Masters Running

Wednesdaily, 6.6.18 (Read 33 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Tuesday’s workouts:
    Sees-the-Ground (6 cool miles)
    RunnerKSA (3.4 morning miles in good weather)
    Quickadder (5.4 EZ morning miles with DD in 74 dew point)
    Henrun (1.5 mile run between appointments)
    Fatozzig (3 post-work miles?)
    Tomwhite (150 min of hill repeats with weights in mid-80s temps)
    C-R (7.2 challenging Red Rocks trail miles)
    Tet (20 min pool test of new fog-free goggles)
    Evanflein (6.6 miles, mostly before the rain began)

KSA, I heard that sad story on the news this evening. To quote an oldie, and to your point: “There’s something happening here. What it is ain’t exactly clear.”

Thanks for the toe-protector link, TW.

Great photo, Tramps.

2 out of 3 isn’t bad, Stumpy, except #3 was apparently kind of critical.

Good luck at tonight’s graduation all-nighter, Tammy.

Fatozzig - what’s wrong with some miles at 4:30AM, except that it’s a little late?

Great photos on Relieve from Red Rocks, C-R.

Falling asleep in the dentist’s chair is a lost art, Tet.

Memo to self: Don’t egg Holly’s house without a full mask on…

I’m very sorry to learn of your uncle’s passing, Mariposai.

Somehow, our cat also knows when I’ve quietly opened the cat carrier in the garage and am coming to get her. All of a sudden, she is nowhere to be found, so I just have to sit and wait her out till her curiosity gets her and she comes out. She’ll always eventually come out, but it takes patience.

I went 6.4 relatively quick RW miles this AM in 52° temps, and under more overcast skies. So it goes.

Have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tramps

Memo to self: Don’t egg Holly’s house without a full mask on…

I'd even rather go without after once having to race back to DD's house to retrieve forgotten trunks before DD saw me and figure out that I'd left then 6-yo GS in the men's dressing room waiting for me on his own without a responsible adult in charge for the first time in his life but, as I should have realized would happen, I kind of vaguely heard a "where's my son?:?:?:?" as I slipped back out to the car to drive the half-mile back from their place to the pool.  Though, when I was his age, I walked to school by myself every weekday, I quickly found out that that was then and this is now so, needless to say, it's never happened again.  In fact, now at nine years old, DD now tells him to keep an eye on me.

Gorgeous cool dry weather this morning.  It felt especially nice since we're still drying out from all our rain.

Usual 5-miler.

Be safe. Be kind.

3.1 miles- gorgeous weather (won't last)!    Happy National Running Day!

2 more miles (treadmill) after work    so 5.1 for National Running Day. 

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Sees-the-Ground

barefootin'

2 miles on account of it's a break week.  Humidity is back unfortunately.

Bill Wagnon / stl

Tet - 

Jay - I don't mind running at 4:30 a.m., but for "only" 3 miles I'll stay snug under the covers for awhile longer.  'Cause knowing me, I'd end up at work at 6:30 a.m. and who wants to be 2 hrs early for work if they don't have to be?   And yep, I got in my 3 miles after work.  Actually 3.6.

KSA - Horrible story about your friend.  It's just unfathomable.  And interesting that at least one cat has reappeared.  Hopefully that means the other one is safe, as well.

Posie Lady - I'm very sorry to hear about your uncle, but how wonderful you were able to attend the funeral via technology.

Somehow I never end up with a scheduled run on National Running Day.  How does that happen?

The Hub's going to the bball game tonight, so I'll get my core/ST in after work.  They're going to honor a former Crabs player tonight who died over the summer from a logging accident.

That's it.  Enjoy ~~

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

C-R

Hey all. First run in the books at 5 am. Actually liked it. I think I need to try this out a bit.

Happy national running day.

My my cats won’t get near a cat carrier. They have a 6th sense and can escape and hide for hours. Thankfully we haven’t had any med issues beyond simple stuff.

Cheers

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I'll have to try the "towel over the cat" move the next time we have take Zig in 'cause he's like wrestling an octopus.  I also will often cover the carrier with a blanket during transport to try and keep them calm.

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Dave59

Went to the gym today. First time in a couple weeks because of vacation and stuff. 2 miles on the treadmill and then weights.

Then I survived the dentist. Been 20+ years since I had dental work done (other than the twice a year cleanings & stuff).  I have phobias about stuff like this and I had been doing pretty good about suppressing my anxiety, but my subconscious was on high alert. My left eye started twitching this morning.

Broke out in a little sweat after the Novocaine was injected, but I recovered and remained conscious during the drilling.  Actually had 2 cavities filled on the upper right side. Next Wednesday I get 1 filled on the lower right.  Apparently they don't like to numb both sides of your mouth in one visit.

I have been getting the cat carrier out a week in advance and setting it by my (home) office chair.  Eventually the cats get used to it and then when the time comes I snatch them up and drop them in before they know what hit them.

spacityrunner

I have been getting the cat carrier out a week in advance and setting it by my (home) office chair.  Eventually the cats get used to it and then when the time comes I snatch them up and drop them in before they know what hit them.

This.  I did this for my cats. The carrier would be out and ready for their deposit weeks prior to depositing them :-)  They never knew what hit 'em 

Trails Rock!

wildchild

Carolyn

See, that's why dogs are better than cats.  When it's time to go to the vet, you open the car door and say, "load up!"  And they jump in, wagging their tails.  Easy peasy.

I had a beautiful 10.5 mile run on my favorite loop in Golden Gate Canyon State Park.  The wildflowers are putting on quite a show!  I picked up some stray flagging from the Dirty 30 race this weekend.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

Emma doesn't seem to mind the carrier when I just get it out and have it sitting on the floor. But she puts her paws up on the sides of the door when I'm stuffing her in there and it can be quite a struggle. And she's vocal anyway but she's LOUD when in the car. Luckily, she's pretty healthy so doesn't go often.

Dave, good for you on getting that taken care of. My mom wears headphones and listens to music when she's at the dentist. I've never done that, but there have been times I've thought it would be nice.

Norm, that was a pretty cool run you had yesterday. Whenever I've gone to Vegas for conferences or whatever, I've never had a car or the freedom to go do that, but I've always wanted to.

DH took this on the way to work this morning. With all the road construction around, it seems someone decided to make fun of it all. He sent it to the local paper and they have it posted as their "Photo of the Day." Pretty funny.

6.8 miles today, easy pace and steady effort. Felt good to have a good run today, seems to not happen that often. My goal these days is just to keep going without stopping or getting winded/exhausted. Shouldn't be so hard, but for whatever reason it's taking forever to "get my legs back," as they say. Anyway, I hope the conservation of good runs rule doesn't kick in, because I have a mile race tomorrow evening that I know I won't do well at but I hope to not suck too much.

If I put the carrier out ahead of time, it would definitely get sprayed.  My cats have no sense of humor or tolerance in some areas of their life.

And being vocal - I found out that some vets are willing to give cats gabapentin (sp?) for anxiety when traveling.  We may have to do this for Wilson next time.  He screams bloody murder from the moment you put him in the carrier until he gets home.  Then he proceeds to spend the next couple of days working off his anxiety by licking off what little growth of fur he may have obtained on his belly from the previous anxiety, drama-ridden episode. 

Love the sign, Erika. 

Leslie
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Nancy - So sorry for the loss of your uncle....

Tet - I remember when that happened - hilarious!

6.2 miles for me today in 56 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

6 @ 8:25

Easy does it

Favorite Las Vegas route: White Rock Loop in red Rock Canyon. 6.1 miles

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/nevada/white-rock-hills-loop-trail

2nd favorite: Railroad Tunnel Trail, near Boulder/Lake Mead. From the visitor center you can go all the way to the dam and back. Several tunnels!

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/nevada/railroad-tunnel-trail

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

I like the railroad tunnel trail a lot.  It’s flat and easy trail- good footing for the most part.

Got a sweet new laptop at work today because I asked for a lighter one.  It’s a Dell but can be used as a touch screen with a stylus and also folds back for easier plane use.  Not quite as light as Surface Pro but almost.  I’ve been only traveling with an iPad because my laptop was just too heavy to deal with on my usually short trips.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth