Masters Running

Sunday Morning Rain and Runs (Read 415 times)

Good morning good people. Got up early to find rain coming down so hard I swear I saw cats and dogs. So, I put a pot of coffee on and will sit down with the papers until it lets up a little.

Good luck to our MC and all other racers today. I hope the weather is better where y'all are this morning.

Who's it gonna be - Favre or Roethlsberger???

Tramps

I don't blame you for waiting out the rain, Jlynne.  Enjoy the coffee.

Fortunately, we got a beautiful sunny day here with comfortable temps in the 40s and foliage at about peak.  (The nearby Marine Corps Marathon runners have an ideal day.)

I did 10.3 @ 8:30 with some MP miles in there.  Felt easy this morning.

Have a good one.

Be safe. Be kind.

Tramps - you sure recover quickly.

I managed 6.41 miles at 10:20 pace.   Didn't seem all that easy.

Yes - it's beautiful in the mid-Atlantic today, and I am so happy for the MCM racers. They couldn't have asked for a better day.   We know a lot of first-timers from work, and we're anxious to see how they do.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Yes -- beautiful here in MD.  Wish I was running the MCM today Smile

12.2 miles, 1:43:43, 8:29/mi, AHR 148 (76% MHR)

5@8:58(137), 2@8:45(143), 5.22@7:55(160)

Felt great!

(nice run, Tramps)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Rain hit here yesterday.  Today is sunny and cool.

biketm congratulations on your race yesterday!  A sub 6 final 1.1 miles!!!! Incredible!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

It's beautiful morning here too!!!  37F & sunny

6.2 hilly but slow recovery miles, 1:04:10 club run & I picked up the rear, oh well someone gotta do it...

Tim way to run  

Enjoy your day!   

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

dg.

lots of nice recovery runs out there!   12.2?  don't know if I like you, Lou.  ;-)

7.72 for me, the weather was pretty nice, but I was cold.  10:01 pace.   I wanted to do 8 but after about 6 miles my right quad started to hurt.   It got worse instead of better, so I stopped.  It's so hard to stop short of the plan.    Though I just made the plan up so maybe it doesn't matter.  miles were 10:44, 10:05, 9:53, 9:51, 9:53, 9:47, don't know about the .72 part. 

Sarge, your turn.   Robert, you too.

Jeanne, have you tried the brussel sprouts they sell still on the stalk?  they're really good & they keep almost forever. 

I'm trying to catch up all over the place today but am going in circles a little bit.    It's a good day for yard cleanup so I'd better get back to it. 

6 miles in beautiful Danvers/Middletown, MA, this a.m.  Last night's rain left everything smelling clean and fresh.

Now we're chillin' in the Rodeway Inn just outside of Boston, more than ready to fly home tomorrow.  Ironically, I'm watching a really, really good movie about death ( ), which is leaving me with a very positive outlook on tomorrow's flight.   It's Oscar-winning material, I tell ya.  Oscar-winning.

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

I love watching Farve.. such a master!

Leslie... I'm not in the mood for a good death movie Smile

Last longish run before Sunday's marathon training run. 12 miles with 2 at 10:50 pace with the dogs then 10 at 9:38 pace. Didn't feel easy at all but AHR was a low 144. Need rest and carboloading!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

spacityrunner

A beautiful sunny afternoon run for me today.  62F, slight breeze, just fabulous.  Fall colors are beginning to pop out here and there...next weekend should be prime leaf peeping...

8.4 in 1:34:48 avg 11:18 m/m.  Splits: 12:26, 11:32, 10:30, 11:15, 10:31, 11:13, 11:03, 11:05, and .4 at 13:15

I went out late enough today that when I crossed the 14th St. bridge on my way to the Mt. Vernon Trail I got to see the last of the MCM runners that just made the cutoff time.  I figure I could see about 25 folks walking on the bridge.  My first thought was there is the march of the determined marathoners...as they were all walking by this time.  I wanted to give them shouts of encouragement but the traffic noise was too loud and they would not of heard me.  I hope that each and everyone of them made it to the finish line. 

Good runs and good day all...

Trails Rock!

pfriese

A beautiful sunny afternoon run for me today.  62F, slight breeze, just fabulous.  Fall colors are beginning to pop out here and there...next weekend should be prime leaf peeping...

I went out late enough today that when I crossed the 14th St. bridge on my way to the Mt. Vernon Trail I got to see the last of the MCM runners that just made the cutoff time.  I figure I could see about 25 folks walking on the bridge.  My first thought was there is the march of the determined marathoners...as they were all walking by this time.  I wanted to give them shouts of encouragement but the traffic noise was too loud and they would not of heard me.  I hope that each and everyone of them made it to the finish line. 

Good runs and good day all...

Not me walking on the bridge (though I did walk for a bit at mile 24). It was IRC for the marathon.

New PR 3:50:02

A good day.

Paul

spacityrunner

Not me walking on the bridge (though I did walk for a bit at mile 24). It was IRC for the marathon.

New PR 3:50:02

A good day.

Paul

Excellent!!!

Trails Rock!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Great job Paul!   Where is the official report though???

DH threw a surprise birthday party for me last night and what a party it was!   The BIGGEST surprise was that he invited an RA friend that we camped with last summer and they drove all the way over from the other side of the state to be there too!!!   It was so great.

He had it catered, bartenders and Karoke.   I'm afraid of what I'm going to see on Facebook later today. 

Out for 7 miles this morning as I ran back to the site of the party to drive my truck home.    Umm - did I mention that everyone had a really good time .... including myself??   Big grin

Happy Sunday!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

pfriese

Great job Paul!   Where is the official report though???

Think I'll get a nap in first Smile . Should have RR up tomorrow evening though. RunninginDC,  Opie from KR had a good marathon too.

Paul

Mariposai

Great job Paul. I knew you would nail this race. Great job for Opie too.

Timbo, way to go on that race yesterday. Great news indeed. Wow...you are going to do so well on your upcoming marathon.

The gorgeous weather today took my breath away. I just love autumn.

Twocat make sure you have a pale ale ready for me next week, Ok?

dg, careful with your recovery period. OK?

Posieson1 is starting work tomorrow. We talked over one hour on the phone today. He ran 2 miles today. Happy posie here.

I ran 10 miles (last 4m at MP) this afternoon thinking about you . This was the last LR in this training cycle. I am always so greatful to get to this point... safe and sound...and injury free. We go so many miles, we run so many hours, we stress the body so much that it really is a miracle that we get to the starting line ready to race. Thanks ohh wiseone for your guidance and to each one of you for being a terrific cheerleader.

The hard work is done, the suitcase will be packed tomorrow night and Wednesday I will be off on the metal bird to NYC.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard