Masters Running

Thursday 2/7/19 (Read 41 times)

evanflein

I yelled ''C'MON BERT!!!!!!''             (my car's name is Bert)

...ps.....somebody tell dnaff we sometimes go on tangents around here......

You really named your car Bert? I think that's the best thing I'll hear all day. Other than Tramps becoming VA governor, of course.

Tangents? We don't need no stinkin' tangents!

Reacting  instinctively,

I yelled ''C'MON BERT!!!!!!''   

Henceforth, the new battle cry of the Masters Forum!!

Welcome Dnaff (aka Dawn)!  Do you by any chance dabble in the Dark Side (aka trail running)?  And we sometimes go on tangents around here.

Guitar-playing and doing it "wrong" - We watched a really good document about the band "Kansas" over the weekend.  "Dust in the Wind" came out of a finger exercise guitar player and songwriter Kerry Livgren did for years.  One day is wife told him, "You need to write a song using that" and the rest is rock history.

My upper hammy was pretty sore by the end of the day yesterday and still was this morning, so I took that as a good excuse to take a day off from everything, including PT exercises, which I haven't done since I started.  And "everything" is relative since I still have to be at work and get up and down outta my chair and go up and down the stairs and . . . .

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Tramps

Hide your year books!

Nothing to hide there.

That's why I'm expecting the call soon.

Be safe. Be kind.

Nothing to hide there.

That's why I'm expecting the call soon.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

dnaff

Now that I've worked out, here's my real post for the day.

2 dog walks with Misha and 40 minutes of yoga (with Adriene if that means anything)

fatozzig - I'm only a Dark Side volunteer.  The Hennepin 100 is in my neck of the woods and the first year I helped at aid station #1, the next years Misha and I popped up in random places for the first 6 miles and shouted encouragement.  Last year Misha and I manned turn 1.

tetsujin - sorry, but I wear tights a lot.  As in everyday since October under my jeans because I'm always cold.

tomwhite - tangents are good.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Dawn - yep, along with all our other goddesses,

you're definitely on the tights side of the equation

or anything else you want to wear or not.

ps - I'm the only one who honors my rules

but, in recent years <<<(old/old)>>>,

I've broken almost every vow

I ever made, anyway.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Joe618

Dawn, welcome!   It's a fun group.   Thanks for reading...post however it makes sense to you!

Moved my day off from yesterday to today.

Have a head cold circling and waiting for ATC to give clearance to land.    Hoping to divert it to another airport, but we'll see.

Temperature is dropping 40 degrees here in about two hours with heavy wind.   Good I took the day off, I guess.

Rock it, folks.

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

evanflein

Dawn are you in Minnesota? Reference to Hennepin is why I ask. Welcome, and post as much or as little as you feel like. And some people give "shout outs" to everyone but don't worry about that, totally optional.

I hope you can divert that head cold, Joe. No fun.

Looks like Seattle is going to get hammered again this weekend, starting tomorrow. Hang on, Tet! My dad and sister are heading home today, just in time.

Got out for another hilly run today, this time just a hilly route vs. hill repeats. Stayed on the bike paths today like the "grown ass woman" that I am. That guy still pisses me off when I think about it. Anyhow, had a pretty good run, plowed paths, mild temps, sore leg. I think it might be a low hamstring strain, where it ties in to back of knee on the inside. Aggravating more than anything. 5.6 miles today.

spacityrunner

Hi dawn. Glad to have you around!

no run for me today. The cold front came through about 8:00 am and brought with it everything but snow. Thunder lightning hail rain and high winds.  Temps have dropped about 30 degrees.  Brrrrr. So I just walked the dog today.

Trails Rock!

bioguy

1st good run in a while; 8.2 miles total, 7 miles of it at tempo (my planned marathon pace). Ran all abit faster but seemed to have trouble dialing it back.

Tailwinds!

pfriese

Rest day yesterday and today I didn't want to run outside (20 degrees with 20mph wind). So, I did the minimum; 5 miles on the treadmill.

Paul

A few months ago, the town of Paradise, CA, burned to the ground.  Paradise is about 6 hrs east of where we live.  An artist, Shane Grammer, is painting murals on the burned buildings.  His murals are entitled "Out of the Ashes."  Stunning.

Image may contain: tree, sky and outdoor

The picture below is of the homeowner, Helen Pace, who did not survive the fire:

Image may contain: outdoor

Image may contain: 1 person, tree, plant and outdoor

At Hope Christian Church

Image may contain: outdoor

These are just a few of the murals he's creating.

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, run after work.  Temps in the high 70s....but head and lungs didn't allow me to do too much.  Went 3.5 miles and called it.  Temps will be dropping tonight/tomorrow.  If I feel much worse I won't go home this weekend.

Today is DS#2's birthday.  He and DW went to lunch.

Tramps, yeah...the Grand Army of the Potomac definitely had a run of poor commanders.  You'd think after his performance at Antietam (continually trying to cross the bridge over the creek when it could have been forded any number of places) everyone would have known better than to entrust him with an army command.  And of course that army's commanders are weighed against the Army of Northern Virginia.  Once Davis placed Lee in command (an unpopular choice initially) along with key subordinates Jackson and Longstreet a legendary team was born.

Dawn, welcome!

Have a greta night everyone!

Been trying to get on here all day but it's been nuts here!!

Fortunately I was up early for spin/body pump/3.5 miles on the treadmill with .25 mile pickups x 6 -- felt soooo good!! Then sabotaged it all day with mindless bad eating!!!  Why do I do that!!

Wish I could post more but have to finish up packing - we have a 5:30 am flight to Fort Myers in the morning!! Can't wait for warm weather and sunshine!!!!  Nite all!!

denise

Joe618

Tramps, yeah...the Grand Army of the Potomac definitely had a run of poor commanders.  You'd think after his performance at Antietam (continually trying to cross the bridge over the creek when it could have been forded any number of places) everyone would have known better than to entrust him with an army command.  And of course that army's commanders are weighed against the Army of Northern Virginia.  Once Davis placed Lee in command (an unpopular choice initially) along with key subordinates Jackson and Longstreet a legendary team was born.

DW and I spent nearly a full day at Antietam last August on our way home from DC.   We hiked around the bridge you mention for close to an hour and saw the high ground above it where the snipers had open shots repeatedly.   Striking to see history in 3D like that. 

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.