Masters Running

Thursday - I think... Master Runs and What Not (Read 442 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

they're only half nekkid....what's to worry about?

Well, depending on which half is nekkid, that could be a problem in some instances...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

5 mile RAL, half-nekkid!     (Well, shorts and a sports bra, actually.)  72° and some high clouds that never really fully blocked the sun, but low humidity so it was OK.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

2 miles with Tory and Sadie at 10:35 then 3.2 miles at 9:02
        One 200 m Garmin stride in 48 sec (6:27 pace). Too scared to push harder but glad to feel some speed.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

SteveP

5 mile RAL, half-nekkid!     (Well, shorts and a sports bra, actually.)  72° and some high clouds that never really fully blocked the sun, but low humidity so it was OK.

Pictures?

SteveP

Holly,

Coincidentally, my DD1 (she my RR) lives in Miamisburg.  Samll world huh?

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

TammyinGP

Pictures?

I think high clouds sort of look the same no matter where you live Steve . . . but since you asked, here's some high clouds:

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Very cool. Bill.  I thought she was in Middletown, but she's right here in my backyard, so to speak. 

So when are you coming for a visit? 

(Air Force Marathon's only 15 minutes from here)

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Fatozzig, congrats on your fastest ever 6 miler. 

Since I last posted on Tuesday, there were nice long runs for perch, srlopez (several), Tammy, bike, and Tramps.  Good job on the speedwork for teresa, ribs, runningsmarter, Walt, deez, bike, and mariposai (in middle of a 9 miler).

This morning, I was at my mother's on the other side of the state (a bit north of hopeful's).  I was shocked, as was hopeful, to wake up to temps in the low 30s and with frost on some roofs.  I hadn't brought my winter clothes but put on what I had and ended up overdressed.  It helped that it was almost calm and, I think, started to warm up a bit quite early.  I got in 5 miles in a bit over 47:30 for a 9:31 pace.

In talking with some of the residents of my mother's senior citizen apartment building, I talked with one of my dad's high school classmates and another guy who had my grandfather's sister as one of his teachers. 

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

I made tselbs list!  I'm fairly walking on air right now.

Tom - I think that's very cool re the folks in your mom's apt. building.  Small world.

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Venturing out of lurkdom yet again to report that the achillies and peroneal tendonitis seem to be healing, although not as quickly as I would have liked.  Survived PT quite nicely today, with enough left in me to run 3.5 pain-free(!!!) miles in a delightful light rain - a definite example of how running has changed me.  There was a time, not that long ago, that I would have thought anyone even going outside in the rain was certifiable.

Tim - glad you're back with us; I haven't posted much lately, but I have been sending you good thoughts

nono- careful with that sprinting through the grocery store this time next month - you might knock down too many tourists

Twocat - I'm thinking of a short-term gym membership for the summer to get me through those inevitable miserably hot days and that very likely week of constant pouring rain when an elliptical in a/c would be oh-so-nice

Teresa - your project sounds really cool;  I love to see old buildings beautifully restored

Thinking about doing a 5K this weekend.  Definitely won't push for time, but it's to benefit the families of Philly police and fire fighters killed in the line of duty, something that's really needed this year, as we've lost way too many cops in the last several months.  Will decide based on how the ankles feel tomorrow and Saturday morning.

Happy almost-weekend, all!

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

TammyinGP

good to see you Eliz. You should come out of your lurking turtle shell more often. Glad you are healing, but sorry it's not as quickly as you'd like. It never seems to be just how "we" would like it though huh?

5 RAW miles tonight. The plan was to stay under a 10 min/mile pace - but after last night's 10 mile run, I primarily just wanted a nice comfortable run.

I guess I was feeling good though because I ran this: 9.55, 9.35, 9.31, 8.50, 8.38.  Once I saw that my first three miles got progressively a smidge bit faster, I did decide to keep picking it up a bit, although going from a 9.31 to a 8.50 surprised me. I must have been cruising slightly downhill to do that.

It was a good run. Now I get to rest up for Saturday mornings 20 mile run.

Tammy

Mariposai you did not look at your Garmin even once while running?!    I hope your eyesight is not going or something! 

srlopez amen to the sure beats the snow part.

I finally gave in and joined the gym.  I took a month-to-month membership as I am hoping to be out of there in four to eight weeks.  I am not sure that I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, but I think I see a tunnel!  That is better than just dusty track ahead.  Honestly, if I could figure out how to avoid sitting at a desk or in a car for the next two weeks straight I think my problems would finally disappear.  When I get a few days without sitting I find that there are long stretches in the day where everything feels fine.  Then when I have to sit . . . back to feeling like I am hobbling around again.  So, what does a sitting injury get me?  Yet another wiseacre pointing out that if I just gained 20 pounds I would be cured.  Yuck, yuck, yuck.  Sigh.  On the other hand a diet of ice cream, bread pudding, pies, and cakes does have its appeal! 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #3309

TAMMY STOP IT, your making me look bad. Seriously, you are doing great and I am so proud of you. I well be thinking of you when I try to run 20 plus miles again Sat too. WTG Girl!!! Mary, I am always amazed when you mention your ave HR. 160, I would be bent over trying to catch my breath....glad you are getting out there. Late I know, but I am soooo sorry about your puppie, and the new owners...your offer was so very sweet. Thanks Eliz....that made me feel so much better that you were thinking about me, thanks. Twocat, I think times mean more to people than ya think. We all are consummed with how well we are doing, and how fast we are running...and PR's and stuff. Hang in there Buddie, you are a inspiration to me, and everyone here at RA...you are loved. Ribs I was curious about your statement to Walt...thanks Walt for your kind words. But you mentioned Oxygen debt. What is the difference between going to the track for form vs running fast...I have never went to the track to just work on form. But will say, my very best form is when I am running fast repeats around the track...just thinking as I always am trying to learn new stuff about running. Sue, thanks as you are a real sweetie. Tammy, I was only disappointed because the workout was A LOT harder then it should have been...that's all. Carolyn...this woman is a bad influence....but sure is a cutie though. I thought I was the "shirtless" King till she came along. Hey, we can share the Glory, right? Shirtless in Seattle...has a nice ring to it, huh... Bill, I will Email you tomorrow, ok freind. South Bend huh...didn't know they had a Marathon there at all. Slo, I have a sprint Tri next Sat where I am going to pound your sorry ass...glad you won't be there (hehe) It will be a fun Tri for me as I am NOT trained for it at all. You are training well Fren....WTG, as I understand the Tri madness! OK Mom Erika....off to beddie bye soon...sheesh Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Mariposai

tammy....ohhh tamyyyyy you were so right

MaEcono, your wishes were delivered.

so..... gone to warmer weather srlopez? what about this ironman deal? hey, reserve some of that drinking for Seattle R&R, OK?

twocat, no need for a garmin if one is just out there for a fun Smile try yoga or tai chi...it will be great for the culprit.

got a chance to do a little swimming this afternoon in open water...man...got a lot to learn...got to tri...

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

xor

I am in Seattle.  It has been HOT HOT HOT in Seattle.

I will be going to Kona at the end of next week.