Masters Running

Tuesdaily, 3.26.24 (Read 37 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' Masters.

I'm in a bit of a hurry this morning - I'm hosting a Zoom roundtable discussion group in less than an hour, and still have a bit of prep to do.I also have an evening meeting that looks like it'll go long so I know I'll be dragging by the time my head hits the pillow tonight.

I didn't get out early yesterday, but I did find a way to squeeze in 1.6 miles during the day to at least get the day's box checked.

I did get out early this morning for 7.3 RW miles with negative splits in 36° temps under cloudy skies, and then did about 30 minutes of good stretching and a bit of core work. I have a 15K (9+ miles) race on Saturday, so this was my last prep workout for that.

Have a greta Tuesday, and get some tacos if you can.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Dave59

3.15 miles this morning in some rain. I took a chance that it wouldn't rain too hard and it worked out.

I could use some motivation at work, so if any of you have some extra laying around, please send it my way. Thanks.

Sees-the-Ground

barefootin'

4 miles and lucky to get to run in the rain for 2 of them.

Bill Wagnon / stl

Good morning Masters!!

Yesterday the walk between the garage and the hospital both ways

Today 5.2 miles with the SoleSister crew - now time to shower and get ready for a 90 minute massage!!!

I love birthday week!!

Happy Tuesday

denise

Marathon Maniac #957

Nice to see Sees-The-Ground and Wannaberunner checking back in.

Rain here this morning and I am still dragging, but I got in about 25 minutes of core and lower body weights.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tramps

Thanks for the start, Jay.

Nice to see Sees-The-Ground and Wannaberunner checking back in.

+1

Big hockey game tonight. I'm enjoying watching my Caps make an improbable run for a playoff spot while Ovechkin, their gray-haired 38-year-old captain, is on a scoring flurry (7 goals in 4 games). Fun while it lasts. The best part is seeing the youngsters they've brought up from the minors find their stride amongst the few remaining veterans.

Gorgeous sunny day here in the mid-30s; IRC for my 5-miler.

Be safe. Be kind.

I was looking at the  LinkedIn account discussion on yesterday's daily

so far-

my CVS pt account has maxed out at 11 login attempts

my FleetFeet account ( in North Carolina) will close out if I don't change my password

and

my Amazon package cannot be delivered from the warehouse unless I contact UPS

thoughtfully

links were provided for each of these

it's amazing

how realistic they make the websites look>>>>>>>I use NONE of these, but I Was Impressed by the effort

I expect

a Nigerian Prince to check in with me at any moment

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Tramps

Re: scams.  One I'd read about--and my FIL was just targeted for--involves scraping info from obituary notices and then contacting family members--using individualized personal info--re: supposedly unresolved issues with the deceased's estate. They use faux investment firm websites (Fidelity, Vanguard, etc.) that suggest the possibility of unclaimed money....etc. Quite subtle in execution.

Be safe. Be kind.

Thanks for the start, Jay.

Tom

Sees-the-Ground and Wannabe sightings!

30+ min of core/ST after work yesterday with a concentration on core and hips.  I thought I was doing good in the core department until Saturday's run and the follow-up aching low back.

This morning it was another 50 +/- core/ST.

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

Tramps, that's one of the reasons we did not publish an obit for my dad in the paper and even on the mortuary websites, we only published the bare minimum but no mention of when the memorial service is taking place, or any info about his life history. We figure everyone that we want to know the details about his service, will hear about it from us, so no need to publish it. 

Tammy

Treadmill miles seem longer somehow.  Heavy rain and winds this morning ( out in it at 4 and 6 am with the dog) so finally managed to get on the treadmill at 11 am.  5.2 miles done.

Thanks for the start, Jay.  Good luck with your meetings!

Not sure if I mentioned that Vanderbilt got their new basketball coach.  I'm still grieving from the breakup with Jerry Stackhouse, but we stole got this guy, Mark Byington, from James Madison U in Virginia.  Seems like a good hire.  We shall see.  I'm sure he'll appreciate all the coaching and recruiting help he'll get from X/Twitter from our fans.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Steve - I was trying to think the last time I had any supervision, or listened to any if I ever had any and the ROTC drill practice. under the UW cherry trees I couldn't stay away from again this morning reminded me it was probably when I was an ROTC cadet there too from '61-'63, getting out just in time before Vietnam would have kept me in. Have you ever had any of, if so, that you listened to either?

The best part is seeing the youngsters they've brought up from the minors find their stride amongst the few remaining veterans.

Tramps - though not the Kraken, for the first time since I became a sumo fan in the sixties, the winner of this year's March tournament was a neophyte to the top Makunouchi Division this time (first time a first timer won a tournament over the ~40 more experienced rikishi wrestlers in 110 years since 1914) and the next four contenders had moved up from the lower ranks in January. Very exciting anticipation for May's third tournament of the year.

Made sure to get up early by 6:00 am to not miss the 6:30 am Metro bus out to the UW again to enjoy the 7:00 am dawning but this time with a light sprinkling of the overnight drizzle reflecting on the red brick pathways and pale pink pedals. No wonder I love Daylight Savings Time so much.

Tammy - hmm. I was going to make up for no memorial service, celebrations, etc. with the obit but, since who cares, especially me, why not not.

ps - where did you publish the minimum you could?

pps KSA - the UW and WSU out here just hired new coaches from second round losers too. I wish if"d been Stackhouse, . . . even if just as a ruse to get you out here again sometime, . . . (extraneous comment: since you seem to go everywhere else.    Wink   end EC)

ppps Wannabe - I'm definitely with Holly on not s wannabe any more with your photo exactly as I saw aamos doing in one of our Seattle' Marathon Boomer Reunion runs back in the oughts.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

I'll get there, tet!  I had those business trips to the area, but I was so over-scheduled!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

TammyinGP

Tammy - hmm. I was going to make up for no memorial service, celebrations, etc. with the obit but, since who cares, especially me, why not not.

ps - where did you publish the minimum you could?

It's just on the actual website of the funeral home we are going through. They can publish as little as birth and death date, or whatever detail you want. 
                              They did add the slide-show of pics we are playing at the memorial to his obit page. lots of good pics of my dad all through his years and a few of yours truly at various ages. 
                              https://www.since1928hull.com/obituaries/david-kendall

Tammy

Tammy - The slideshow is really cool.  And good grief - You look just like your mom!! 

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance