Masters Running

'Nother Wet Wednesday, 1.18.17 (Read 41 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

I'm already late this morning, and have a full schedule today and this evening, so no time for a wrap.

Sorry about my error, yesterday, Enke. I was thinking about all the recent wildlife sightings, including last week's coyotes, and my fingers went to the wrong keys. I thought there was something squirrely about it when I was typing that, but didn't slow down to think about it.

The Pat Metheny concert last night was phenomenal. He is such a good and constantly-evolving jazz guitarist, and the pianist, base player and drummer he had with him were each amazing in their own right. Great concert.

4.4 miles in a light-to-moderate, wind-driven rain this morning (sorry, Twocat). Thankfully, the temps were above freezing, so we didn't have any of the snow or ice that much of the rest of the country (and many of you folks) saw from this storm.

Have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

..mornin' jay.........

and

Hiya to evryday and pfriese..........good to hear from you..

==============

Pickles

is dragging me

out for YardWork against my will

so

REST DAY

...........good running to the rest of ya.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

C-R

Hey all,

Sounded like a great concert Jay. I like Jazz but seem stuck in my classical rut. Perhaps a new station on Pandora today to help me expand.

TW = yard work does not equal a rest day. Just saying.

I got my streak run in early this morning. Busy day ahead. Plus its cross training day too.

Steve - that pic of Tag in the dark was eerie. Almost horror movie quality.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Tramps

Welcome back, Evryday.

Jay--Pat Metheny!  I enjoy some of his work but I confess I haven’t kept up with him. I believe Dark Horse (remember Dark Horse?) and I figured out that we were at the same small Pat Metheny concert at Brandeis in the early 80s. He was touring with the great percussionist Nana Vasconcelos in his band at the time, which was awesome.

Speaking of music…I just bought tickets to hear Tinariwen (from northern Mali) later this Spring.  Looking forward to it!  If you don’t know them, here’s a concert video. Give ‘em a couple minutes, you’ll love it. The grooves are infectious.

I drove the 4 miles to the river (morning traffic’s too heavy to run safely on the tiny road) and found a fog-enveloped wonderland.  Really beautiful views through the fog with the rising sun making everything glow.  The fog lifted during my run and as I was driving back a shower resulted in a gorgeous rainbow as an added bonus.  Now it’s blue skies and well into the 50’s. Nice.  Did an 11-miler.

Be safe. Be kind.

TW = yard work does not equal a rest day. Just saying.

..tell me about it.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Greetings, all.

DW is in the process of getting her second knee done. So I'm waiting patiently to see how things go. We're hoping that the second goes better with practice.

Welcome back, evryday. I agree that the support around here is a BIG help with motivation.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Ten hours of sleep here too but,

even though, at 47o, it's 96o warmer

than somewhere else, still too rainy

even for me to go running.

probably even more from amy-land.

Glad I don't have any streaks to worry about.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Tramps - I remember Dark Horse!

TW - yard work in January?

Stumpy - by the 3rd knee, she'll have it down pat!  

Leslie - Given that you really like that coworker, I am curious why you didn't just ask her.  Something like, "Hey, are you feeling okay?  You don't seem quite like yourself."  Then, if she HAD been drinking, it would have alerted her to the fact that it was noticeable, and she had better get her act together.  Or, if she had NOT been drinking, and the explanation was something else, like, "My doctor put me on anti-depressants for anxiety, but I am not sure I like the effect it is having," or "I took some Dayquil for my sinus infection, but it is really knocking me out," then you would have given her an opportunity to explain it.  There may be another explanation.

5 miles for me on the TM this morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

Good Morning All.

Welcome Back Evryday!  Nice to see you again. I hope the group can give that extra motivational boost you'd like!

Wet, rainy, super-slop here today. and it's my scheduled track day. oh joy!  If it was just me, I might be tempted to bag it because it's REAL rain, not that normal light, misty stuff we normally get, but I'm on the meetup calendar as hosting a track workout tonight. not sure if anyone will show in this weather, but I guess I need to be there in case. Plus, now I'm on a 2017 in 2017 team, and didn't meet my goal last week, so feeling pressure to step it up and pull my weight.

Stay dry my friends

Image result for stay dry my friends

Tammy

spinach

The semester has started and I am ready for it.  After a bad semester int he fall with two surgeries in it I am ready for a new, better year.  I ran 20 miles last week, my longest week since July and this morning i ran 5 miles in the field house (41 laps on the 200 meter track). My first run without the knee brace on it. It feels okay and I am ready for the group run 5k this evening.  I will have the brace on tonight wince I will be running outside with likely lots of ice.  I hope for a good new year.

wildchild

Carolyn

Holly, I like your suggestion for Leslie's coworker.

Hi evryday! Did you run today? Glad to see you back!

I'm in southern AZ, and it's almost too hot to run. I'll go later this afternoon when we get to camp, hopefully.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

wildchild

Carolyn

Sorry about the double post!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Holly- I thought about that afterward, that I should've said something along those lines.  Hopefully there won't be a next time, but if there is, I will.

Stumpy - Good luck to your DW with her knee replacement surgery.

Welcome back, Evryday!

Tramps - Worthless post without pics.  Just sayin' . . . 

We are getting DUMPED on here.  Supposedly, we're supposed to get 2-3" within the next 24 hrs.  *pulling out my snorkel and fins*

30 min stationary biking this morning, with 3 x 2 min hard.  As I was watching my timer on the last minute of the 3rd round, I was actually yelling: "Come on!  It's gotta be time!!"  It helped.  Then I did some situps, pushups, and hip hikes.

Have a great day ~~

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dave59

I ran 4 this morning. Second run in a row that felt good. Not sure what I did to deserve that. Probably a mistake of nature and I'll pay for it next time.

catwhoorg

Labrat

65 and overcast here in the ATL, and so I got an easy 6 in.

Slight drizzle around at various points this morning, but no rain on my run.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18