Masters Running

Tue July 21 Runs and Workouts (Read 424 times)

dg.

morning!

this is so nice.  PDR, Liz, Enke.   (order of posting this time)

Perch,   healing vibes to your knee.  How is it today with the numbing stuff?

Sue, how are your weeds?

Slo_hand you are really fast. 

Holly you too!

Nono, yes, that is good.   And btw,, no way you're slow.  (um, reference jellyfish Wink )    More on coconut water later.

another belated comment... Kevin & SteveP, thanks!  :-)

Enke, I'm sorry about the long comeback trail but I'm so glad you're on it.  so nice to have you posting.   and that your legs remembered how to move.

Erika, you've been doing a lot!   I was thinking of something you said a while ago, while I read your later post from yesterday.   You'd said something like "I just made the best of it".... well you always do that!  Hope you feel better.  rest up!

I got to the river & felt strangely  unencumbered.   Realized I'd left my polar at home. . But I ran anyway!!! ;-).    This is a cutback week.   I was able to get a pretty accurate pace/distance thing thanks to usatf's hybrid view - map & satellite. You can even see the park benches.  Anyway, it worked out ok.  Plan was for 4.5 miles at base pace, & I ran 4.92 miles,  (best estimate) at a 10:18 pace. I don't think I can push much more than the plan asks for in general, but was thinking this morning maybe I'll see how it works to bump all the runs by about 10%, it isn't much, but I might end up better prepared.  There's on ly 1 20 miler scheduled. 

Looking at the plan (not like I haven't done it almost daily)  was scary today!  Not enough weeks left. 

Morning, Folks -

Haven't been around 'cause of family in town since Friday. (What?  Fatozzig''s been missing? )   I cannot believe how much food we put away this weekend.  Wine tasting and BBQ on Saturday with enough food for 30 people as opposed to the 17 who were there; BBQ chicken, salad, green beans, and bread on Sunday; smoked ribs, potato salad, and roasted asparagus yesterday - oh man.  Too, too much, but boy howdy was it ever dee-lish!  The Hub's smoked ribs were unbelievable, literally falling off the bone.  I think he's found is calling with this smoker.

Anyway, all that food came back to haunt me this a.m. during my 5 miles!   Camethisclose to a frigging bathroom incident!  Let's just say that if it'd been a little bit darker, I would've dug a whole in someone's yard.  Cripes, the 10 min walk - I absolutely could not run - to the grocery store was sheer agony.  Guess all the eating I did this weekend didn't appreciate the speed work.   However, family left this a.m., so it's back to eating normal again (too bad).

5 miles this a.m. with 6 x 3 intervals (at least I guess that's what you'd call them).  Drove over to the zoo so I could run them on flat road.  I think I programmed my Garmin wrong because it lapped every 3 minutes the entire 5 miles as opposed to just the 6 x 3 intervals when I had it start clocking them down. Oh well.

Later, kids ~

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Slo

Leslie.....I hat those moments that could become movements...

Once I dashed into a C-store about double over in pain.....got to the restroom door and wouldn't you know it......Ya gotta go to the counter for the key ! Geez, friggin willikers batman.....So close....to often....one of these days.

This has got to be the most painful picture on the internet....if your a runner.

If you dare to look

You've been warned......There's a reason for the link and not posting the pic

wildchild

Carolyn

Hmmm,  the planets seem out of alignment today: Sue and Erika are running on the dreadmill, SloHand and Karin are running barefoot, PDR and WRFB can't find Boston lodging, Tramps has no energy, Jeanne saw a dead deer, Perch has a bum knee, Deb forgot her polar, and Leslie posted TMI. 

But on the bright side, Holly has new shoes, and Enke, Liz, and Helen are back with us today!

I have new shoes, too!  My birthday present to myself; just arrived last night.  And it's cooler today, so I'm looking forward to my RAW.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

SLO - All I get is a bunch of gobbledee-gook.  And one of these days I'll have to share my didn't-make-it-in-time moment.  Yeah - it was one for the books.

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

PDR (and others)

I always try to get the lodging before registering.  Marathon Tours has their lodging sheets out in April.

If the Intercontinental is still available, you should try it.  The PBJ family has stayed there twice.  It's a bit of a walk (or use South station), but it's very nice.  This year we will be at the Marriott.  The kids agree that it's got the best pool.

Nine miles in a humid drizzle this morning.  Felt sproinky for the first time in quite a while.  Must be the biggest loser contest.  I'm down 8.8% (1st place at the moment, but there are lots of contestants within range).  Think I'll celebrate by eating a Ben and Jerry's upside down. 

Slo

SLO - All I get is a bunch of gobbledee-gook.  And one of these days I'll have to share my didn't-make-it-in-time moment.  Yeah - it was one for the books.

I checked the link.....it works but if you really want to see it you can try this.

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/380808/559305.jpg

You'll need to cut and paste into your browser. It's a dead link here.

Slo

Hmmm,  the planets seem out of alignment today: Sue and Erika are running on the dreadmill, SloHand and Karin are running barefoot, PDR and WRFB can't find Boston lodging, Tramps has no energy, Jeanne saw a dead deer, Perch has a bum knee, Deb forgot her polar, and Leslie posted TMI. 

But on the bright side, Holly has new shoes, and Enke, Liz, and Helen are back with us today!

I have new shoes, too!  My birthday present to myself; just arrived last night.  And it's cooler today, so I'm looking forward to my RAW.

Renee the dog

I checked the link.....it works but if you really want to see it you can try this.

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/380808/559305.jpg

You'll need to cut and paste into your browser. It's a dead link here.

Slo, wasn't a dead link for me -- and yeah, it's the picture I thought it would be...I think he's running 'till he finds a hose....

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I ran 3 miles this morning in Wiscasset, a harbor down up the coast.  Hilly!  Then when I was at breakfast at a B&B with my mom, daughter, and niece, DH called and said we had an office emergency, so I had to leave my family and come home immediately!  My dad drove back to the B&B to take my place.  Sigh.  Part of the downside of having your own company.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

equivalent of 190.84 marathons from Tokyo-Seattle in 8:28:43 (00:00:06.1/mi) in hopes of catching up to this evening's boomer reunion at Icon Grill, . . . and maybe chance to add some more attire, etc. to beloved Mr. Pink's repertoire. Hope he, enke and others make it too with evanie, posie and divie.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Ewwww, SLO!!  I particularly enjoyed the expressions on the spectators - priceless!!

Congrats to all of you with NEW SHOES - yeah!!  Gotta love 'em.

jlynne - try some Deer Out (gotta buy it online - I haven't seen it in any stores).  It works great as long as you remember to keep with any new growth. 

dg - weeds are great!!

It was soooo good to get back to yoga - challenging but satisfying workout. 

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Ah, cripes!  That photo is gonna haunt that guy for the rest of his life!!

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Slo

Ah, crap!  That photo is gonna haunt that guy for the rest of his life!!

Fixed.....

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!  (This doesn't seem to be his OR my problem . . .)

Leslie
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance