Masters Running

trail run pictures (Read 414 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Yesterday I went for a trail run in Golden Gate Canyon State Park, about 5 miles from home.  Here's the elevation profile.  I forgot to start my Garmin after one photo stop so I think the whole distance was about 9.75 miles. This was toward the end of mile 3 - where it looks like I fell over a cliff.

I think I picked some of the most un-runnable trails in the park!   I started out running up the Mule Deer trail:

Then I turned onto the Black Bear trail, which goes up and over some rock outcroppings.

This is the view from the top. This picture doesn't really show the view very well -  you can see a whole lot of the continental divide, but it was hazy and the sun was getting low in the west.

The trail got a little easier down the other side, and ended up in an aspen meadow.

Then back up to the top again on the Horseshoe trail.

Then some rolling hills across a meadow on the Coyote Trail to a sharp drop off and down a cliff:

Then down, down, down, and onto one of my favorite meadow trails (Elk Trail).

This is looking back up the Elk trail - you can see the cliffs I came down on the Coyote Trail.

I'll end with one of my favorite street signs near the park:

Thanks for joining me in one of my favorite parks!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Beautiful area to run in but I am afraid I would be looking around too much and enjoying the scenary to the point of missing the trail and turning an ankle or something.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.   They really are nice.

Vista

BlazinCajun

Wow! I just love parks like that. It takes my breath away just thinking about all that fresh air that you flushed through your happy lungs. Zane Grey often described scenery like that in those westerns and reminds me about how small the open and rugged country can make your feel. Thanks for sharing those photos with us.

Andrew
        ------------------
        God, my Lord, is my strength;
        he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
        and enables me to go upon the heights.
        Hb 3:19

Beautiful!  I will no longer complain about the size of rocks I traverse.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

I think I picked some of the most un-runnable trails in the park!   I started out running up the Mule Deer trail:

Personally I don't run on trails made for mule deer, but it looks a very nice hike.

Congrats on living up to your avatar Wildchild

Thanks for the photos!!   

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

beautiful pictures - thank you!!

i would love to do more trail running, but need someone to run with -- i turned into a park off the main road i was running on in Old Orchard Beach yesterday, but was too nervous running in there alone so just did a little loop and went back out on the road, felt the same way when i tried to do some trail running last week near home  ....... just need to find a trail running buddy i guess!

thanks for sharing your trail!!

denise

.......what a Gorgeous place to trailrun.......

you gotta love it.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Top 'O the World!

Very nice! We were in Deer Creek canyon this am. Much smaller than GGCSP & I didn't take the camera Smile
                  Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                  SteveP

Tag and I wanna go!!!!!

Sweet Pictures!!!

SteveP

evanflein

Beautiful pictures, Wildchild! Some of those rocky parts look like they push the "trail" definition, but what a treat that view at the top is!

Marathon Maniac #957

What a beautiful place to run (or climb)!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Thanks for those pics.  Every one is worth a thousand words.  Or maybe just one--gnarly!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

It looks like Black Bear and Coyotoe trails live up to their names!   Thanks for sharing with us Carolyn - that not only looks beautiful, but very challenging too.   More power to ya girl!!  Big grin

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

dg.

Carolyn, how beautiful!  And wow what a run, you are amazing!   I'd love to do this with you...  if you're willing to run (walk?)  r e a l l y    s l o w l y     one of these days!  thanks for sharing these.
                              Mariposai

Carolyn, I thought of these pictures on and off during my run today and during the day as well. Stunning set of pictures. I would love to be there with you someday!

Thanks for sharing!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard