Masters Running

Weight loss challenge - week # ???? (Read 458 times)

Okay, I waited until 10:00 PM. No one weighed in today?? Are we giving up on the weight loss challenge people? Holly? Leslie? Nono? Enke? Denise? Eliz? Mary? Hello - is anyone out there? 124 for me this morning, which is down one pound. Instantly celebrated by eating 4 double stuff oreos and a glass of milk for breakfast. Hey - that's almost as good as a bowl of Kashi. Big grin

Beginner all over again

Hi I'm new Smile What's the challenge?

Mariposai

FracesRe, welcome. you are so cool. You are at the right place. We are right were you are. Kept the weight this week. I think running the marathon helped. Thanks for this thread. It keeps me motivated and honest.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

What's the challenge?
          How about we call this one the "OMG I have to appear in public in a swimsuit in 4 weeks!" Challenge. I'm in for this one. Goal: lose 3 lbs in 4 weeks. I've marked my starting weight on the calender. Here goes. Frances - just pick a 4-week goal for yourself. Doesn't have to be weightloss, it can just be trying to start a healthy habit or break an unhealthy habit. We'll weigh in every Thursday to mark our progress (if your goal is weightloss). You don't have to tell us your starting or ending weight, just how you're doing with meeting your goal. BTW, Frances, have you started using the running log here? It's very user friendly and a great way to track your workouts and shoe mileage.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Renee the dog

I'm here. I'm not under 130, but I'm LOVING my snack or breakfast replacement meal of vegetable juice. I feel so much less "loaded" on the days I do it (right now 3 days a week). I'm using vegetable juice and water as the base and then just blending (not even juicing) whatever else is in the fridge into it. So far, nothing has tasted bad! Spinach, watercress, radishes, onions, etc. have gone in...basically it's a salad in a cup. I love salad -- when someone else makes it! So, this is working to get some more veggies in me. I thought of something last night as I was out picking up a small hoagie (turkey) with the kids, as I was beat.: There's a reason there's a small size of all of the foods offered. Remember a long time ago we talked about frames? I have a small frame. Why do I always choose the medium size of serving? Seems like I should be choosing the small.... Black eye So last night I had the medium sized hoagie, but my kids were sharing it with me... At least I had the ah-ha moment. Roll eyes Now to put it into practice.... I also practiced some cake aversion therapy this week and it worked. I found a 1/4 sheet cake for $4.99 from my store bakery that wasn't made up of my favorite ingredients. I ate about 8 pieces of it, and then threw the rest out. If it had been my favorite icing and cake, I'd have polished off the whole thing by today. If it had been regular price, I'd have eaten the whole thing, because I spent money on it. The fact that it went in the trash is a big success. And now I'll remember that I threw cake out and feel guilty for at least 6 months and not buy another, no matter what the price.... Anyway, I'm not going to report actual weight until I'm under 130, 'cause that's my first goal.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Prince of Fatness

How about we call this one the "OMG I have to appear in public in a swimsuit in 4 weeks!" Challenge.
              Not to be sexist, but this must be a woman thing. By no means am I paper thin, but when the time comes I'll put the swimming trunks on and go, not worrying about being seen in public in them. I figure I won't be the fattest out there so there will be others for people to focus on. Getting to my progress ..... March 27 - 168 lbs. April 3 - 167.5 lbs. April 10 - 169 lbs. April 17 - 168 lbs. April 24 - 167 lbs. My goal is to be 165 or under throughout the summer so I am getting close.

Not at it at all. 

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Oh, I've been avoiding the scale in general ..... thanks to DH buying 18 ..... yes 18 boxes of Girl Scout cookies!! Angry I am going to have to pretend it is Lent again and give up Thin Mints. Jlynne - I love the reward to yourself. LOL! I have had chocolate chip muffins on the brain for the last 3 mornings, but so far have avoiding buying one. After my run, and drinking a cup of coffee I decided it was time to step back on the scale and was happy to see 134.2 - I thought it would be much higher. I really need to be somewhat good for the next 3 weeks before my 25K. I think a little less weight will help me some. Thanks for starting us JLynne and congratulations. Welcome Frances! Holly - I think I will go with your goal of 3 pounds too. Sounds reasonable - possibly doable. NoNo - I will order Mediums now thanks to your analogy. Evil grin PH - your progress is inspiring!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Beginner all over again

just pick a 4-week goal for yourself
                  Okay, I'm in ! Smile I've weighed the same for the past four weeks.... might be a good time to try to change that one Wink Thursday weigh-in it is

Marathon Maniac #957

I found a 1/4 sheet cake for $4.99 from my store bakery that wasn't made up of my favorite ingredients. I ate about 8 pieces of it, and then threw the rest out.
                    You threw out CAKE? Perish the thought! Shocked I'm far too cheap to buy cakes at the bakery, lol (and I can't bear to throw anything out). I spend about $2.25 for a box mix and canned icing, bake a cake, and after a couple days I put what’s left (usually about half) in the freezer. 3-4 weeks later, out it comes, as good as the day I put it in. Maybe better. I, too, am a fan of tomato juice or V-8, and I love your idea about blending in extra veggies – I have to try that!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

ok - i'm still in too ........ didnt report in last week cuz i was so disgusted with myself for eating sooooooo much chocolate -- this week much better!! i'm going to start this challenge with reporting my weight so i can see the dirty numbers in print!! wed - 136 friday 137 --- what the heck?? ok from here on clean healthy eating!! now i need to go take a little nap before my double shift -- working 3p-7a so always a challenge on how/when/what to eat to be consistent!!

denise

evanflein

Denise I bet that schedule of yours makes a regular eating plan almost impossible. I was 139 the morning of the day we left for Boston (last Friday) and I was 144 this morning. So... I really tried to be good, but probably ate way too much on Sunday considering I only ran a half marathon on Monday Roll eyes but still, 5 lbs? Ok, I might've been artificially low before I went (stress and taper so I was eating less, maybe water weight loss?) but still, even if I go to 141 which has been my norm for most of this year, that's a 3 lb gain. And now I'm not running much, and just about any activity causes some discomfort so I'm basically slugging it and finding solace in the fridge. Gotta knock that off, now.
                          now i need to go take a little nap before my double shift -- working 3p-7a so always a challenge on how/when/what to eat to be consistent!!
                          Holy cow, Denise - 16 straight hours? And I thought I was tired this a.m. (and boy am I) after not getting to sleep until almost midnight. But that was my own fault, sort of. Bonkos always keeps me out later . . . and I didn't even come home with any of the dinero. Evil grin Frances - Welcome! Everyone's very encouraging here. PH - Your steady progress has been very inspiring. JL - Big grin Nono - You never cease to crack me up. I, too, am trying to drink my small V8 every day, in the afternoon. I'm really enjoying it. Well, by getting up late every single morning this week, I completely blew my plan of starting each day with oatmeal, which I think really helped how I felt throughout the day the last two weeks. So between that and feeling like I've been on a mini eating frenzy, I said goodbye to my 138 weight of last week and hello again to 142. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. Anything below 140 is too hard for me to maintain, so as long as I stick between 140-142, I'll be happy. So my goal during the next phase is get back into my routine of a good morning breakfast, and trying to get more sleep at night. Besides working during the day, I've been going home and working 2-3 hours at night on a huge transcription job (I'm not even close to being done), the topic of which is less than savory . Between that and this week having been Nighttime Hot Flashes Hell, my butt has seriously been dragging.

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Between that and this week having been Nighttime Hot Flashes Hell, my butt has seriously been dragging.
                            Amen, sister! I stopped taking my hormone replacement meds 3 weeks ago because I've been worried about the risks of staying on them too long (and also thought they may be causing my weight gain). Last night, the fourth -yes, FOURTH - hot flash at 3:45 AM was so bad I had to get up, sponge off, get a dry pillow case (DH wasn't excited about me taking ALL the bedding off) and open the window to get some air circulation in the room. I couldn't fall back to sleep because I kept thinking "I have to fall asleep before the next one comes." It's a good thing today was a rest day because I feel like a walking zombie. I keep trying to remember the Serenity Prayer" but I don't know how much more I can take. Go back on meds, or not sleep until I turn 60? Think, think, think..... Confused
                            SteveP

How about we call this one the "OMG I have to appear in public in a ribbed black Batman tank top in 4 weeks!" Challenge.
                              Swoon...... I was weighting waiting for this to start up again. The Dr wants me to loose 30 lbs. I want to lift him over my head. 215 today. I was hoping for ice cream will power. Now I'll try something different

SteveP

JLynne - My running buddy said she read somewhere that hot flashes/night sweats can increase with more extensive workouts. She's been training for a 50k in a couple of weeks and has been having horrible night sweats. Cripes, I'm not looking forward to that. As far as baring my bod in a bathing suit (or batman suit) - I try to as little as humanly possible. Dead

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance