Masters Running

Friday 12.8.17 Daily (Read 39 times)

Tramps

I am so not worthy of filling Jay’s shoes but, hey, somebody’s got to start this thing.

Deez—Yikes. Sounds like that could have been much worse.

Larva (my daughter) played all out every second she was on the court.

Mike—is your daughter’s name really “Larva”? There's got to be a story behind that.

They’re forecasting 2-6 inches of snow for us tomorrow, which in the “Snow in the South is Like Dog Years”TM formula means 14-42 inches for the rest of you. That’s why the grocery stores will be mobbed and—who knows—maybe the National Guard will be called out.  No groceries, but I did fill up the wood ring so I wouldn’t have to dig out firewood this weekend + a 4.5 mile run.

Have a great weekend!

Be safe. Be kind.

No run yet - church first, have a dr appt at 11:30, then driving out to the residential treatment center to drop off Justin's things.

Hopefully I will get in a run/workout later afternoon - not my favorite time of day, but needed sleep again this morning trying to fight off this cold/cough. The germs are out to get me this year!!

denise

Dave59

4 in the park in the dark this morning.

I miss Michigan snow. It is kind of disappointing when other people get snow and I don't........

Mike E

MM #5615

Mike—is your daughter’s name really “Larva”? There's got to be a story behind that.

No, her real name is Lori.  She spent the night with a bunch of girls when she was in 3rd or 4th grade and they came up with nicknames for each other.  Lori has been called "Larva" or "Larv" ever since.  Teachers, her students, parents of students--everybody calls her Larva...except her mother.  Her mother's weird...

TammyinGP

No run for me today. Company Christmas Party. Limo picks us up at 11:30 a.m. and brings us to the party venue in Medford (45 miles from the office I'm working in today). A few shots of Fireball on the way over. good thing they have appetizers out by the time we get there.

Tammy

Henrun

2 early this morning-1RW& 1 slow run. Have run 5 out of 6 days this week and did yoga and indoor cycling on non run day. All that activity because, unlike Dave 59, I don’t miss snow and it’s coming tomorrow. I used to love snow when I was a skier but age and arthritis have soured me on the cold. But living in New England Ihave to cope with the elements as best as I can.😎.

Deez- sorry about your colds- do you think it might be stress and your exhausting schedule? Glad Justin is following through.

Marathon Maniac #957

They’re forecasting 2-6 inches of snow for us tomorrow, which in the “Snow in the South is Like Dog Years”TM formula means 14-42 inches for the rest of you.

We are supposed to get a dusting tomorrow, I think, but they never seem to be very accurate at their snow forecasts so who knows?

No run for me today, just weights and core instead.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Deez - It sounds like Justin is putting himself on the right path.  It's not an overnight fix (as you well know), but one day, one hour, one minute at time. That's all that can be asked.  {{Hugs}}

The Hub's nickname has been Shorty since he was 3 months old and an uncle started calling him that.  No friends or family call him by his given name, which is Ken.  When we got married, my pastor was calling him Ken during the ceremony.  At one point my niece, who was 6 at the time, pulled on my bridesmaid's arm and said, "His name's not Ken, it's Shorty.  Why is he calling him Ken?"  

Office Christmas Party Tonight = Overeating.  Need to be sure to wear my stretchy clothes.

I'm struggling to get back my discipline of predawn running.  Ugh!

Image may contain: one or more people and indoor

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I miss Michigan snow. It is kind of disappointing when other people get snow and I don't........

...dave//.......you almost live in The South,

pretend you Hate Snow if only for Appearances Sake......

==============

...20-degrees with WindChill

..........50-min RC on Hills, and x-bike this afternoon

....................good Running to Ya......

eta-

[[[deez]]]

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

mrrun

You know it's a bad day when I've done the longest run - 6.1 miles along the charles - one way so I didn't have to deal with the wind and cold!

GOOD LUCK JAY and any other racers!!!  Jay - spend money, support Millinocket, and be careful in the snow!

marj

Best of luck to everyone struggling with addiction or other mental health issues with family members.  It's a tough journey.

2 rushed miles on the treadmill this morning before an early (for me) work meeting.  I'm not an early arriver here, so I had to deal with the school zones to get here before 8.  I made it!    Maybe I can run a little more after work.   It's very cold here (for us) but no snow.

2.1 more treadmill miles after work.  11 miles ahead of the pace bunny.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

wildchild

Carolyn

Howdy, Masters!

I ran with my masters Friday group this morning on a flat-ish trail down in town, where it was much warmer than at home, and snow-free.  We did 6.4 miles, and it was up to 50 when we finished!  Supposed to be even warmer tomorrow, when I'm meeting a group for a 20 mile Ugly Sweater run!

Interesting posts about selling on eBay the last few days - we've sold quite a bit of our excess stuff this year, and have lots more to go.  You do have to be careful of scammers - best to only sell to people with a history of good reviews on eBay, and only mail to certified paypal addresses that match the buyer's account info.  I've read about a common scam, which involves the buyer saying you didn't send what was pictured in your sale offer, and returning something similar but worthless, so they get to keep the product and the money (they get a refund.)  We thought we'd been taken by this scam when a person bought a $45 pair of boots, but complained that they had a  hole in them, and they wanted a refund. Of course there was no hole, but we said we'd be happy to refund their money if they returned the boots, and we figured they'd send us an old pair of boots and keep the good ones, and there's nothing we could do to prove that the boots in our listing were actually what we sent to the customer.  But at least making them return some boots to us before we refunded their money would make them go to some effort.  Well, we never heard back from them, so we got lucky, and it was only a $45 item anyway.  But I've heard this happened to someone who sold a diamond ring and had a fake ring returned to them!  So the lesson is NEVER sell something really valuable on eBay.

Tammy and Leslie, have fun at your company parties tonight!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

C-R

Best of luck to everyone struggling with addiction or other mental health issues with family members.  It's a tough journey.

Well said.

Yesterday was a busy run day for me. Had a Thursday hill workout with a group that includes mostly Tri folks. I started joining them for Hills for Dinner a couple of months past and really like the crew but the workouts are tough. I rushed from there to go to a Christmas lights run from one of our local running stores. It was lots of fun and met some new folks as well. I also realized I need to put a few more lights on the house.

Today's 4 treadmill run was on some sore quads. Work kept me from going outside but I'm not complaining as its quite windy and cold. tomorrows club run should be interesting - 14 degrees windy and flurries. Sounds like a great  day for a 10+ miler.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

My brother and SIL think theyr'e going to be able to sell my dad's HUMONGOUS collection of CDs on Ebay.  . . . they've had them for over 2 years now, so I don't think that's gonna be happening any time soon. 

My coworker has a bracelet of Christmas jingle bells on her wrist.  We're right across the small hall from each other.  I've had to listen to them all morning.  I may have to go in there and rip them off her wrist.   . . . or I could just close my door . . . .but where's the fun in that?? 

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I was able to go running at 14:00 again today.

6.2 @ 8:30  takin' it easy expecting a long run tomorrow

Not to rub it anyone's face or anything, but I had to take off my shirt because it was too warm when I was running. Another beautiful day on the Bay Trail in Richmond Cali. 

I have never been ripped off on Ebay, but my partner has (sort of). She bought some shoes for a really good deal from someone who had zero feedback. They never came, no answers to messages, and Ebay/Paypal (same thing) refunded her money. So I guess Ebay/Paypal got ripped off. Never buy from someone who has no feedback, or who's feedback is pretty limited and looks like they all came from the same person with different accounts. Also watch out for the scams where the price is great, but the shipping/handling is outrageous, like $150 for a book (I've seen this). Or my favorite: "Fender Stratocaster; this picture of a Fender Stratocaster is only $400 buy it now" And it's just a picture, but people overlook that ONE word.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying