Masters Running

It's Friday - 5/26 (Read 27 times)

Dave59

Good morning folks.

Our official racers this weekend:

05/26 Opie - Tutu Mile, Tucson, AZ

05/27 BerthaSlayer - Bayshore Marathon, Traverse City MI

05/28 Marj (and family) - Red Hook Brewery 5K, Portsmouth,N.H.

05/28 Henrun - RedHook Brewery 5K, Portsmouth,N.H.

05/29 Tramps - Civitans 10K, Fredericksburg, VA

I ran 3.08 this morning in conditions almost too perfect.  55°, sunny, no humidity. I almost didn't want to go back home to work.

If I wake up feeling good Monday morning I plan to hop in my car and drive over to Ironton Ohio and run a 5k.

One of the guys in the Michigan running group I was part of is running 125 miles from Midland to Traverse City and once there he will run the Bayshore Marathon:  https://www.facebook.com/Matt-Goes-Long-Really-Long-1717202841910466/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

Marathon Maniac #957

Good luck to the Weekend Racers!

7.1 miles for me this morning in a lovely 59 degrees.

I saw the new Matt Damon movie last night - The Great Wall.  Not especially good, but not terrible.

Happy Friday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Good luck, racers!

1.2 easy miles this morning before a long run tomorrow.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tramps

Dave--Thanks for starting us off.  That's a helluva warm-up for a marathon.

Speaking of movies...or in this case documentaries.  If you have Netflix and haven't seen "Get Me Roger Stone," it's well worth a look.  Fix yourself a drink first, though.

And for you data geeks (and even if you're not)...a fascinating and beautifully presented analyses of: "Are Pop Lyrics Getting More Repetitive."

EZ 5 today.

Have a good long weekend!

ETA: More data goodness, this time on the "contagious" nature of running in social networks.

Be safe. Be kind.

catwhoorg

Labrat

Back from China, had a decent nights sleep, got up and ran 7 and change.

Now to attend to the yardwork backlog that has built up in my absence.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Are pop lyrics most repetitive?  I'll just say yes, as it the new carp "country," and move along.

Dang that IS quite the pre-marathon warm-up.

So in other words, Holly, wait 'til it comes out on video?

Did anybody watch the "Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" when it was on PBS a few weeks ago?  I missed it, but read the book and the book was fantastic.

I'm trying to ween myself off my HRT medication.  Not sure if that was the cause of my head sweats all night, but I was kept awake enough that getting up at 4:30 to run was not an option.  I did pull myself up at 5:30, though, so I could get to work early so I can leave early.  Ends up my nephew plans to be here between 4:30 and 5:00 this afternoon as opposed to around 9:30 or 10:00 tonight.  I need food in the house.  Not sure he and his girlfriend would be willing to eat yogurt, bagels and oatmeal all weekend. 

We're taking them to the start of the Kinectic Sculpture Race tomorrow.  Should be fun roaming around Arcata and checking out all the weird people (Arcata is full of them, with or without the race).

Good luck to our races and have a grand weekend, friends ~~

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I need food in the house.  Not sure he and his girlfriend would be willing to eat yogurt, bagels and oatmeal all weekend. 

leslie - I strongly urge you to tell them that you guys

are sorry but you're not too extravagant on the food.

Let them buy food for you if they don't like it!

L:ast Friday, I adjusted my morning run to afternoon to experience temps into the eighties for the first time since last August.  Now it looks like the entire three days of the Memorial Day weekend are not only going to be rainless for the first time in 22 years but that, for the first time in history, I guess, all three days are going to be cloudless and sunny into the 80's too.  I hope enke is getting to enjoy it too. yippee!

Five miles this morning in the comfy fifties. .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

it looks like the entire three days of the Memorial Day weekend are not only going to be rainless for the first time in 22 years but that, for the first time in history, I guess, all three days are going to be cloudless and sunny into the 80's too. 

We took on the 3 days of rain/thunderstorm forecast for you, in an effort to balance out the universe....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Yeah, and we took on the cold with a cold snap we haven't seen in years if not decades. Glad I didn't plant those seedlings that seemed so ready to go in the garden, because apparently the ground wasn't ready for them! We had an ice storm last night and snow this morning, with lows last night in the mid-30's. And snow this morning! Geez... this is late May, right?? So I put my little plants in the garage last night, and only put them back out today around noon when the temps barely crossed 50°. They went back in tonight because we're looking at low 30's tonight. Good grief. After tomorrow it should get better and we can plant on Sunday.

Spent the day in the house for the most part, because I took the day off to work in the garden.  So... that wasn't happening! Ended up having a good day of house puttering, which is one of my favorite activities that I rarely get to do. Went for a run after shopping, and it was one of the best runs I can remember in a long time. Go figure. Didn't push the pace but had a good run at a good run with almost no stops except for traffic. 9.6 miles, 8:16 average pace which was a total surprise considering I didn't push it at all. Yay. Needed this.