Sub-4 Marathon Group

March 2013 (Read 56 times)

Ball of Fury

Morning Donuts!  I decided to sub 7.5 easy miles in place of my tempo this morning, since my legs are still a bit dead and my ITB is fairly unhappy...probably should have skipped the entire run, but I just couldn't do it!  It was COLD (feels like 16) this morning and I had on so many layers, I don't think I could have run 8 min/mile anyway.  7.5 miles @ 9:58/mile done.  Hopefully, I will be back on track next week!  PT this afternoon.  Have a fabulous Thursday everyone!

Nick:  Welcome back!

Sprinkles:  You will be fine!  My work hours are really weighing heavily on me these last couple weeks too!

Cmb:  Good to see you..how is your recovery going?

Dtf:  Now I want nachos!

Onemile:  Ouch!  I am going this afternoon and I am going to try to convince them to be a bit more aggressive with the Graston.  There is a spot just above my knee that is so painful right now, I could barely stand to foam roll it.

Roll:  Nice 400s...those are speedy!

Flinders:  Nice run...sorry you have had the crud.  Hope you continue to recover!

Indy:  That's a nice workout!  Good luck on your 20-miler this weekend.  Is it weird that I am looking forward to really long runs during my next cycle?

Josh:  Kudos to you for finishing the run....those are some serious winds!

Docket:  Sounds like you are having a good trip!  Good luck this weekend!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

onemile

Sprinkles - I'm sure you'll be fine. We can all only do what we can.

Roll - looking good! Nice pace on the 400s!

Flinders - nice pace on the easy run!

indi - wow, super job on the intervals.

josh - 50mph wind gusts? Can't imagine.  Awful.  Good mental toughness practice if nothing else.

Damaris - hope you're having fun!

Amik - I never have to ask my chiro to be aggressive. He loves to inflict pain on me. Haha.  Sounds like you're still recovering from your race. I wouldn't worry about it.

15 with 9 at GMP tonight for me.  My hip and quad are a little sore from my graston but not bad.

Smashy!!!

Morning all,

Some easy miles today. It's still cold, but we are getting some sun; so I might do more than 4.

Josh, were you exaggerating or did you really encounter 50 mpw winds? That's like hurricane force isn't it?

Ami, good luck with PT. Get aggressive with the Graston.

Onemile, good luck with your Tempo. Stay disciplined, my friend.

Docket, have fun in LA. I miss my home.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

White Lightning

I wish i was exagerating but It's called a chinook.  Warm winds whip down from the Rockies that come from the pacific and blow like crazy for a day and melts everything real quick then freezes the next day.  We usually get a few a year but that was our first this winter.  55f yesterday and 25f today.  Its normal enough that my BBQ and patio furniture are fastened to my deck or they would blow away

Play the Game Hard!

Smashy!!!

I wish i was exagerating but It's called a chinook.  Warm winds whip down from the Rockies that come from the pacific and blow like crazy for a day and melts everything real quick then freezes the next day.  We usually get a few a year but that was our first this winter.  55f yesterday and 25f today.  Its normal enough that my BBQ and patio furniture are fastened to my deck or they would blow away

What were you doing running in that wind!!! Safety first!

PS: I always wondered what a chinook is (I think there is a helicopter in the US Army named the chinook).

Well done, Josh!

In fact you all seem to be reporting really solid runs (other than those sidelined or recovering).

I feel a bit embarrassed at my lack of enthusiasm, something which seems to strike every year about this time.

What happens is I simply get tired of running in cold or wet or windy conditions and lose patience with the whole thing until spring starts properly.

At least we don't get winds like they do out west, chinooks and prairie clippers!

Or heat and humidity like those in the southern US- I guess I really have no reason to complain.

My wife saw an amusing sign on the back window of a truck, three of those stick people and the words "Run stick bastards!"

She couldn't see if the driver was overweight...

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  4th day of no running.  I am going to force myself to run today or tomorrow....

Cbus, I love California and its weather!

Damaris

nachosgrande

Don't have the time to read through all of the last couple months of posts, but I did check a couple past pages and see that Nachos has returned to using nachos as his avatar. I have to say this makes me happy (and hungry), as nachos are just about my favorite food and I was a little disappointed when he previously switched to an actual picture.

Nick - I brought it back for you, bro!  Smile

Docket - Welcome to SoCal.  Smile  Some great weather we've had down here the past two days (and today).  I think it's supposed to cool off a tad by the weekend.

Ami/Josh - Nice training runs.

Indy - Those are some fast 1600's.  Nice job and can't wait to see you kill it come race day.

Rode 30 miles on the exercise bike each of the past two days.  Starting to enjoy it a bit, though I'd prefer to be getting in my workouts outdoors.  I'm going to start squirreling money away so I can pick up a decent road bike for the summer.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Josh - Do Work!!!

Persevere!!!!!!! To quote Jedi #dowork

Afternoon Donuts! I have not had time to post last couple of days, Work has been busy and off today but have friends visiting from FL. Overslept yesterday, but squeezed in 5 miles last nite and another 6.75 easy ones this morning. Just enjoying my PRand taking it easy this week. next week I will start some hard HM work for 6 weeks before my next HM in Frederick.

Good running all!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Got in 7 easy @ 9:34, and felt great. I guess that's what a week off will do for you. The sun was out, so that was real nice.

Happy running all!

White Lightning

Simon - In no way am I enthusiastic about running through the winter up here.  I'm 99% certain that next winter, if I don't live on a beach somewhere, I won't be training for a spring marathon, probably just base building and maintaining all around fitness.  It got old a few months ago, like in November.  The toughest part is the teasing where you think its about to get warm and sure enough its snowing today.  Pretty ugly week it looks here.

Cbus - If I make an excuse for missing a run once, i'll do it again so no skipping.  At least it was shorts and t-shirt weather and was only sustained 20 mph.

Legs are starting to feel surprisingly good this afternoon.  Lots of stretching and working out the sore spots, maybe the tempo is in the cards tomorrow.

Play the Game Hard!

DetroitTigerFan

Did any of you see this runners world article today :

http://www.runnersworld.com/nutrition-runners/how-eat-during-long-runs?cm_mmc=NL-Nutrition-_-1229288-_-03142013-_-How-to-Fuel-During-Long-Runs

I think the fueling picture is funny - can you imagine running like that ?

Smile

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Ball of Fury

I swear at Disney I saw people with what seemed like that many gels!

Did any of you see this runners world article today :

http://www.runnersworld.com/nutrition-runners/how-eat-during-long-runs?cm_mmc=NL-Nutrition-_-1229288-_-03142013-_-How-to-Fuel-During-Long-Runs

I think the fueling picture is funny - can you imagine running like that ?

Smile

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

PS: I always wondered what a chinook is (I think there is a helicopter in the US Army named the chinook).

Also a Native American tribe from the Pacific northwest.  And a species of salmon.  And a helicopter (I think the US Army names most of its  helicopters after Native American tribes: Chinook, Apache, Blackhawk, Kiowa, etc.).  I hadn't known about Chinook wind.

I skipped running today.  I went to pick up my race packet at lunch today, and have too much going on this evening.  I'm going to try to get a short shakeout run in tomorrow if I can.  Then race Saturday.

I understand being sick of winter.  We're nearing the end of it, but it has been raw and windy this week...this year winter seems to be unwilling to release us.

Happy running, everyone!

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

White Lightning

Also a Native American tribe from the Pacific northwest.  And a species of salmon.  And a helicopter (I think the US Army names most of its  helicopters after Native American tribes: Chinook, Apache, Blackhawk, Kiowa, etc.).  I hadn't known about Chinook wind.

Comes from the First Nations of British Columbia so its Native American

Play the Game Hard!