Masters Running

Saturday 12.2.17 (Read 38 times)

mrrun

Just a start so everyone can post their runs, walks, bike rides, swims, weight lifts, and rest days!

Dave59

4 miles for me this morning. I woke up early (before 5:00) and after a short while, I gave up on going back to sleep so I went out for a run.

mta: I did get the toilet fixed yesterday. I looked up the brand name (Korky) on the internet and followed a YouTube video that showed how to take it apart and clean it. Seemed to do the trick.

Jlynne

Good morning Marj, Kevin and those yet to post. 6 miles for me in unheard of temps for this time of the year. It was 39° at 5:00 AM! I love this weather

Lots to comment on but no time. DH wants to take advantage of the warm weather so we're off to cut down a Christmas tree.

Go Badgers!

Didn't do the planned 8 but got out for 5.3 so the bunny didn't gain too much on me.  Have a busy day moving daughter into her apartment and loading mattress and box springs into my truck and driving them down to her place.  Ugh.  It's another beautiful day, though- 44 already and sunny. 

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

C-R

Quick 5k at 6am for first run. Now sitting in a Soccer ref recert class and yes I’m on the internet during the class. I’ve been calling the game for over 20 years and the good info comes in an hour. Looking forward to that second run this afternoon. That sounds odd.

Good of luck in the move Karen. Don’t get injured.

Cheers

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Quickadder

Saturday morning running group was sparsely attended today and almost all there were in the M60+ AG. Ran miles 6-13 with the one younger guy. Think the ladies must have been Christmas shopping....though at least 3 of them claimed they were going to run 18-20 trail miles.

Finished with 18 miles at average 9:47 pace.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Upcoming race: Four on the 4th 7/4/24 maybe.

pfriese

10 miles on the river trails for me this morning.

Paul

...mild and 50s

.....60-min

..........Pickles is going to see DD2 a couple of days next week

>>>>>>>>>so I'm Thinking HANDWEIGHTS/////////

......good Running to Ya.........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

32 degrees when I set out this morning and 42 when I got back.  I was a little cold at the start and a little warm at the end, so I figured I was dressed just right.

15.7 miles total.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tom - Don't make us tell Pickles on you!

4.70-mile run this a.m. in the Arcata Community Forest for the first time in a looong time. Ran it with 2 ladies I'd never met before, but who were looking for someone on the slower end of the spectrum to run with (that's me!). Had a great time with them, the run went faster than I expected, and I felt stronger than I anticipated. Tells me my dedication to strength training is paying off.

If I'm reading the web site right, there were over 4900 people who put in for the Western States lottery for 261 spots and 50 wait list spots.  Holy crap!

Anyone ever have to replace the bulb in their flat screen TV? I think ours is going out.  The picture is dimmer around the edges, top, and bottom.  Tried fixing the brightness, etc., which helped some, but didn't fix the problem.

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I went 8 miles, today...in shorts and a long sleeved tech shirt...in December.  I would take this all winter.

I woke up at 5:00, this morning, after staying up until 11:00, last night.  I could not get back to sleep, so I got up, came down stairs, and finished my Christmas letter.  What a relief that is.  Of course, now, comes the printing, the addressing, the mailing...we send out 450 of these things....why?

Okay--I'd better go.  See ya!

I decided to take a day off. I need 10 more miles to get 30 for the week, and was going to do 5+5 this weekend but decided to putter around the house a bit, sample some beers, write this on the RA Masters forum, etc. Probably only do 5-7 tomorrow so I'll have to settle for less than 30, which is my self-imposed minimum. Not feeling too guilty, though.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

TammyinGP

an internet kill switch eh? brilliant idea!  Not that we've had a need for it here, but I can see where that would sure be a handy tool.  We generally have all electronics shut off in our by 9:00, unless David is up late doing some homework and needs the computer for that. I'm probably lucky that I've never needed to monitor amount of computer usage, or have cut off times. And even when I do look at his internet history, it's either homework, or sports related stuff, like Draft Kings, or looking up stats.

No run for me today. rainy all day and just doing stuff around the house. tomorrow morning though I'm meeting up with my ladies trail running group. Hoping for better weather than today's!

Tammy

...we send out 450 of these things....

I knew you had a big family, but holy cow!! Do you get a mass mailing discount?? 

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Anyone ever have to replace the bulb in their flat screen TV? I think ours is going out.  The picture is dimmer around the edges, top, and bottom.  Tried fixing the brightness, etc., which helped some, but didn't fix the problem.

Depends on what type of TV it is; plasma, LCD, LED, DLP.

I fixed a 70" Vizio TV a client gave me because the picture went out. A little online research and a $10 part, with about 30 minute operation to take it apart and snip off the LED driver strip that shorted out the original $10 part. Now we have a 70" monster. Most newer TVs don't have a bulb, the dimming might be from worn out fluorescent backlight elements if it's an LCD TV. LED TVs shouldn't exhibit the backlighting dimming. DLP TVs have a bulb.

If you're going to have to pay someone to fix it, you're better off just buying a new TV. I can't believe how cheap they are now. They're often FREE if you look on Craigslist.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying