Masters Running

Marathon Monday 4/15/19 (Read 52 times)

mrrun

we think we saw Joe go by looking strong, but he was on the other side of the road.  we have spectacularly missed all of our friends and then pouring rain and winds, so we are giving up watching on person.

Congrats JOE - first Boston done - great job with the humidity, sun, and rain and wind!!!!

...........  'lemme explain...no there is too much.   lemme sum up'  ; ).    one of these days I'll sum up if I manage to keep posting & when it's not Boston day : ).  .........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Yay Joe!  Way to get it done!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I am watching on NBCSN (NBC sports channel) through my Comcast account.

Dave - excellent
          Made the 1.5 hour PR pass quickly
          on the oval-elliptical at 24-hour Fitness.
          Good job Boston Joe!!!!!

I wonder if PBJ Joe got

in the mix this year too?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Hi Dg.!!! So good to see you!

Love that Easter Bunny get up, and I must say you have more snow there in MI than we have here!

BTY, that's what is the killer boring component of pool running: the view never changes. But, that's my treadmill life, too, so not a real difference.

I hear the Boston conditions were all over the map, with lightning and rain early on, and then it got warm and humid. Perfect wilting weather. Of the group I was tracking, Pre-Dawn Runner had a BQ but everyone else pretty much struggled. Boston can be like that: a mixed bag.

Nice here today and I'll get out for a run at the end of the work day. Too much to try to get done to leave earlier.

Notre Dame Cathedral is Paris is on fire with the roof having collapsed at this point.  Very sad. 

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

anneb

Congrats Joe!

Anne

dnaff

A couple things from yesterday:  deez4boyz - where in Italy?  and is it a group tour?

Wildchild - beautiful, scenic pictures.  Thanks for sharing.

from today:

Steve, great Easter bunny pics.  But please, make the snow stop.

Joe, nice running today.

Everyone else, thanks for a lively forum.  I love all the Boston chatter.

Our kids were on the road yesterday in the blizzard and so I had a night of not much rest waiting to hear they made it back to Michigan ok.  I think I finally went to sleep a little after midnight, but today's wakeup call was at 4am because DH had to be in to work early.  If I don't get up when he does I don't see him all day.   Then I volunteered at the animal shelter, took my own dog for a hike, detailed the inside of my car, and then took the dog again.  All this to say today turned into a rest day from organized workouts.  There's always tomorrow right?

2.1 outside miles on a beautiful spring evening after work.  I really do use these short 2nd runs to just decompress from the day.  I never want to go do it, but I feel SO much better after I do.  I know we all deal with rough stuff in our jobs and lives, but it really helps me to let go of the work day if I can get out (or even on the treadmill) for some exercise.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Joe618 congratulations on getting into and finishing Boston.

So far so good about staying away from Boston Marathon news. I have not had a chance to watch the race so I have to stay in news avoidance mode for another few days. For me today was an elliptical day. An hour on it while watching The Osborne. It was pre-dawn and the Boston Marathon had yet to start.

About my students caught plagiarizing, I came down on calling them out during their presentation today. That and said they had until Wednesday to submit a revised version with all of the plagiarized material removed. I warned them that if I found any the next stop would the school's honor committee. Later on I received an email from one of the two students in the group apologizing and claiming it was the other team member's doing. I believe her. When reading the report it was clear one person was responsible for the plagiarized material. She wants a divorce and to finish the semester working alone. I am not sure what to tell her. There is a LOT of work in this class. In the 15 plus years I have taught this course only one student has ever successfully made it working alone. On the other hand, who wants to work with somebody that might get you in serious trouble?

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I felt sorry for myself all day because I couldn’t watch and follow the marathon all day.

Congratulations, to all of our masters runners.

I could tell from Joe’s splits that he was really working hard to hold it together...and he did.  We all know how it feels in those later miles and I was really hoping the Hanson’s plan was going carry him through.  I can’t wait for his report.  I thought about Joe and his effort during my strength run, today.  I was shooting for 6x1 in 6:30 each.  Joe’s effort inspired me to go 6:28-6:23-6:22-6:26-6:23-6:06.  Thanks Joe!  And congratulations!

Okay—gotta go.  See ya!

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, quite the day.  Tiger fallout, Boston, and then Notre Dame Cathedral.  Whew.  Congratulations Joe!

Got up in time to get in 5+ before work.  After work taught spin.  I wrote a Boston Marathon profile in 2015 and use it every year.

Tet, my apologies....I would have bet I'd typed this yesterday....Congratulations on your 12 hour race distance on Saturday!

Wildchild, great work on the 50k!

Tammy, congrats on a great half!

Harvey...er, Steve, thanks for the start and the photos.  One good thing about the snow...should have made the eggs easier to spot.

Have a greta evening everyone!

anneb

Evening all - quick gym day after work, 30 minutes elliptical and about 10 minutes of core/etc.

Have a good night!

Anne

an amazing likeness

Got forced to the Y by weather trying to mimic last year's Boston; only time for 3.4mi of treadmill joy.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Mariposai

Congrats Boston Joe!!! We can't wait to read your story, but hey, take time to recover and to delight in your amazing Boston journey.

As for me, just a mile walk as per my new knee aka baker cyst recovery plan. Another sloth day tomorrow, then a 6 miler on Wednesday..

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard