Masters Running

Thursday 2/7/19 (Read 41 times)

SteveP

Dave59 hits the streets for thee miles and gets our hopes up for fresh meat. new members of the merry band of misfits. I hope the stress works itself out.

RunnerKSA gets out the door for 2.9. She burns it up for 2.5 on the treadmill after work. I hope you're back to normal soon.

C-R mills at the hotel gym for three.

HollyS keeps it indoors for 3 and core work.

Coastwalker uses discretion and opts for a rest day.

Rochrunner offers up a movie review and knocks out 12 on the bike trainer.

Joe618 enjoys a rest day until he changed his mind and went out for 8. Watch the wonky.

Fatozzig enjoys a gladitude mile!!!

Tom White has 30 minutes poolside.

(Music trivia: McDonald used to sing for Steely Dan, who I also listen to once in a great while.)

You're forgetting his side project "McDonald and the Chipmunks"

Tramps logs a nice 5K. I've found some interesting artifacts on the old trails out our way.

Quickadder has face 2 face time with an obscure legend.(Extremely kewl) He has 5 morning miles.

Mrrun shows off a wonderful day. Thank you for the pictures. We're landing in Tampa in two weeks. I hope I don't go through snow shovel withdrawals.

TwoCat boasts two and a quarter rehab miles!!!

AnneB Logs 3! (sounds like a title to a children's book)

Wildchild mixes it up all over the place. You are a wild one!

Surly Bill takes it easy for four and a half miles. He's bragging that nothing hurts. What's that like?

Evanflein has a pissed off 5.2. I'm so sorry for the aggravation. Tuesday night Tag and I had a person in a clunker repeatedly pace us then spin his times on the road slush. pull ahead. stop. and repeat when the dog and I caught up. this one didn't change my blood pressure much.

Falconfixer has a get well soon run for 6.

Spacityrunner has a hard four and begs for more winter!

The beloved Tetsujin209 surprised himself with another accidental 10.

MikeE checks in with 12.

I went out for 4.25 in the AM. The dog and I went out for an additional two. He was out of steam, but very happy to be out with the old man.

SteveP

mrrun

. We're landing in Tampa in two weeks. I hope I don't go through snow shovel withdrawals.

I'm sure you won't - we are definitely not suffering from cold/snow/ice withdrawal!

C-R

Thanks Steve for the recap and when in Tampa go check out Cigar City Brewing or Cycle Brewing. Two of the best in the land.

Do woke me at 5:30 so I hit the treadmill at 6 since its so foggy here I can't see the end of the driveway. Seemed safer.

Day trip for business in Dayton so actually a bit less hectic than usual.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Great recap, Steve, and I wish I knew why some drivers think it's sporting to harass cyclists and runners.  Have a good trip, Norm.

4.1 miles before work.  That will be it for today because my daughter's cycling team is having a fundraiser night at a nice jewelry store (the team gets a percentage of the proceeds), so I'll visit that and drop some bucks!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Thanks once again, Steve. M. McDonald singing with the Chipmunks is a pretty scary concept. Good workout with the steamed-out dog.

Nice response to the doggie wake-up call, C-R.

Good for you for supporting your daughter's fundraiser, KSA.

I always think that aggressive/harassing drivers like that are really insecure people. They think it's good sport to go after people who can't do anything back to them. Or is that a manifestation of their jealousy of runners and cyclists who are doing something for joy and for themselves?

I thought about going back to bed after feeding the cat this morning, but found myself getting dressed to head out for a workout instead. I got as bar as the end of the driveway before deciding that the roads were covered with enough icy slush from last night's precip. to ensure that it would be a very slow and slippery trip at best. So I went back inside for some stretching, core work, and make some progress on a document we're drafting. When I left for the office a few hours later, the roads were still slick and slippery, so I think I made the right call.

Have a greta Thursday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

dnaff

I'm one of Dave59's lurkers from yesterday.  This looks like a good place to be.  I suppose the next thing to do is find the newbie thread and introduce myself.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thanks Steve.

No more getting mad as buses for me, . . .

until tomorrow when the second snow of the year

is supposed to start falling at a very. supposedly precise1:00 p.m.

five miles - having driven in the snow all my life without incident (except when someone slid into me in 1976), will venture out in the family Volt later this morning to take DW to tennis classes that have been cancelled so far this week so, with no opportunity for another five milex2 commute if the bus doesn’t come again, registered five so pre-jay, crunchy-crackly, hard-packed, 21oF icy miles with trekking poles rarely experienced in Seattle consisting of two over-and-back total miles to the Hillside Park for another three miles of figure-eighting the six stairways therein to maximize ascending as many stairs as possible (800) that, completely unjay-like, instead of going back to finish up some documents, read the paper, answer/draft/catch up on e-mails, making breakfast for everyone, hosting guests, going to the office for the first of 38-and-a-half meetings scheduled before noon, etc. I went back to sleep.after I got back.  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ETA dnaff - any friend of dave's is a friend of mine, . . . as long as you run in the rain, are willing to try triathlons for fun and cross-training, don't train or wear tights, run barefoot, like stairs, trails and hills (sometimes called mountains), don't mind people who take more than seven hours to run their marathons, know how to post  pictures, and post in short, easy-to-read sentences.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Dave59

Hi Dawn (dnaff). I'm glad someone joined in.

I'm at the office today with no plans to workout or run.  It is never a good day to go to the office (because there are too many people around) but it is really uncomfortable today. It is going up to 70 outside today and apparently the heating system can't be turned off.  It is still set to "February" and blasting out warm air.  It'll give me an excuse to leave early today (not that I need one.)

I was a member of the other forum before I found this one when it was at CoolRunning.  I joined here because I was new to Michigan and there were so many Michigan people: SteveP, Roch, Tselbs, Deb, Bill, DaveinAA, and maybe others I don't remember now.  Dawn can correct me if I am wrong, but I think we were all on a RunnersWorld forum at one time but they changed the format to something that seemed unusable.  So Runango was formed and a number of people switched to it.

Dave59

ETA dnaff - any friend of dave's is a friend of mine, . . . as long as you run in the rain, are willing to try triathlons for fun and cross-training, don't train or wear tights, run barefoot, like stairs, trails and hills (sometimes called mountains), don't mind people who take more than seven hours to run their marathons, know how to post  pictures, and post in short, easy-to-read sentences.

I've been reading books by the old Puritans and like Tet, their paragraphs are usually made up of a single sentence.  I believe reading the books has made it easier for me to follow Tet's posts. 

I've been reading books by the old Puritans and like Tet, their paragraphs are usually made up of a single sentence.  I believe reading the books has made it easier for me to follow Tet's posts. 

"write like you talk" is a great shortcut for people who haven't had any formal training in writing. I think writing is like guitar playing in that most of the best rarely had any instruction, and are doing it "wrong".

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Henrun

4 miles this morning.Went out a bit late as it’s warming up and going to hit 80 today.

Went to a local restaurant last night and they had wonderful jazz in thei wine bar. Mostly locals there and it reminded me of the jazz bars I used to frequent in my younger years.

Tramps

Welcome Dawn! 

Steve--Civil War relic hunters are a big (and controversial) deal around here. I had requests to "hunt" my land, which I politely declined. (Did Michael McDonald really sing with chipmunks?)

Falcon--yeah, one of the only things I know about Winchester is that record for changing hands. The weird thing locally is reading things like "cannon fire destroyed the building on the corner of such-and-such street" and realizing, "Wait, I had lunch there last week!" And then, of course, the slaughter that was Fredericksburg is hard to wrap your head around.

Speaking of Virginia...  if things keep going the way they are, I'll be next in line to be governor soon. 

Our 22-mile bike route today. TriBee and I usually ride together but I went ahead and picked up the pace today, waiting for her at a couple of turn spots. Good little workout.

Be safe. Be kind.

Mike E

MM #5615

Speaking of Virginia...  if things keep going the way they are, I'll be next in line to be governor soon. 

Hide your year books!

...Welcome to dnaff.........

==================

-VENT ON-

Speaking of Drowning-

last night, during Choir Practice, the ''Flood Warning'' Apps started going off

..........as I was Driving home

at 9-pm in the rain

.................I suddenly found myself

in a ''Lake''

of what turned out to be about 2-feet of water

where

we normally have A ROAD

Reacting  instinctively,

I yelled ''C'MON BERT!!!!!!''             (my car's name is Bert)

and

gunned it to the top of the hill

and

scared

the Carp Out of Myself

I now have a New ''Rain Route''

.................which should be Rule #2 for this Group

-VENT OFF-

===============

...but I digress......

72-degrees (28-degrees tonite)

20-mph gusts

and

soggy as hell

..............50-min HH at soccerfields

1-lb boots 5-lb HandWeights

.......Good Running to Ya..........

...ps.....somebody tell dnaff we sometimes go on tangents around here......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mike E

MM #5615

dnaff—sometimes we go on tangents around here...