Masters Running

Finally Friday, July 16 Daily Runs and Stories (Read 433 times)

Slo

I don't know what high heels does to the Achillies but I know what it does to a Shapely Pair of Gams !

Marathon Maniac #957

Mariposai, I'm at the southern tip of NJ - on a sandbar hanging off a peninsula.  

http://www.bing.com/maps/#JnE9LndpbGR3b29kK2NyZXN0JTJjK25qJTdlc3N0LjAlN2VwZy4xJmJiPTU1LjI3MDUyMTk4NDg3MzYlN2UtMzQuMTg0NjM4OTc3JTdlMTcuOTY0MzgzNjM1NDElN2UtMTE1LjU3MTM1NzcyNw==

What a lovely place that must be to live!  All that beach and access to water.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Joey - I watched a program (on PBS??) a few years ago about women and wearing high heels on a consistent basis.  It was gross.   The deformity of the feet, the shortening of the Achilles tendon so that they had to walk around on tiptoe when shoeless.   I'll wear heels when dressed up, but I can only keep them on a couple of hours.  I have a friend who constantly complains about her knees hurting - - - she rarely ever wears anything but high heels.  I would think she would get the "Duh" factor on that one, but obviously not.

SRD for me.  Met with Coach yesterday to discuss the next 5 or 6 months of training.  Looks like I'll be going a lot of long hill repeats.  If it makes me a better climber, I won't complain (. . . too much . . .).  Also asked him about doing two 50-milers next year.  He said it would depend on how far apart they are, so I need to do some digging on the internet.  Unfortunately, because of where we live, participating in races of any length requires staying out of town at least one night, usually two, so it gets expensive.  I may have to have my own 50-mile FatAss, even if my fat a$$ is the only one out there.

Have a great weekend, friends.  Stay safe ~

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

dg.

Hi everybody Smile

Byll...   I'm sorry the guitar playing isn't coming along like you'd hoped.    You sound like me re medical procedures. 

; p.     Speaking of medical procedures... that link you sent sounded, well, interesting!   not quite the method they used with me (; - ) ) but it might have been tough with a hernia.   I'd also meant to say.. please give Deb a hug for me.

I don't wear heels.    well, actually, I did Wednesday but that was most unusual.   The first time in years & years. 

Lot's of catching up to do.... peeked at the end of yesterday's thread & the first thing I read was Holly talking about being numb for something.   eek.  

Thanks for a ll the good wishes for my aunt & her family.   I passed them on, & they really seemed to appreciate it.

I ran at the gym this morning because I needed to start early, & mainly because I was a wimp... I saw the forecast last night & just didn't want to face one more really really humid day, no matter how much I like it.   I'm glad I did though, it gave me some much needed encouragement.  I can't believe how much easier it was, even though it was a little humid still at the gym.  (fogged windows)    I forgot my Polar, which was dumb... I just got it working again... so, counting laps & watching the timer clock, it was 6.5 miles, av. pace 9:43.   The plan said 1 easy, 3 @ 10K pace & 1 easy.  Since I missed a run for the Ohio trip, I added another 1/2 easy & 1 @ (my guess at) 5K pace.  miles were 10:145. 9:50, 9:35, 9:25, 1/2 @ 9:47, 9:15, 9:47.  

TammyinGP

and i'm ignoring all references in the recent dailies about doctors appointments as i'm long overdue for any type of medical check-up - in fact, my clinic has even quite sending me notices since i've ignored the last 2 yrs of them . . .

Tammy

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

and i'm ignoring all references in the recent dailies about doctors appointments as i'm long overdue for any type of medical check-up - in fact, my clinic has even quite sending me notices since i've ignored the last 2 yrs of them . . .

TAMMY!!!!    Okay gang - I think it is time for a road trip and duct tape may need to be involved too.    Seriously though, call and make an appointment!!!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

...packing the duct tape....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

TAMMY!!!!    Okay gang - I think it is time for a road trip and duct tape may need to be involved too.    Seriously though, call and make an appointment!!!!

but i'm fine and nothings wrong with me

Tammy

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

so then there is nothing to worry about when you go then is there?      they need a baseline of what is normal for you and a history ...... 

I'm picking you up Holly ..... anyone else?   I'm sure Deb will go.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

I'm but a couple of hours from her.  I'll meet you there.

PS - Mary, I left you a big ole long post over at Predawn Patrol.

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

dg.

so then there is nothing to worry about when you go then is there?      they need a baseline of what is normal for you and a history ...... 

I'm picking you up Holly ..... anyone else?   I'm sure Deb will go.

um, , sure I was just thinking I'd love to go!    and just before that, I was thinking that Tammy's procedure sounded very much like mine.   heh.   well.  

hey we can do an RV thing.   travel the country.   

dg.

Ok setting all that aside, I have a silly question.   What size drink cups do they usually use at races?   I want to practice using them on the run.   hopefully while no one is looking. 

Marathon Maniac #957

ROAD TRIP!!

TammyinGP

Ok setting all that aside, I have a silly question.   What size drink cups do they usually use at races?   I want to practice using them on the run.   hopefully while no one is looking. 

dixie cup size. and when I grab one on the run, I pinch the rim of the cup and drink from it that way. Tet taught me this and it works well to prevent gulping down air while drinking and preventing more of the water ending up on shirt instead of in your mouth. Tet's pretty smart . . . even though his fuel during a race is raw oysters and wine. . . . 

Tammy

You need one man along........to....ummmmm........(there has to be a reason)..........PICK ON !!!!!

What a fun bunch to go on a trip with !!

Vista