Masters Running

Monday's Daily, 11.6.17 (Read 38 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Sunday’s workouts:
    Henrun (2.5 mile morning recovery run)
    RunnerKSA (3.3 morning miles to finish a 44-mi. week)
    Quickadder (8 morning trail miles following Saturday’s race)
    Opus77 (7.5 miles at 8:59 pace - longest run of the year)
    Spacityrunner (8.5 early morning toasted trail miles in 71° and H, followed by some misting)
    Dave59 (Marshall Half Marathon with soreness and aches, in 2:28:51, + a meet-up)
    Holly (17 warm miles, ahead of T-storms)
    Pfriese (12 morning trail miles)
    Catwhoorg (7 miles)
    Metalmancpa (Spartan Sprint at Fenway Park with DS - 4 mi obstacle course in 56:35, keeping DS motivated and moving)
    Falconfixer (12 pre-drill miles at 8:25 pace)
    Mike (6 pre-church miles)
    Surly Bill (7.2 miles at 7:50 pace)
    Evanflein (7.1 afternoon TM miles with time out to start grilling chickens)

Good racing, Quickadder!

Huge CONGRATS on the new contract, Opus77! It’s great to have more choices and less stress.

Dave59, one year, many years ago, I took 2 months worth of 3-day weekends instead of one long vacation, and it was terrific. No, I never did any work on any of those weekends. Congrats on your new personal worst - there, that’s done!

Holly, how can you be 13 miles behind the pace bunny only 5 days into the month, and after a 17-mile run? That’s one wapid wabbit you’ve got going there!! 

Great photo, and great job of running/racing with your DS, Metalmancpa!

Don’t give away all my secrets, Twocat! Bummer about the cold/sore throat you brought back from Houston.

Good job of deswamping, Mike.

Nice multitasking, Evanflein.

Between collecting downed branches, moving leaves, making a few runs to the transfer station, and checking off some errands with DW, I covered another 2+ miles yesterday. And I got a poor night's sleep last night (it was too warm, and not because we had the heat on), so I stayed in this morning and did some reading and exercises - stretching my mind (I'd like to think) and my body.

We have our last race committee meeting tonight before Sunday's Seacoast Half. We're in pretty good shape, I think, but there are always last-minute issues to address.

Have a greta Monday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Morning y'all.   Warm and humid but LIGHT November morning.  3.3 miles to start the week.  All of my senior management is out of state at a board of directors meeting, so I'm hoping I can get caught up on some things these next couple of days.

2.3 miles after work on the treadmill.  5.6 for the day.  10 miles ahead of the pace bunny, but that rabbit is constantly on the move.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tramps

Hang in there, Dave.

Congrats on the job security, Opus.

Nice RA meetup this weekend.

So, Mike, what's your preferred marathon temps?

Last week was sort of a lost week as I fell out of my routine and didn't get a whole lot done outside of work. This week, I'm vowing to get back in the saddle--bike saddle that is. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate.

Exercises + 3.3 mile run today before it starts raining again.

Have a good week.

Be safe. Be kind.

Good morning folks. It looks like it was a busy and successful weekend for a lot of you. I was down with a stomach bug Saturday night and all day yesterday, so watched the NYC marathon while I was flopped on the sofa. I can't fathom running that fast ever - much less an entire marathon. And Meb after he crossed the finish line? Wow.

Thanks for your recap Jay. Sounds like you are ready for your Seacoast this weekend. Hope the weatherman cooperates.

Enjoy the peace and quiet while it lasts, RunnerKSA.

How far do the temps have to drop before you'll put your bike away Tramps? Nice run for you this morning!

5.5 miles this morning in 28° and had absolutely no energy after being sick all weekend. Lots of walking breaks. Off now to take a strength and balance class.

Prayers to the families in Texas. As a country, what is the answer to stopping this madness?

I feel like a ton of bricks landed on me and then someone stuffed my head with cotton to cut help. Cotton head does not help if any of you are curious. Needless to say this is another do nothing but sleep and sit at a desk day.

coastwalker I hope the Seacost HM goes off without a hitch. Good luck. We have a HM around here for this Sunday. The weather looks to be good for it. Now I just hope this darn cold goes away in time so that I can run it.

evanflein if we have the same thing I hope we get over it fast! Actually, even if we do not have the same thing I hope we get over it fast! Good luck with the new furniture! 

fatozzig I always wanted a hammock for the back yard. Alas, we do not have any hammock trees. You really need to right arrangement of them to make it work.

Surly Bill I generally agree that killing the time change would be a good idea. The excuse used to be daylight savings time saves energy. Turns out it does not. Fire - ready - aim. But we seem to be somewhat stuck with it anyway.

Mike E I guess you will never make the top level frequent flier club will you.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Thanks for getting us started, Jay. You are definitely one busy guy!

2Kitty - Feel better soon!! And keep that cold stuff in your neck of the woods, please. (typed while wiping off monitor ... just in case)

Chico (in kitty voice): GET UP AND FEED ME!!
              Me (looking at the bedside clock): Okay, it's almost 5:00 anyway.

Get up and feed the cats. Glance at the clock cable box . . . apparently I don't know how to set a clock back an hour because it's ONLY 4:00 A.M.! And apparently my cats don't get the whole set the clock back an hour thing, either.  So IMHO - drop it.  Nobody likes it.  Especially my cats.

Anyway, I was up before 4:00, so I not only got in my 30 min run, but I also made myself go out to my woman cave and get in some core and leg work.  I REALLY have to work on the whole single leg strength then

Enjoy the week, friends.  Give the ones you love a HUGE hug and TELL them you love them ~~ (heavy heart for Texas)

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

spacityrunner

2.5 miles around the neighborhood.  I need to get my run in before work thanks to DST...wish they would get rid of it everywhere.  I blatantly violated the cats rule by running in the rain.  In my defense, it was really a mist, turned rain, back to a mist.  So to begin with it was an iffy violation.    Temps in the high 50's, gray cloudy misty day was perfect for a run.  

I have trees and could use a couple of hammocks 

Trails Rock!

I have trees and could use a couple of hammocks 

Maybe I need to bring them to you personally!

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

spacityrunner

Let me know when to pick you up from the airport!!!

Maybe I need to bring them to you personally!

Trails Rock!

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

So, Mike, what's your preferred marathon temps?

I suppose 55o is just about the perfect temperature for me...now, the high is 48...and I'll take that, too.

I went 5 miles, today.

That's all I got.  See ya!

Marathon Maniac #957

Spacityrunner - I think that doesn't count as a rule violation.....

No run for me today, but I got in a good 45-50 minutes of core/strength training.  I really need to get back to my routine of regular weights and core.  I am getting "old lady butt".....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

3.75 @ 8:25

I was JUST able to get done with a short run before sundown after getting kids home from school and heading out immediately. Sun was down as I finished at 17:00. It's only getting worse from now on, so I guess I need to shift my workout time to mid-day. I remember coaching XC at Track City TC, and at this time of year we had regionals and nationals left. We had to meet for practice at Hayward Field because it was too dark to work out at our normal place, the Adidas Amazon trail and South Eugene HS track. Hayward was lit, enough. Didn't want to lose any kids in the dark!

It looks like everyone is keeping on keeping on, which sometimes is all we can do. Keep it up.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, short easy run pre-work (3 miles); 6+ at lunch (with a friend I'm trying to help); taught spin after work.  Weather change coming.

Mike E, I've seen the lows in Richmond Friday night varying from 34 to 43.  That will work for me.

Coastwalker, I bet there are a host of last minute things to do!  Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Have a great night everyone!

Mariposai

2.5 miles around the neighborhood.   I blatantly violated the cats rule by running in the rain.  In my defense, it was really a mist, turned rain, back to a mist.  So to begin with it was an iffy violation.    

LOL.

Jlynne, nice 5.5 miles. Sorry that you were sick on the weekend. I hope you are feeling better.

Falconfixer, a while back you asked where in Ireland I ran the marathon. The Twocats, my DH and I ran the Cork marathon this past June. It sure was a fun adventure.

I am amazed at the amount of people who are sick. Bad case of the flue and cold. Butterfly hugs to those who are sick.

Today was a 9 hours work, then 9 miles of run witnessing a lovely sunset.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard