Masters Running

Tried and True Tuesday - Oct. 29 (Read 44 times)

Been waiting for the bathroom experience to happen, and finally - success!  So out the door at 4:50 a.m.

Mo - That's for the Rocky Raccoon Report.  That one has been on my radar, and now I know who I would call to find pacers and crew!

Tet - I think the only 100k Kate's every run is Waldo.  I think her best finish time was 17 hrs (or 19?).  Her 100's are usually in the 28-29 hr range.  And yes, she said Cascade was the hardest 100 she's ever run.  Don't know if she's applying to WS for this next year or not, but she'll definitely apply again.  She already wrote in blood that she's willing to take one for the team so we can all get back together again!! Big grin

Okay - Off to tiptoe through the darkness of the predawn . . . .

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

What? Leslie beat Jay out on the first post this morning? And yesterday's daily went to 4 pages? What could possibly be next - Tet running in stability shoes? Big grin

Loved reading everyone's posts yesterday. And we covered so many topics - baseball, 100 mile races, haircuts, gardening, singing like dead cats....

Back on topic - 6 miles this morning, 9:45 pace with a bathroom break and "stop and chat" at the Y with my co-workers. Beautiful 32° and no wind in clear, starry skies.

Have a dentist appointment shortly - I think there could be pain involved.

C-R

Where's Jay? Must be a really long workout for him today.

I'm toying with a 50 mile idea but need to survive running Monkey to make my call.

6.2 recovery miles after the pounding I gave the legs yesterday. A little work and off on another trip. Thankfully its short.

Cheers.

MTA - oooh Karin - that sounds scenic.

Ok - I usually don't do this but woot has a sale on compression sleeves. I buy there and they do well.  http://sport.woot.com/ I get no kickbacks on this but wish I could. Big grin

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Slo

Holy carp...I can't even begin to keep up with you guys anymore...Posting or running.

Slept in this morning. No run, yet anyway.

What? Leslie beat Jay out on the first post this morning? And yesterday's daily went to 4 pages? What could possibly be next - Tet running in stability shoes? Big grin

Loved reading everyone's posts yesterday. And we covered so many topics - baseball, 100 mile races, haircuts, gardening, singing like dead cats....

++++1! Agreed! and loved reading the past few days' threads. You all are fabulous! I've been traveling a lot for work and that continues again tomorrow for the last three days of the week. A bright spot will be seeing lamerunner and Deez at the Manchester marathon on Sunday! Yee Haw! and also seeing lamerunner on Thursday as my work takes me to NH---hoping to grab some miles with her then. She is just awesome---just saying.....more on that later.

Got out for 9 miles with a few at MP at almost Jay o'clock.....crisp at 28 degrees with starry and beautiful skies. Snow in the forecast tomorrow and then in the high 60s by Friday---not looking at the marathon forecast until Saturday.

MTA: VT 50 C-R!.......Late September in NE.....

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

All this ultra talk is making me tired.  Of course, not TOO difficult to do after staying up late to watch the Sox.

But I did make it up for 3.1 miles in 4 laps around the hotel this morning.  Not likely to make it out tomorrow as I have a training session starting at 7am to catch the shift change.  have to get up early enough to make sure I arrive with donuts.  That's the sacred duty of a trainer to make sure the trainees are on a sugar rush to make it through at least the first hour before catatonia sets in.

some nice chilly runs showing up.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

...mornin' guys//...................

fatozzig, I can relate,,,,,,,,,,,nothing like telling your lower intestines ''Hey, you've had ALL night to get the job done''*

TMI

==========

that said,

the GermanicLady beat me to the lanes today

see above*

32mprnb

..........................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Tramps

Wow.  Quite a daily yesterday.  I think the cooler weather has everyone feeling chipper.

Blue—why, oh, why are you trying  speed work between two marathons 14 days apart?  You won’t get any benefit from it in time for your race and you’re risking injury precisely at the time when you’re most vulnerable.  My (unsolicited) two cents worth.

I bet divechief’s review of the film, “Captain Phillips,” is the only one to include this observation: “there were a couple of good shots of the propulsion diesels.” Big grin

Good luck to lamerunner on the Manchester marathon!  And Karin and Deez are there, too?  Cool.

Tuesday 12 for me.  Sproinky run on a chilly morning, including a few MP-ish miles that snuck in there all by themselves.

Be safe. Be kind.

King of PhotoShop

Just quick in and out as I have a ton of work.  5 slow miles in warm, humid weather, but it went okay.  Lunch with a former colleague today then a mess of conference calls.  Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #957

,,,,,,,,,,nothing like telling your lower intestines ''Hey, you've had ALL night to get the job done''*

Big grin

No run for me today, not much of a work out at all.  I had just begun when DD asked me to help her study for a science test.  Oh well.

Tonight is the induction ceremony for DS into the National Honor Society.  Have I mentioned before how proud I am of that boy?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SubDood

Blue—why, oh, why are you trying  speed work between two marathons 14 days apart?  You won’t get any benefit from it in time for your race and you’re risking injury precisely at the time when you’re most vulnerable.  My (unsolicited) two cents worth.

This concerns me, too, IBUBlue (but I was too chicken to say anything until someone else did). I see Intervals and Tempo Runs on 3 of the days between two Marathons only two weeks apart ... Those two weeks should be total recovery time (e.g., easy jogging), in my humble (and also unsolicited) opinion. Good luck on Saturday!

Dave59

3.15 mile run with a stop at the gym along the way for about 20 minutes of weights.

100 miles is a good month for me....

Holly - I have heard of the National Honor Society, but had to look it up to see what it's all about.  Congratulations to your son!!

TW - My intestines have as hard a time waking as I do, generally.

C-R - I will echo Karin - VT50.  Go for it!

5 sort of EZ miles in the crisp cold air.  It was a beautiful morning, too.  Not a cloud in the sky.

I feel like I'm getting my mojo back.  It feels good!

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

Congrats to your son Holly! Honor Society is a big deal!

My son's middle school started up their NHS again last year because a teacher volunteered to take charge of the program and get it going again (had been dormant for a few yrs). DS was even voted President of NJHS, but now that teacher transferred to another school and no one else has stepped up to the plate to take it over, so it's just defunct again.

Another sunny (but chilly!!) day today. I did bring running stuff with me though incase the mood strikes me to run on my lunch hour. It's either that or go run a few errands I keep putting off because I don't want to go to stores after work.

Tammy

will run for popsicles

cautionary note: i was in national honor society, and this is how i turned out. Never too late for military school.

has anyone seen my running shorts? Black new balance. I have seven pairs and they all seem to have gone on vacation. Pls check your bag just in case. Oh, well. Another run in the spongebob boxers ...