, I still do some of the exercises they showed me to strengthen the shoulder, which could always be prone to another dislocation since the ligaments were stretched out. No problems since though, and it's been about 40 years!

In other words, David's prognosis should be good.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Great pictures, Surly Bill!  Love the babies!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I still have a cold and feel like crap.  But I managed to get 10 miles in, which included 4 x 1.5 at around a 6:30 pace.

Speaking of heart rates...I had a physical, this morning.  The assistant starting me off put a clip on my finger that I thought was an oxygen sensor so I was nice and relaxed.  When she took it off, though, she said, "Oh...this can't be right...do you normally have a low heart rate?"  I her told that I was a runner.  Unimpressed, she said, "Well, this said 44...let's try a your other hand,"  and clipped it on another finger.  Well, now, I knew what she was doing and, of course, I wanted to show her that I did, in fact, have a 44 and was trying real hard to calm down and keep my rate low...but it went up to 48, which she entered on my chart.  When the doctor came in, he said, "Your heart rate is 48.  Are you a runner?"  I told him that I was and he said, "Well, since you're a runner, I guess I won't be too concerned about it then."  I'm still kind of confused.  I was expecting a nice pat on the back and they made me feel like I was close to being rushed into the emergency room.  I guess everything else was okay, though...except he put me on Flomax because I pee too often.

Okay--that's all I got.  See ya!