Masters Running

Friday, April 9 - wake up everyone! (Read 622 times)

Henrun

Thank you all for your birthday greetings. I just ran 76 minutes in the rain to celebrate my 76th. The celebration week continues tonight.
    evanflein

Have fun Henry!

Kimmie, it's in the upper teens/lower 20's this week and I dropped DS2 off at school yesterday in shorts, ankle socks and slip on sandals. It seems to be a look the soccer kids go for. I've given up on trying to get them to dress for the weather.

And as for allergies, I started my nasal steroid spray (generic for Flonase) today. Should have built up a good resistance for the birch pollen I hear is thick on the east coast. I used to just suffer miserably every May/June when our birch trees go nuts. Now I start this stuff 2-3 weeks before the pollen hits and I'm just fine. Love it.

Holly... Ninja Assassin? That's too funny. And yes, Tramps, I've heard that Where the Wild Things Are is really not a kids movie even though a lot of parents took their little ones to it. But then, the original book is a bit dark, too. I do want to see it though.

I remember a book series for kids about a big black dog named Carl. We used to love reading that to the boys when they were little. Carl was quite the dog.

Cold here this morning, temps in the single digits to low teens, but the sun is shining and it should be a nice bright day, albeit a little cold. Hope it warms up a bit tomorrow, I have a 5k to run and DS1 has his first track meet. But he may not run... he also has an AP Statistics test and we're not sure of the time yet, and that takes priority. It's also Prom night tomorrow! He has a date (yay!) and wants to take my car. Maybe I should make him wash it... it's coated in mud.

No run for me today, but I'll try to get to the gym sometime. But maybe not.

Happy Birthday, Henry - nice way to celebrate your 76th - congratulations!!

Thanks dg, Jeanne and Carolyn - I really don't like the elliptical - I tolerate it because A) I'm deadly serious about losing weight which means I have to do something aerobic for a long time and B) the stoopid foot is just not up to running daily.   I am delighted that I have found something other than running that helps with the weight loss. 

Jeanne - keeping the house clean has got to be the hardest part of selling a house - hugs my friend!

Holly - glad the grump has been easier to work with lately!

dg - how's the code??

Kimmie - hope the doc can fix you up so you can sleep - Boston's just around the corner!!

Perch - glad to hear that Boston is in your future - keep icing!

I was gonna stick to just one workout today, but the lure of the weights was too strong.  In truth  I've become addicted to "the View".  I listen to the broadcast while I'm doing my weight workout - makes the hour go by quickly.

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Kimmie - I just work out with dumbbells at home.   

I'm sure Mr. Holly and the Hollysters take offense to this statement!

But seriously folks...count me in for the “Screeching Halt”™ taper plan.  Just fizzy lifting, stepperfication, and spin cycle this morning.  I did win the "sweatiest spinner" in class today - the puddles merged into a pond by the end of the session.  I hope I didn't gross everyone out too badly.

dg.

PBJ,   ruh roh.   what brought you to a "Screeching Halt"™ Taper???

Byll.... Stoopid Lite(™) semed like a step up for me.  Big grin.

Holly, I like your way of handling your exercises with the dumbbells ;-).    I have tried to be methodical but haven't found a good method yet.  I'll try it.   

Eliz, glad you got a nice run in!  yay for Nike Frees :-).   Be careful, now.

Thanks Holly, Sue, Jeanne, Carolyn.....    ...  this is good.  there is a nurse who is a runner, goes to my gym, she was working in the recovery room when I was there!   & she tells me it takes 6 weeks to get it back together.  (assuming it was together in the first place).   All of this helps because it is so hard being patient when one's very own surgeon says it's ok.     I do think it might have been good to wait a few more days. but I think it's ok.

Sue, my code is getting better, thanks!   after I read your post I sat here for a minute confused.    my main responsibility here is programming, & I have 2 big ugly projects that I've buried under other things because I don't even want to think about them yet.   I couldn't remember whining about them!

Slo

Sue, my code is getting better, thanks!   after I read your post I sat here for a minute confused.    my main responsibility here is programming, & I have 2 big ugly projects that I've buried under other things because I don't even want to think about them yet.   I couldn't remember whining about them!

LMAO ! 

I'm with you DG.  I am a Developer too and every time I see someone mention that they have a "code" it takes me a minute or three to translate that to "cold".  I always think "They're coders too?"

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

dg.

Slo, Byll,  Big grin

the bad part is, I'm the one that said I habba code.  :-) 

Slo

Slo, Byll,  Big grin

I know....thats why it's so damn funny !

BTW, I had no idea what Sue was talking about until you responded.....then the light went on !

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Slo, Byll,  Big grin

and I looked at that and thought why is Deb insulting Byll?  then I saw the comma

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Beginner all over again

Hello Everyone,

Mind if I join ya?

Today is the First Day of my year-long training for my First Marathon

Day 1 -- rest day for me

Henry -- nice to meet ya, and Happy Birthday to you!

0 weeks done, 52 weeks to go

(Training for My First Marathon)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

you people are silly today - must be the Friday funnies!!

Welcome FrancesRe!!!  Big grin

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Slo

Hi Frances

Welcome to the masters group !

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Today is the First Day of my year-long training for my First Marathon

Day 1 -- rest day for me

0 weeks done, 52 weeks to go

(Training for My First Marathon)

You're funny.. Welcome, you fit right in this nut house Smile

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

SteveP

I've met SteveP.  Be Afraid.  Be Very Afraid.

I'm just your average married guy who wears tights and dresses his dog in capes...Big deal

SteveP