Masters Running

40+ On the Run w/e 12/20/08 (Read 493 times)

Ultrachick

I want to be where Cindy is-bigger mountains and deeper snow. We just got 3-5" last night and this morning-was a long slow drive to the mountain this morning. Nice snow once I got there and actaully taught a couple lessons. Got home in time to get 4m in before having to go teach a Pilates class. Dinner at 8:45pm-there goes breakfast. Catch y'all tomorrow-another early morning with strength class at 6:30am-look at the time! Kelly
    If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.

Top 'O the World!

just think High School gym clothes.....+ maybe some kind of DeKalb ball cap.... Big grin ...gotta get some Holiday errands done down in Littleton...forecasted high of 36*....& so far, clear! (16* & still snowing up in Breck...weatherman talking feet!!) so, I'd better get Mairead out for a bit....she's getting very attached to this lazy life Roll eyes Weather forecast for Sunday's game is a "High" of 16* Tongue diggin out the hand/foot warmers for Abby...& maybe I won't stay for the whole game! ....hmmmm, pilates Wink
      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
        Somebody post some snow pics so I can pretend...... Cool Jewels
        But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
          Morning, Friends ~ Tuff 5 miles this a.m. I think I overdid it yesterday with the strength training, and my legs are dead, dead, dead right now. I took a couple of walking breaks, but still managed an even 10:00 pace, surprisingly. I had already decided I wasn't going to run tomorrow 'cause I'm going to a concert tonight, but was feeling a bit guilty. Not anymore! Big grin Looks like the fam damily won't be coming for Christmas this year. My dad and my step niece have to work over the weekend, which is when we were going to celebrate, my niece and her fiance don't think they'll be able to get over the pass with the storms coming in, and my nephew can't afford to fly out from Utah. We're gonna bag it until next year and plan earlier. I'm trying to not be too happy about this, but I really am not in the mood this year. I know! I know! Scrooge! But one year out of 42 ain't bad, right? So it'll be me, The Hub, and maybe our friend who spent Thanksgiving with us. Well, gotta get back to work. Later!

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Top 'O the World!

Here ya go Jewels: Weather Radar just a few ago Vail Pass this afternoon: Keystone Village (ski resort!) MTA: Driver's view, downtown Frisco @ 2pm
            Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
              I knew my girl Cindy would come thru with some pics.....dang, be careful. My step son lives in Worcester Mass and was without power for 6 days. Just got it back yesterday. Really crazy weather everywhere. My girlfriend lives in Las Vegas and was outside taking pics of her kids playing in the snow, they were so excited. Just left my mom's.....I've been stashing the gifts over at her place. Finally got over there to wrap them and bring them home to put under the tree. Knee feels pretty good today. Hoping for a short run on Saturday. Enjoy your evening all......Jewels
              But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
                Cindy - Could you make that last picture a bit bigger, please? Wink I'm watching it pour down rain outside my office windows. Yuck.

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Top 'O the World!

Cindy - Could you make that last picture a bit bigger, please? Wink .
                  I tried ~ really!! Tongue Skiers here are in HEAVEN!! (well, maybe could be just a tad warmer....but still....)
                    Cool pics for Jewels and Cindy! What a beautiful family! And Breckenridge is where I skied the very first time, so brings back some memories hearing/seeing your adventures there Cindy. I'm kind of like a little kid today... no time to read, just looking at the pics. Only got in 2 shortish runs this week. Going to the gym w/ my neighbor this afternoon, and she wants to swim, so that's the only ex I'll get today. Gotta get the wheels back on my running game....letting life crowd that out these days.
                    Progress Trumps Pefection

Top 'O the World!

Hey! I resemble that last remark, Carol! Wink. Waaay far behind on my Holiday baking, no lights on our house, gifts bought, but not wrapped....anyway, middle of it all last night (while getting mail) -quite w/o a watch, or ipod, or water bottle..I grabbed the leash & took Mairead for a spin around the neighborhood. It had stopped snowing & the clouds had lifted just enough to make all the Christmas lights glow a bit like Northern lights through them. Bright enough reflecting off the new snow to see really well for quite a ways..dead calm 20 degrees..kids squealing while sliding down a hill over in the park, the sounds of tfc muffled & distant....aahhhh! Magical! Making 1st tracks on some of the paths.. & the easiest run I've had in quite awhile! Smile Off to work now..Have a Greta Day Everyone!! Cindy

jfa

Nice pics Cindy!- I'm kinda jealous , I used to do a lot of skiing but not so much lately. Certainly don't miss driving in that stuff. Work days have been busy ( good thing) so the past 2 nights have been running till 9pm. Managed to get over 20m on last 2 runs and topped 2000m for the year.Woohoo! Happy Friday All!!

Morning, Gang ~ Rest for me. Went to a Sarah Bareilles concert last night, and didn't get home until around 11:00. She's an extremely talented, locally grown girl making huge waves on the pop scene. Absolutely fantastic concert. To me, a live concert is a true measure of someone's talent. You can't tweak a voice to make the singer more in tune when they're singing live. I've been to many a concert where it's obvious a lot of work is done in-studio to make someone sound better. This young lady has a phenomenal voice and range, and is a very accomplished pianist - all self-taught. Well, the retiring boss (John) has finally voiced that he'll no longer be working here come Jan 1. Wow, thanks for the heads-up. Roll eyes Now, of course, lots of things need to get done within the next two weeks. Well, suffice to say that (1) he's off my Christmas list for the year, and (2) I won't be busting my butt to get things done. I even told the staying boss (Bill) that I thought John had his head up his a$$ over this whole thing. Bill kind of looked at me like, well . . . Don't get me wrong, I really like John, and he and Bill have treated me extremely well over the years, but with this whole thing, John has acted like a moron. And not just to me. Thankfully, Bill has kept me well apprised of the goings-on, and the job offer at the other office is still open and they are eagerly awaiting my arrival. But with John, it's the principle of the matter. Evil grin . . . . Okay, I'm done ranting. Smile Lots of rain headed our way over the next few days. Anticipating a cold, wet 10 miles on the trails tomorrow. Stay safe, and try to stay warm!

Leslie
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

No time to visit right now. But do have to share my run. 6 miles...first 3 at easy 10:12 pace....last 3 at tempo 9:07 pace. 45F no wind......another beautiful day in Oklahoma. I'll be back to visit after awhile. Later my friends.
                            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

flatland mountaineer

Hi gals and guys. It was sub zero at run time this morn and had a busy morning anyway so we moved it to late afternoon. Lynda got in 3 and I got in 4+ , 20 deg F no wind, a really nice albeit brisk nite. More later.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Hey gang. Lots of nice talk about the snow, gym work outs, Christmas shopping and wrapping and some good runs. fatozzig....so sorry the family won't be getting together this Christmas. Since you can't be together in person, try and make a point to be together in spirit. I'm gonna have to google Sarah Bareilles....glad you had a good time at the concert. mtnchck....nice pics of the snow! I saw some just about like that in person this past week. Not as much though. Didn't mind that! Joe....a huge congrats on the 2000 mile year! WOW! That deserves some crazy eyes. Shocked Jim....nice run for you and the mrs. in very cold temps....at least the wind was kind. It's been pretty cold around here too, but we had a really nice day today. Turning cold again tomorrow for awhile. Later my friends.
                                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM